Chris Bosh Thinks Loyalty Has No Place In Free Agency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Bosh Thinks Loyalty Has No Place In Free Agency

Well, here goes Chris Bosh again, talking too much and thinking too little.

SI.com: What place should loyalty have in free agency, from the perspective of the team and the player?

Bosh: It should have none. Loyalty is an added bonus. It's great that some guys want to be loyal, but you can be unhappy trying to be loyal, and there's no reason to bring loyalty into the business room. It's like if you try to buy something from your friend for five bucks and then find another guy is selling the same thing for four, and your friend wants to know, "What about the loyalty?" And you're thinking, "I don't want to spend five dollars."

People have to look at it as a business. Fans get very wrapped around it because it's a sport. And sports are a little different but they're businesses first and that's how we have to choose sometimes. Sometimes people understand, sometimes people don't.
    Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/bal...urn=nba-264480

It's just a dollar! Jesus, Bosh.. Why are you so cheap! You're a millionaire!

Okay, that may not be his initial point.. Most people WOULD rather help their friend out, in my opinion, just to be clear.

Bosh is just trying to make it sound like he knows what he's talking about, nothing's changed. I'm officially done reading any news Bosh related.. It's become a little too much at this point.

Comment

Seriously, his agent should give him a better script or atleast ask Bosh to try and make something out of his interviews. He's so full of crap it's crazy. "I don't want to spend the $5" omg.

Comment

he's right, loyalty has no place in free agency...

but he's a douchebag for not giving his buddy $5... its a god damn dollar more.. support your friend.

Comment

Bosh would be amazed at how much loyalty is part of the business world.

Companies will often pay extra for equal quality or even sometimes slightly inferior quality if if meets their minimum quality requirements, because of loyalty.

Why?

The guy/company who you are paying more to realizes this and will work harder for you to maintain that loyalty knowing that that is what keeps you coming back. If there is a shortage of something that they are supplying to you, they will often make sure that you get the quantity of something that you need because of your loyalty.

There are also often numerous "soft dollar" benefits that accrue to someone by being loyal.

In this instance Bosh does not know what he is talking about.
          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

It's like if you try to buy something from your friend for five bucks and then find another guy is selling the same thing for four, and your friend wants to know, "What about the loyalty?" And you're thinking, "I don't want to spend five dollars."
            except it's the nba, and instead of you paying someone a dollar more they were paying you 30 MILLION MORE!!!

and you still left. so, honestly bosh just stfu before you get yourself into anymore shit, oh wait you already have with that documentary about free agency you made that si going to be released, what are you going to do next, right a tell all book?

honestl,y i think bosh is going to be kicked out of the nba because he won't stfu.

we're all done with bosh and i don't want to a single thing about bosh unless it's in the nba forum.

unless it's someone bashing the f-luck out of him.
            Last edited by LBF; Mon Aug 23, 2010, 11:53 AM.
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Yeah, he's so full of crap. He's just trying to get the media attention, but someone should stop him, before he loses ALL credibility in the ENTIRE LEAGUE.

Comment

it'd be awesome if everyone in the ACC would start whipping loonies at him.

like they do to strippers in manitoba.

Comment

Well spoken, Mr. Bosh; perhaps loyalty has nothing to do with business. And I don't hate you for choosing to play for the better team. However, while we're making analogies to deals between friends, how about this one:

It's like if you try to buy something from your friend for five bucks and then find another guy is selling the same thing for four, and your friend wants to know, "What about the loyalty?" And you're thinking, "I don't want to spend five dollars." However, I'm also thinking, "Geez, maybe I can find a better deal than four dollars. Or, maybe, when I approach the other guy about the four dollars, he'll refuse me because I'm not as great a customer as I seem to think I am. Hey, I know, I'll seek an even better deal while, and I'll mislead my friend into thinking I'm interested just in case nobody else will sell to me for cheaper."

At the same time, it's in your friends best interest to know NOW whether or not you're going to make the purchase, because while he's waiting for your answer he's unable to use his best assets to market to other people. And because you're such an attention-whore, and you love the drama involved in the whole process, your friend gets screwed when you tell him, at the last minute, about your pre-conceived decision to buy from the other guy. Meanwhile, your friend's product has expired during the wait, and he ends up with nothing.

Sound familiar, Bosh?

Obviously if Colangelo and the Raptors felt the same way Bosh does regarding loyalty, Bosh would have been traded at the first opportunity, and I'd be satisfied.

Comment

Bosh needs to shut it up and realize that no matter what he says for the rest of the summer, it's not going to erase the bad feelings people hold in Toronto and the negative publicity that the South Beach trio have received. He seems a little hurt that fans are portraying them in the villains role and keeps trying to justify it, but he ends up making himself look like a bigger toolbox in the meantime.

He thought this was going to be his big chance to break into American market and expected most fans to treat them like heroes, but since it hasn't happened we are treated to this.

Also, his attempts at philosophy are pathetic. The $5 analogy was so cringeworthy that I actually feel bad for him that he thought it made sense. I bet when he said it his head he thought it was brilliant.

Comment

noxleno wrote: View Post
                      Well spoken, Mr. Bosh; perhaps loyalty has nothing to do with business. And I don't hate you for choosing to play for the better team. However, while we're making analogies to deals between friends, how about this one:

It's like if you try to buy something from your friend for five bucks and then find another guy is selling the same thing for four, and your friend wants to know, "What about the loyalty?" And you're thinking, "I don't want to spend five dollars." However, I'm also thinking, "Geez, maybe I can find a better deal than four dollars. Or, maybe, when I approach the other guy about the four dollars, he'll refuse me because I'm not as great a customer as I seem to think I am. Hey, I know, I'll seek an even better deal while, and I'll mislead my friend into thinking I'm interested just in case nobody else will sell to me for cheaper."

At the same time, it's in your friends best interest to know NOW whether or not you're going to make the purchase, because while he's waiting for your answer he's unable to use his best assets to market to other people. And because you're such an attention-whore, and you love the drama involved in the whole process, your friend gets screwed when you tell him, at the last minute, about your pre-conceived decision to buy from the other guy. Meanwhile, your friend's product has expired during the wait, and he ends up with nothing.

Sound familiar, Bosh?

Obviously if Colangelo and the Raptors felt the same way Bosh does regarding loyalty, Bosh would have been traded at the first opportunity, and I'd be satisfied.
                      I love how you made Bosh's "philosophical" simile actually make sense, against him. HAHA. Love it. +1

Comment

Sooo Miami ended up bargaining to get Bosh? I agree with everybody that Bosh pretty much needs to keep quiet, he's a bball player and nothing more. However, I think fans fail to realize that its a two way street. How many owners truly have deep loyalty for the players? I bet if you did a analysis of the "bad" loyalty of the Owners Vs Players, the owners would be shittier hands down. Can we stop hating on Bosh though! Yeah he talks allot and seems narcissistic, but ultimately what it comes down to is that we have seen him reach his personal best in Toronto with minimal success, with teams that weren't that bad. We NEEDED a change in makeup! It just goes to show the irrational, cynical thinking of T-Dot fans and how you people just need to be mad at something to be happy. Lame.

Comment

Does Bosh need to shut-up or do you all need to stop listening and caring? lol

No one says anything when a GM gets rid of a player without any consideration for him, his family or anything else, it's for the TEAM's benefit.

When a player is in the position of authority it's now an issue? lol

No loyalty, other than to winning and it ain't happening here so move forward young man, you made the right decision.

How could you ever be loyal to a franchise run by an unstable, egocentric GM with a vision that changes from year to year?

Garnett started getting his just desserts when he put winning above the loyalty. It's a BUSINESS at the end of the day and you need to do what is best for you, cause your career is finite.

Sorry folks, upset feelings should be done by now. Bask in the glow of the new and improved 2010 Toronto Raptors!

Comment

Ru Paul;

I'll I gotta say is break a leg Ru Paul...one more thing I don't care about Ru Paul anymore...he ain't a raptor..so who F'n cares.
                            "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                            My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                              I'll I gotta say is break a leg Ru Paul...one more thing I don't care about Ru Paul anymore...he ain't a raptor..so who F'n cares.
                              ya he can go focus on his show called "rupaul's drag race".

which is where he races cars right, it's kind of like pinks and it's on the speed channel.

no, it's not, well then what is it?

what do you mean you'd rather not say?

oh, i see well that is to each his own.
                              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
                              X