Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 49 of 49

Thread: Chris Bosh Thinks Loyalty Has No Place In Free Agency

  1. #41
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote sleepz wrote: View Post
    Miami was the only team that ahd the actual cap space to do it. You should really thank Colangelo who set up the 'perfect storm' to allow it to happen.
    I am not convinced that BC did not let Bosh walk and then turn it into a S&T.

    In my opinion the Heat have vastly overpaid for Bosh who I think will physically break down before the final season of his current contract.

    Bosh never led the Raptors to anything of note and his body is deteriorating.

    I would never have offered Bosh more than three season at $42 million with only $30 of it guaranteed along with a team option for the 4th season and player option for the fifth. The other $12 would have been based upon games played each season. 76 minimum numbers of games in each of those seasons would have gotten him $4 million more for each of the three seasons that he could do that.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  2. #42
    Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Markham, Ontario
    Posts
    2,830
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote sleepz wrote: View Post
    Miami was the only team that ahd the actual cap space to do it. You should really thank Colangelo who set up the 'perfect storm' to allow it to happen.
    Im really starting to think that BC did something to you that traumatized you far worse than getting locked in the closet with Adam Lambert. You seem to tie every misfortune/failing/injury/disloyalty of every raptor player to Colangelo and make it as if all these was his fault.

    Are you his bastard son?
    Did he have an affair with your mother? your father?
    Did he rape any of your sisters?
    Did he take your virginity?

    Sorry man im just trying to make fun here but seriously, why do you hate BC that much?

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,613
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The NBA is a business first and foremost, loyalty is nothing more than a marketing scheme, those who disagree so be it.

    That being said CB did re sign once before w/ TO he's just smart enough to get away from BC's bull chit Raptor vision when he had the chance to.

    Btw- Bosh will not break down in Miami as he won't be forced to guard, bang with NBA centers nor be required to play the heavy minutes he did in TO- Haslem is his certified veteran PF back up. Matter of fact being the third option in Miami will rejuvenate his health & career in my mind.

  4. #44
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    890
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote sleepz wrote: View Post
    Miami was the only team that ahd the actual cap space to do it. You should really thank Colangelo who set up the 'perfect storm' to allow it to happen.
    Actually Chicago had more cap space than Miami and the best supporting cast if '"winning'" was truly the priority. Not only that, the Bulls had more assets to dangle in S&T scenarios, if necessary. The fact that Florida is a tax-free state might have been the real deal clincher, given that all 3 had to take less salary. So I guess they'll make up for that in net income after taxes.

    EDIT: And BC didn't set up any perfect storm. Reilly had another deal for Brad Miller and John Salmons on the table for Shawn Marion, in case the JO deal didn't go through. Miami would have acquired the cap space regardless of BC.
    Last edited by golden; Tue Aug 24th, 2010 at 11:15 PM.

  5. #45
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    698
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    I am not convinced that BC did not let Bosh walk and then turn it into a S&T.

    In my opinion the Heat have vastly overpaid for Bosh who I think will physically break down before the final season of his current contract.

    Bosh never led the Raptors to anything of note and his body is deteriorating.

    I would never have offered Bosh more than three season at $42 million with only $30 of it guaranteed along with a team option for the 4th season and player option for the fifth. The other $12 would have been based upon games played each season. 76 minimum numbers of games in each of those seasons would have gotten him $4 million more for each of the three seasons that he could do that.
    Absolutely agree that B.C. did not really want that douchebag back. No way here I blame everything on B.C. like some here. B.C. did everything in his power to keep bringing players here to help RuPaul, build around RuPaul, make RuPaul happy and it got us sqwat, and the dick left anyway.
    Meantime I can only assume that anyone here who agrees with RuPaul that it is just business and there is no loyalty in business, has never worked in the REAL business world.
    I can recite the principles of Leadership to show everyone RuPaul is not a leader but we already know that, and sorry but Buddahfan hit it on the head; In business Loyalty is HUGE and many of us take less compensation becasue we are loyal to a company that has shown us we are more than an employee. The Raptors organization did that over and over with RuPaul, but the fact is he has no loyalty and thinks it is unimportant and why?? Because he has no intillect, and he has never had any. His street smarts, business smarts and reciprocity are about as strong as his basketball IQ....NONE!!!
    Good riddance the douche is gone and thank God he has shown his true colours so early in his move to dispell forever all real fights about whether he is a leader or a douche.
    He will break down over the next few years being the douche for the other two and will never be worth what Miami gave him. He is worth every boo this city has for him, after breaking promises, dissing the city, talking about loyalty like it was trash, and showing how much he worships $1. He has definitely passed Carter as King Douche !

  6. #46
    Raptors Republic Rookie ghotte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Mississauga
    Posts
    99
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Pizzaman wrote: View Post
    The Raptors organization did that over and over with RuPaul, but the fact is he has no loyalty and thinks it is unimportant and why?? Because he has no intillect, and he has never had any. His street smarts, business smarts and reciprocity are about as strong as his basketball IQ....NONE!!!
    ...He has definitely passed Carter as King Douche !
    Just goes to show you, "Hell has no fury like a woman scorned!"

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,613
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Pizzaman wrote: View Post
    Absolutely agree that B.C. did not really want that douchebag back. No way here I blame everything on B.C. like some here. B.C. did everything in his power to keep bringing players here to help RuPaul, build around RuPaul, make RuPaul happy and it got us sqwat, and the dick left anyway.
    Meantime I can only assume that anyone here who agrees with RuPaul that it is just business and there is no loyalty in business, has never worked in the REAL business world.
    I can recite the principles of Leadership to show everyone RuPaul is not a leader but we already know that, and sorry but Buddahfan hit it on the head; In business Loyalty is HUGE and many of us take less compensation becasue we are loyal to a company that has shown us we are more than an employee. The Raptors organization did that over and over with RuPaul, but the fact is he has no loyalty and thinks it is unimportant and why?? Because he has no intillect, and he has never had any. His street smarts, business smarts and reciprocity are about as strong as his basketball IQ....NONE!!!
    Good riddance the douche is gone and thank God he has shown his true colours so early in his move to dispell forever all real fights about whether he is a leader or a douche.
    He will break down over the next few years being the douche for the other two and will never be worth what Miami gave him. He is worth every boo this city has for him, after breaking promises, dissing the city, talking about loyalty like it was trash, and showing how much he worships $1. He has definitely passed Carter as King Douche !
    What flavor of BC kool aid are you drinking today-strawberry balderdash?

  8. #48
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    698
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Coming from you sirchilly it's a compliment to know you and I disagree. I think B.C. has done everything possible to build around a fake, and that is his biggest screw up but I'm sure that came from his bosses. Only now is he able to start this team on the right direction and build it properly instead of trying to build it around RuPaul and his girly locks. Speaking of kool aid where do you get your from I wonder since other than RuPaul, and the self proclaimed Young gunz most of your kool aid for the raps is hate laced/

  9. #49
    Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,798
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    i'm offended by this thread's slandering of kool aid's good name.

    its a delightful beverage.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •