Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 49

Thread: Chris Bosh Thinks Loyalty Has No Place In Free Agency

  1. #21
    Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Markham, Ontario
    Posts
    2,834
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote sleepz wrote: View Post
    Does Bosh need to shut-up or do you all need to stop listening and caring? lol

    No one says anything when a GM gets rid of a player without any consideration for him, his family or anything else, it's for the TEAM's benefit.

    When a player is in the position of authority it's now an issue? lol

    No loyalty, other than to winning and it ain't happening here so move forward young man, you made the right decision.

    How could you ever be loyal to a franchise run by an unstable, egocentric GM with a vision that changes from year to year?

    Garnett started getting his just desserts when he put winning above the loyalty. It's a BUSINESS at the end of the day and you need to do what is best for you, cause your career is finite.

    Sorry folks, upset feelings should be done by now. Bask in the glow of the new and improved 2010 Toronto Raptors!
    hahaha gotta love sleepz.
    you know what you are? youre a needle in a haystack, a diamond in the ruff, that lowly fly on a big pile of turd. hahaha. just playin man.

    seriously, out of the 20 so comments here against Bosh, youre the only one who disagreed. But you are actually an eye opener, because when we all get highly emotional on crap that Bosh says, you give it justice and perspective. Honestly, it makes me realize that we really shouldnt give a shit anymore to what Bosh says since he's already gone, and that however emotional you get, you should always realize that the NBA is a business first and foremost, and thats how we should deal with it.

    But what we're giving you hear is a fan's perspective. This is not an NBA forum. This is a Raptors Fan Forum. As a fan, i dont think of the NBA as a business, for me, my home team deserves my support no matter what.
    Whoever railroads the Raps, we think theyre crap. Yes, I think Bosh is crap. I dont really think he was like this when he was here, but probably the glare of the spotlight has gotten to him. He's been an all-star for multiple years yet last season was the only time he came out with publicity stunts for him to get into the all-star game. I think around that time we were already seeing his true colors, that he wanted attention, any which way he can get it.

    Its just sad that basketball has come to this. Its sad the the phrase "for the love of the game" has become a cliche.
    Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Mon Aug 23rd, 2010 at 04:03 PM.

  2. #22
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    94
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    If you ever wonder why athletes give boring bland answers and have media training up the wazoo to make them sound like a cross between Sidney Crosby and Tiger Woods, this is the reason why. There's no loyalty in sports, both for the fans, management and players. I can't understand why people get so offended by what he says, he's just talking the truth. I noticed no one minded when Hedo was 'disloyal' to Orlando or Jarrett Jack was 'disloyal' to Indiana or even Kleiza to Denver (in fact, I think Kleiza's quote was "This is where I want to play, I don't want to go to Denver. I hope they don't match"). And if we're releasing any tapes, I would LOVE to hear the conversations between the GM and Calderon when last year. Or even The GM and Bellinelli.

    Look, I know it sucks right now. The best player left and is parading around, seemingly drunk on getting fame, because you know, all 25 yr olds would act mature in that situation. But he didn't do or say anything wrong. He gave an honest answer, something that The GM, considering he's traded many of player and cut many a coach (remember Sam Mitchell?) can probably identify with. This team is going to be bad (like historically bad), but there's no reason for anyone to play the scorn girlfriend and say stupid things like "I'm glad we are rid of him, we dodged a bullet" (remember this when the Raps are 5-18 and getting their asses kicked by whomever because they don't have anyone that can carry the offence or get rebounds). Isn't it sad that there are FOUR players currently in the NBA (Carter, McGrady, Hedo, Bosh) that we, as a fanbase, feel that we've been wronged by them and that we should boo them? And for what? Because they saw the ship be sinking and wanted to get off? Because some played for a organization that doesn't give out ridiculous contracts to spot up shooters and stress winning? Because they all went to better situations? If you were a basketball player, would YOU want to play here in these conditions with fans that would boo you because you dared to say something completely not positive?

    If you feel hurt or think that what Bosh said wasn't fair, then fine, I obviously can't tell you how to feel, but you then can't tell Calderon or Evans to suck it up and not get affected by the near trades because they are paid a lot of money and they have to give full effort or talk about trading anyone because you think they suck or not resigning them because they are old. It's a business. Yes, unfortunately, the fans get the short end of the stick, but at the end of the day, like Seinfeld says, we're just cheering for laundry.

  3. #23
    Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Markham, Ontario
    Posts
    2,834
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote DirtyMikeSeaver wrote: View Post
    If you ever wonder why athletes give boring bland answers and have media training up the wazoo to make them sound like a cross between Sidney Crosby and Tiger Woods, this is the reason why. There's no loyalty in sports, both for the fans, management and players. I can't understand why people get so offended by what he says, he's just talking the truth. I noticed no one minded when Hedo was 'disloyal' to Orlando or Jarrett Jack was 'disloyal' to Indiana or even Kleiza to Denver (in fact, I think Kleiza's quote was "This is where I want to play, I don't want to go to Denver. I hope they don't match"). And if we're releasing any tapes, I would LOVE to hear the conversations between the GM and Calderon when last year. Or even The GM and Bellinelli.

    Look, I know it sucks right now. The best player left and is parading around, seemingly drunk on getting fame, because you know, all 25 yr olds would act mature in that situation. But he didn't do or say anything wrong. He gave an honest answer, something that The GM, considering he's traded many of player and cut many a coach (remember Sam Mitchell?) can probably identify with. This team is going to be bad (like historically bad), but there's no reason for anyone to play the scorn girlfriend and say stupid things like "I'm glad we are rid of him, we dodged a bullet" (remember this when the Raps are 5-18 and getting their asses kicked by whomever because they don't have anyone that can carry the offence or get rebounds). Isn't it sad that there are FOUR players currently in the NBA (Carter, McGrady, Hedo, Bosh) that we, as a fanbase, feel that we've been wronged by them and that we should boo them? And for what? Because they saw the ship be sinking and wanted to get off? Because some played for a organization that doesn't give out ridiculous contracts to spot up shooters and stress winning? Because they all went to better situations? If you were a basketball player, would YOU want to play here in these conditions with fans that would boo you because you dared to say something completely not positive?

    If you feel hurt or think that what Bosh said wasn't fair, then fine, I obviously can't tell you how to feel, but you then can't tell Calderon or Evans to suck it up and not get affected by the near trades because they are paid a lot of money and they have to give full effort or talk about trading anyone because you think they suck or not resigning them because they are old. It's a business. Yes, unfortunately, the fans get the short end of the stick, but at the end of the day, like Seinfeld says, we're just cheering for laundry.
    well said sir. i think you and sleepz pretty much want to say the same thing, its just that you say it with class and sleepz, um, well, id rather not say.

  4. #24
    Raptors Republic Rookie Killingjoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    55
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I actually agree with this idiot, but it still doenst change the fact that hes a douchebag

  5. #25
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,083
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    hahaha gotta love sleepz.
    you know what you are? youre a needle in a haystack, a diamond in the ruff, that lowly fly on a big pile of turd. hahaha. just playin man.

    seriously, out of the 20 so comments here against Bosh, youre the only one who disagreed. But you are actually an eye opener, because when we all get highly emotional on crap that Bosh says, you give it justice and perspective. Honestly, it makes me realize that we really shouldnt give a shit anymore to what Bosh says since he's already gone, and that however emotional you get, you should always realize that the NBA is a business first and foremost, and thats how we should deal with it.

    But what we're giving you hear is a fan's perspective. This is not an NBA forum. This is a Raptors Fan Forum. As a fan, i dont think of the NBA as a business, for me, my home team deserves my support no matter what.
    Whoever railroads the Raps, we think theyre crap. Yes, I think Bosh is crap. I dont really think he was like this when he was here, but probably the glare of the spotlight has gotten to him. He's been an all-star for multiple years yet last season was the only time he came out with publicity stunts for him to get into the all-star game. I think around that time we were already seeing his true colors, that he wanted attention, any which way he can get it.

    Its just sad that basketball has come to this. Its sad the the phrase "for the love of the game" has become a cliche.
    Of course I'm going to disagree. Do you think that because there is a mob I must join along with them no matter how non-sensical their opinions are? lol

    I am just as much a Raptor fan as you are and he's gone so where is the point in dissecting his comments? There is none. You should be dissecting Mr. Colangelo's comments. Who has 'railroaded " the franchise more than BC?? His visions and roster turnover has more to do with anything, but let em guess, he was only doing it for Bosh's sake??? lol

    I never gave Bosh anything, I just agreed that the NBA is a business and loyalty can indeed mess you up. Were there any lies and railroading in those statements?

    You can still love the game without being saddled to 1 team all your career. I love the Raps regardless of who plays on the team, but I'm not going to villify everyone who leaves the team. Thats the nature of sports and business.

  6. #26
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,083
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote DirtyMikeSeaver wrote: View Post
    If you ever wonder why athletes give boring bland answers and have media training up the wazoo to make them sound like a cross between Sidney Crosby and Tiger Woods, this is the reason why. There's no loyalty in sports, both for the fans, management and players. I can't understand why people get so offended by what he says, he's just talking the truth. I noticed no one minded when Hedo was 'disloyal' to Orlando or Jarrett Jack was 'disloyal' to Indiana or even Kleiza to Denver (in fact, I think Kleiza's quote was "This is where I want to play, I don't want to go to Denver. I hope they don't match"). And if we're releasing any tapes, I would LOVE to hear the conversations between the GM and Calderon when last year. Or even The GM and Bellinelli.

    Look, I know it sucks right now. The best player left and is parading around, seemingly drunk on getting fame, because you know, all 25 yr olds would act mature in that situation. But he didn't do or say anything wrong. He gave an honest answer, something that The GM, considering he's traded many of player and cut many a coach (remember Sam Mitchell?) can probably identify with. This team is going to be bad (like historically bad), but there's no reason for anyone to play the scorn girlfriend and say stupid things like "I'm glad we are rid of him, we dodged a bullet" (remember this when the Raps are 5-18 and getting their asses kicked by whomever because they don't have anyone that can carry the offence or get rebounds). Isn't it sad that there are FOUR players currently in the NBA (Carter, McGrady, Hedo, Bosh) that we, as a fanbase, feel that we've been wronged by them and that we should boo them? And for what? Because they saw the ship be sinking and wanted to get off? Because some played for a organization that doesn't give out ridiculous contracts to spot up shooters and stress winning? Because they all went to better situations? If you were a basketball player, would YOU want to play here in these conditions with fans that would boo you because you dared to say something completely not positive?

    If you feel hurt or think that what Bosh said wasn't fair, then fine, I obviously can't tell you how to feel, but you then can't tell Calderon or Evans to suck it up and not get affected by the near trades because they are paid a lot of money and they have to give full effort or talk about trading anyone because you think they suck or not resigning them because they are old. It's a business. Yes, unfortunately, the fans get the short end of the stick, but at the end of the day, like Seinfeld says, we're just cheering for laundry.
    Preach, +1

  7. #27
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,083
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    well said sir. i think you and sleepz pretty much want to say the same thing, its just that you say it with class and sleepz, um, well, id rather not say.
    Do I gotta have class, or will just speaking the truth suffice?

    I guess class should have rubbed off on me when reading the other previous 20 comments that were laced with dignity and integrity. lol

  8. #28
    Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,795
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    fuck loyalty... it was his right to leave... he was as loyal as he needed to be, he rode his contract to the end...

    but he won't give his friend a dollar...... fuckin douche

  9. #29
    Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Markham, Ontario
    Posts
    2,834
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote sleepz wrote: View Post
    Do I gotta have class, or will just speaking the truth suffice?

    I guess class should have rubbed off on me when reading the other previous 20 comments that were laced with dignity and integrity. lol
    hahaha true true, i was gonna say, more blatant than classy, hehehe.

  10. #30
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,660
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Wow, Bosh thinks loyalty has no place in free agency. Big revelation right there...

  11. #31
    Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Markham, Ontario
    Posts
    2,834
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote sleepz wrote: View Post
    Of course I'm going to disagree. Do you think that because there is a mob I must join along with them no matter how non-sensical their opinions are? lol

    I am just as much a Raptor fan as you are and he's gone so where is the point in dissecting his comments? There is none. You should be dissecting Mr. Colangelo's comments. Who has 'railroaded " the franchise more than BC?? His visions and roster turnover has more to do with anything, but let em guess, he was only doing it for Bosh's sake??? lol

    I never gave Bosh anything, I just agreed that the NBA is a business and loyalty can indeed mess you up. Were there any lies and railroading in those statements?

    You can still love the game without being saddled to 1 team all your career. I love the Raps regardless of who plays on the team, but I'm not going to villify everyone who leaves the team. Thats the nature of sports and business.
    i guess its just fun that we still take Bosh's comments seriously, its like going through a breakup, you always ask your common friends, what did she say, and then you go, what?? she said that?? that bitch! hahaha. its just human nature.

    loyalty probably is non-existent in the NBA, but for me, if shown loyalty, the least you can do is deny it and not drag it along if you dont intend to reciprocate it. i think what irks the fans is that the Raps showed Bosh loyalty, 1st, by not trading him when they could have, and 2nd by giving him the most money and years they could offer him. And dont say that they used Bosh services because im pretty sure at some point during the middle of last season, BC already had an idea as to where Bosh stood on FA, even I, a lowly fan, already had a gut feeling that he wouldnt re-sign after being an FA when he declined the extension offer. But still, BC stood by him and offered him the max money for max years. If you dont think of that as loyalty......

    I guess BC can also be blamed for the so-called failed moves he did, but thats the keyword there, failed. Its a two-sided coin. If all his roster moves were a success, then you wont be calling him out, rather youd be thinking he's a genius. He did the best moves possible at that time, with his resources, it just didnt pan out. But the intention was there. Bosh needed a playmaking PG, BC got TJ Ford. Bosh needed a center, BC got JO. You really cant blame BC for those moves, because initially, it worked out fine, on paper it was good. TJ was pacing the raps to a 50 win season when he got injured. JO was the shotblocking, rebounding center that would complement Bosh on the inside, and he got injured and again the raps went downhill.

    bottomline is, BC was loyal to Bosh but he wasnt, but cant really blame Bosh coz basketball is not just about money, but winning and doing whatever is necessary to achieve it. bosh was loyal, to his own goals and dream and thats what counts for every athlete, i guess

  12. #32
    Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Markham, Ontario
    Posts
    2,834
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote DirtyMikeSeaver wrote: View Post
    If you ever wonder why athletes give boring bland answers and have media training up the wazoo to make them sound like a cross between Sidney Crosby and Tiger Woods, this is the reason why. There's no loyalty in sports, both for the fans, management and players. I can't understand why people get so offended by what he says, he's just talking the truth. I noticed no one minded when Hedo was 'disloyal' to Orlando or Jarrett Jack was 'disloyal' to Indiana or even Kleiza to Denver (in fact, I think Kleiza's quote was "This is where I want to play, I don't want to go to Denver. I hope they don't match"). And if we're releasing any tapes, I would LOVE to hear the conversations between the GM and Calderon when last year. Or even The GM and Bellinelli.

    Look, I know it sucks right now. The best player left and is parading around, seemingly drunk on getting fame, because you know, all 25 yr olds would act mature in that situation. But he didn't do or say anything wrong. He gave an honest answer, something that The GM, considering he's traded many of player and cut many a coach (remember Sam Mitchell?) can probably identify with. This team is going to be bad (like historically bad), but there's no reason for anyone to play the scorn girlfriend and say stupid things like "I'm glad we are rid of him, we dodged a bullet" (remember this when the Raps are 5-18 and getting their asses kicked by whomever because they don't have anyone that can carry the offence or get rebounds). Isn't it sad that there are FOUR players currently in the NBA (Carter, McGrady, Hedo, Bosh) that we, as a fanbase, feel that we've been wronged by them and that we should boo them? And for what? Because they saw the ship be sinking and wanted to get off? Because some played for a organization that doesn't give out ridiculous contracts to spot up shooters and stress winning? Because they all went to better situations? If you were a basketball player, would YOU want to play here in these conditions with fans that would boo you because you dared to say something completely not positive?

    If you feel hurt or think that what Bosh said wasn't fair, then fine, I obviously can't tell you how to feel, but you then can't tell Calderon or Evans to suck it up and not get affected by the near trades because they are paid a lot of money and they have to give full effort or talk about trading anyone because you think they suck or not resigning them because they are old. It's a business. Yes, unfortunately, the fans get the short end of the stick, but at the end of the day, like Seinfeld says, we're just cheering for laundry.
    i think what should be pointed out is loyalty will not work by itself, loyalty is a side dish so to speak. in the corporate world, if after 20 years you get fired and you complain that the company was not being loyal to you, well, you mustve been fired because after 20 years youve been lackadaisical and not doing your job properly, or youre already so overpaid for doing the same thing you did when you were first hired. in cases like this, loyalty is bound to be broken, because there is not equal reciprocation from both parties. same with Bosh and the Raps, the Raps stayed loyal to Bosh, offering him max contract and years, but Bosh broke loyalty because he wasnt getting what he needed from that Raps, which is winning. There is loyalty, but it was one-sided.

    The situations of Hedo, Jack and Kleiza were different, none of their teams were loyal to them. Hedo wanted the max (which at that time i think he deserved) but the magic didnt give it to him. Same with Jack and Kleiza. There was loyalty on their part, but their former teams did not give loyalty back in return. Cant be said of the Raps.

    With Calderon, Evans and Bellinelli, it was the same thing, probably the Raps said, you do what we paid you to do, and we will show loyalty to you. But none of them did that. All three were not delivering as expected. If the Raps keep them, thats not loyalty, thats charity.

    I think the boos came after they left the Raps, and not while theyre still playing here, which makes sense. As a fan, you cant really sit in the ACC and think, hhhmmm, these guys left us because they want to go to a better situation, yes, that makes sense! we shouldnt boo them! i dont think youll pay good money to go sit in the ACC and do that. like you said, there's no loyalty, bottomline is, you left my team, so screw you.

    again, to reiterate, we as fans are irked because bosh said there is no loyalty in the nba. after the raps showed loyalty to him, he comes out and says that. thats the problem.

  13. #33
    Raptors Republic Starter Hassan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Guelph,ON
    Posts
    462
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Bosh is a little bitch I hope he gets a STI in miami and has to miss the whole season cause of it. what a douchebag first he says toronto "smells different" now he says players shouldnt be loyal but hey what can you expect if lebron cant be loyal to his hometown team then how can bosh be loyal to the raptors

  14. #34
    Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    it'd be awesome if everyone in the ACC would start whipping loonies at him.

    like they do to strippers in manitoba.
    LOL I really like this idea, the loonies could be giving to some charity after. I could see it now, one of those rupaul pics on the jumble screens and 50 cents "I'll whip ya head boy" sound track playing as loonies rain down on chris bosh's head top

    seriously tho, the more he talks the more I am glad he doesn't play for this team anymore. its not that I don't understand where he is coming from, its that I don't agree at all with it and the way he has conducted himself after wards makes him look very bad.
    Last edited by grindhouse; Tue Aug 24th, 2010 at 12:46 AM.

  15. #35
    Raptors Republic Rookie lusset blither's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    19
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote sleepz wrote: View Post
    Of course I'm going to disagree. Do you think that because there is a mob I must join along with them no matter how non-sensical their opinions are? lol

    I am just as much a Raptor fan as you are and he's gone so where is the point in dissecting his comments? There is none. You should be dissecting Mr. Colangelo's comments. Who has 'railroaded " the franchise more than BC?? His visions and roster turnover has more to do with anything, but let em guess, he was only doing it for Bosh's sake??? lol

    I never gave Bosh anything, I just agreed that the NBA is a business and loyalty can indeed mess you up. Were there any lies and railroading in those statements?

    You can still love the game without being saddled to 1 team all your career. I love the Raps regardless of who plays on the team, but I'm not going to villify everyone who leaves the team. Thats the nature of sports and business.
    From a rational (and personal) point of view I totally agree: who cares, turn that page and forget about it (I'll tell you more, it might not be such a tragedy for the Raps having lost CB, we'll see in a couple of years...). I - as many others - was kind of annoyed about this late habit of attacking Bosh and his last deeds...
    But from a typical fan's psychological point of view, perception totally changes. Bosh is seen as a traitor, the team is primarily seen as a family, not a business enterprise, games and championships as heroic achievements or ignoble defeats, everything related is soaked in emotions, symbols. In this framework, many fans feel the need to (metaphorically) burn the puppet, wash the infamy with blood, tear the betrayer to pieces. This is for them the point in dissecting his comments.
    This catharsis, this working-through of a bereavement, is perceived as essential to some fans, just like some of us have the unconquerable urgency to expatiate all the time about stats, or contracts.
    To each his own, and peace for all (except Bosh, of course).
    ka mate, ka ora, whiti te rā!!, hī!

  16. #36
    Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Markham, Ontario
    Posts
    2,834
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote lusset blither wrote: View Post
    From a rational (and personal) point of view I totally agree: who cares, turn that page and forget about it (I'll tell you more, it might not be such a tragedy for the Raps having lost CB, we'll see in a couple of years...). I - as many others - was kind of annoyed about this late habit of attacking Bosh and his last deeds...
    But from a typical fan's psychological point of view, perception totally changes. Bosh is seen as a traitor, the team is primarily seen as a family, not a business enterprise, games and championships as heroic achievements or ignoble defeats, everything related is soaked in emotions, symbols. In this framework, many fans feel the need to (metaphorically) burn the puppet, wash the infamy with blood, tear the betrayer to pieces. This is for them the point in dissecting his comments.
    This catharsis, this working-through of a bereavement, is perceived as essential to some fans, just like some of us have the unconquerable urgency to expatiate all the time about stats, or contracts.
    To each his own, and peace for all (except Bosh, of course).
    whoa that was deep mah man! nice first post! welcome to RR!

  17. #37
    Raptors Republic Rookie lusset blither's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    19
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Thanks man! I've been around a while, but never in the forum section.
    ka mate, ka ora, whiti te rā!!, hī!

  18. #38
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    799
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    There's a saying that "...money makes you more of who you already are". And I suppose that fame let's more people know about it. So I guess we are now seeing the suppressed inner workings of the mind of CB4 exposed to the world and frankly, having caught a few glimpses over the last few months, I'm glad that he's gone. You could never build a franchise around a guy who thinks like that.

    Funny how the one free agent who did show loyalty to his franchise (D-Wade), was able to sway the other two non-committal guys. Interesting how that works, eh?

  19. #39
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Brantford
    Posts
    45
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    You would think that a guy who sees the NBA as "just business" would realize that it is bad business to appear as a selfish mercenary. Most business people know when they make decisions that will increase their bottom line but hurt their public perception that they should either shut up about until it blows over or spin it to make themselves seem compassionate in some way. They should not brag about how heartless they are.
    That's not going to get you huge endorsement money, big guy.
    LBJ: "We are witnesses"
    DW: "Knocked down 7 times, get up 8"
    CB4: "It's just business"

  20. #40
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,083
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote golden wrote: View Post
    There's a saying that "...money makes you more of who you already are". And I suppose that fame let's more people know about it. So I guess we are now seeing the suppressed inner workings of the mind of CB4 exposed to the world and frankly, having caught a few glimpses over the last few months, I'm glad that he's gone. You could never build a franchise around a guy who thinks like that.

    Funny how the one free agent who did show loyalty to his franchise (D-Wade), was able to sway the other two non-committal guys. Interesting how that works, eh?
    Miami was the only team that ahd the actual cap space to do it. You should really thank Colangelo who set up the 'perfect storm' to allow it to happen.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •