Chris Bosh Thinks Loyalty Has No Place In Free Agency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JoePanini wrote: View Post
    I love how you made Bosh's "philosophical" simile actually make sense, against him. HAHA. Love it. +1
    Loyalty does not have a place in free agency Mr. Bosh, but burning bridges of your previous organization and deception are no way to go in free agency. Tell that also to your friend LeBrick. You guys are paid millions and you can not show some classiness with it. smh. .

Comment

BC should release some of his & Bosh's taped conversations/"promises" made.

If that is Bosh's sensibility regarding the matter of remuneration in free agency why could he also not have the position that he would not have any loyalty to the org. and team when it came to pushing himself to play because he might further injure himself and jeopardize the large payday.

Re the analogy, it is not apt in his case because Toronto offered him a max. extension and he refused. If he thinks he's got an ironclad deal with Riley to stay in Miami for the next 6 yrs. he should think again. Riley & Ariston are the biggest sharks in the business.

Comment

Bosh is turning into such a f'ing doosh right before our eyes.

Comment

Bosh turned into a douche when he made those ignorant and classless comments about the city. Now he's just added more doucheness upon himself for continuing to make comments that basically disrespect the Raptors organization and all the fans that supported his sorry ass. Now, any Raps fans left out there that won't boo him this season need to give their head a good shake.

Comment

Wow, this Just makes me glad that he didn't resign. I feel that Toronto dodged a bullet with him. I mean if he had stayed it obviously would have been for the money (apparently to bosh every dollar counts), and then probably would have pulled a VC once he saw how much fun miami was having.

As for Booing Bosh. I agree that he deserves it (During the game), maybe even a Ru-Paul chant when he's on the line, but when he's first introduced he deserves some sort of ovation. Simply put he deserves one. Once thats out of the way then we can let the hate flow.

But Hedo Should get Boooed every time he's in canada. I'm all for shouting Ball every time he shoots.
            What if... Blazers had drafted both Drexler, Jordan?

From 1992 Beginner's Guide to the NBA Finals, The Oregonian's special section. Published 6/3/1992.

Michael Jordan was the #3 pick in the 1984 draft, after Portland selected Sam Bowie second.

Comment

sleepz wrote: View Post
              Does Bosh need to shut-up or do you all need to stop listening and caring? lol

No one says anything when a GM gets rid of a player without any consideration for him, his family or anything else, it's for the TEAM's benefit.

When a player is in the position of authority it's now an issue? lol

No loyalty, other than to winning and it ain't happening here so move forward young man, you made the right decision.

How could you ever be loyal to a franchise run by an unstable, egocentric GM with a vision that changes from year to year?

Garnett started getting his just desserts when he put winning above the loyalty. It's a BUSINESS at the end of the day and you need to do what is best for you, cause your career is finite.

Sorry folks, upset feelings should be done by now. Bask in the glow of the new and improved 2010 Toronto Raptors!
              hahaha gotta love sleepz.
              you know what you are? youre a needle in a haystack, a diamond in the ruff, that lowly fly on a big pile of turd. hahaha. just playin man.

seriously, out of the 20 so comments here against Bosh, youre the only one who disagreed. But you are actually an eye opener, because when we all get highly emotional on crap that Bosh says, you give it justice and perspective. Honestly, it makes me realize that we really shouldnt give a shit anymore to what Bosh says since he's already gone, and that however emotional you get, you should always realize that the NBA is a business first and foremost, and thats how we should deal with it.

But what we're giving you hear is a fan's perspective. This is not an NBA forum. This is a Raptors Fan Forum. As a fan, i dont think of the NBA as a business, for me, my home team deserves my support no matter what.
              Whoever railroads the Raps, we think theyre crap. Yes, I think Bosh is crap. I dont really think he was like this when he was here, but probably the glare of the spotlight has gotten to him. He's been an all-star for multiple years yet last season was the only time he came out with publicity stunts for him to get into the all-star game. I think around that time we were already seeing his true colors, that he wanted attention, any which way he can get it.

Its just sad that basketball has come to this. Its sad the the phrase "for the love of the game" has become a cliche.
              Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Mon Aug 23, 2010, 04:03 PM.

Comment

If you ever wonder why athletes give boring bland answers and have media training up the wazoo to make them sound like a cross between Sidney Crosby and Tiger Woods, this is the reason why. There's no loyalty in sports, both for the fans, management and players. I can't understand why people get so offended by what he says, he's just talking the truth. I noticed no one minded when Hedo was 'disloyal' to Orlando or Jarrett Jack was 'disloyal' to Indiana or even Kleiza to Denver (in fact, I think Kleiza's quote was "This is where I want to play, I don't want to go to Denver. I hope they don't match"). And if we're releasing any tapes, I would LOVE to hear the conversations between the GM and Calderon when last year. Or even The GM and Bellinelli.

Look, I know it sucks right now. The best player left and is parading around, seemingly drunk on getting fame, because you know, all 25 yr olds would act mature in that situation. But he didn't do or say anything wrong. He gave an honest answer, something that The GM, considering he's traded many of player and cut many a coach (remember Sam Mitchell?) can probably identify with. This team is going to be bad (like historically bad), but there's no reason for anyone to play the scorn girlfriend and say stupid things like "I'm glad we are rid of him, we dodged a bullet" (remember this when the Raps are 5-18 and getting their asses kicked by whomever because they don't have anyone that can carry the offence or get rebounds). Isn't it sad that there are FOUR players currently in the NBA (Carter, McGrady, Hedo, Bosh) that we, as a fanbase, feel that we've been wronged by them and that we should boo them? And for what? Because they saw the ship be sinking and wanted to get off? Because some played for a organization that doesn't give out ridiculous contracts to spot up shooters and stress winning? Because they all went to better situations? If you were a basketball player, would YOU want to play here in these conditions with fans that would boo you because you dared to say something completely not positive?

If you feel hurt or think that what Bosh said wasn't fair, then fine, I obviously can't tell you how to feel, but you then can't tell Calderon or Evans to suck it up and not get affected by the near trades because they are paid a lot of money and they have to give full effort or talk about trading anyone because you think they suck or not resigning them because they are old. It's a business. Yes, unfortunately, the fans get the short end of the stick, but at the end of the day, like Seinfeld says, we're just cheering for laundry.

Comment

DirtyMikeSeaver wrote: View Post
                  If you ever wonder why athletes give boring bland answers and have media training up the wazoo to make them sound like a cross between Sidney Crosby and Tiger Woods, this is the reason why. There's no loyalty in sports, both for the fans, management and players. I can't understand why people get so offended by what he says, he's just talking the truth. I noticed no one minded when Hedo was 'disloyal' to Orlando or Jarrett Jack was 'disloyal' to Indiana or even Kleiza to Denver (in fact, I think Kleiza's quote was "This is where I want to play, I don't want to go to Denver. I hope they don't match"). And if we're releasing any tapes, I would LOVE to hear the conversations between the GM and Calderon when last year. Or even The GM and Bellinelli.

Look, I know it sucks right now. The best player left and is parading around, seemingly drunk on getting fame, because you know, all 25 yr olds would act mature in that situation. But he didn't do or say anything wrong. He gave an honest answer, something that The GM, considering he's traded many of player and cut many a coach (remember Sam Mitchell?) can probably identify with. This team is going to be bad (like historically bad), but there's no reason for anyone to play the scorn girlfriend and say stupid things like "I'm glad we are rid of him, we dodged a bullet" (remember this when the Raps are 5-18 and getting their asses kicked by whomever because they don't have anyone that can carry the offence or get rebounds). Isn't it sad that there are FOUR players currently in the NBA (Carter, McGrady, Hedo, Bosh) that we, as a fanbase, feel that we've been wronged by them and that we should boo them? And for what? Because they saw the ship be sinking and wanted to get off? Because some played for a organization that doesn't give out ridiculous contracts to spot up shooters and stress winning? Because they all went to better situations? If you were a basketball player, would YOU want to play here in these conditions with fans that would boo you because you dared to say something completely not positive?

If you feel hurt or think that what Bosh said wasn't fair, then fine, I obviously can't tell you how to feel, but you then can't tell Calderon or Evans to suck it up and not get affected by the near trades because they are paid a lot of money and they have to give full effort or talk about trading anyone because you think they suck or not resigning them because they are old. It's a business. Yes, unfortunately, the fans get the short end of the stick, but at the end of the day, like Seinfeld says, we're just cheering for laundry.
                  well said sir. i think you and sleepz pretty much want to say the same thing, its just that you say it with class and sleepz, um, well, id rather not say.

Comment

I actually agree with this idiot, but it still doenst change the fact that hes a douchebag

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                      hahaha gotta love sleepz.
                      you know what you are? youre a needle in a haystack, a diamond in the ruff, that lowly fly on a big pile of turd. hahaha. just playin man.

seriously, out of the 20 so comments here against Bosh, youre the only one who disagreed. But you are actually an eye opener, because when we all get highly emotional on crap that Bosh says, you give it justice and perspective. Honestly, it makes me realize that we really shouldnt give a shit anymore to what Bosh says since he's already gone, and that however emotional you get, you should always realize that the NBA is a business first and foremost, and thats how we should deal with it.

But what we're giving you hear is a fan's perspective. This is not an NBA forum. This is a Raptors Fan Forum. As a fan, i dont think of the NBA as a business, for me, my home team deserves my support no matter what.
                      Whoever railroads the Raps, we think theyre crap. Yes, I think Bosh is crap. I dont really think he was like this when he was here, but probably the glare of the spotlight has gotten to him. He's been an all-star for multiple years yet last season was the only time he came out with publicity stunts for him to get into the all-star game. I think around that time we were already seeing his true colors, that he wanted attention, any which way he can get it.

Its just sad that basketball has come to this. Its sad the the phrase "for the love of the game" has become a cliche.
                      Of course I'm going to disagree. Do you think that because there is a mob I must join along with them no matter how non-sensical their opinions are? lol

I am just as much a Raptor fan as you are and he's gone so where is the point in dissecting his comments? There is none. You should be dissecting Mr. Colangelo's comments. Who has 'railroaded " the franchise more than BC?? His visions and roster turnover has more to do with anything, but let em guess, he was only doing it for Bosh's sake??? lol

I never gave Bosh anything, I just agreed that the NBA is a business and loyalty can indeed mess you up. Were there any lies and railroading in those statements?

You can still love the game without being saddled to 1 team all your career. I love the Raps regardless of who plays on the team, but I'm not going to villify everyone who leaves the team. Thats the nature of sports and business.

Comment

DirtyMikeSeaver wrote: View Post

Preach, +1

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                          well said sir. i think you and sleepz pretty much want to say the same thing, its just that you say it with class and sleepz, um, well, id rather not say.
                          Do I gotta have class, or will just speaking the truth suffice?

I guess class should have rubbed off on me when reading the other previous 20 comments that were laced with dignity and integrity. lol

Comment

fuck loyalty... it was his right to leave... he was as loyal as he needed to be, he rode his contract to the end...

but he won't give his friend a dollar...... fuckin douche

Comment

sleepz wrote: View Post
                              Do I gotta have class, or will just speaking the truth suffice?

I guess class should have rubbed off on me when reading the other previous 20 comments that were laced with dignity and integrity. lol
                              hahaha true true, i was gonna say, more blatant than classy, hehehe.

Comment

Wow, Bosh thinks loyalty has no place in free agency. Big revelation right there...

Comment

Working...
                                X