Chris Bosh Thinks Loyalty Has No Place In Free Agency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sleepz wrote: View Post
    Of course I'm going to disagree. Do you think that because there is a mob I must join along with them no matter how non-sensical their opinions are? lol

I am just as much a Raptor fan as you are and he's gone so where is the point in dissecting his comments? There is none. You should be dissecting Mr. Colangelo's comments. Who has 'railroaded " the franchise more than BC?? His visions and roster turnover has more to do with anything, but let em guess, he was only doing it for Bosh's sake??? lol

I never gave Bosh anything, I just agreed that the NBA is a business and loyalty can indeed mess you up. Were there any lies and railroading in those statements?

You can still love the game without being saddled to 1 team all your career. I love the Raps regardless of who plays on the team, but I'm not going to villify everyone who leaves the team. Thats the nature of sports and business.
    i guess its just fun that we still take Bosh's comments seriously, its like going through a breakup, you always ask your common friends, what did she say, and then you go, what?? she said that?? that bitch! hahaha. its just human nature.

loyalty probably is non-existent in the NBA, but for me, if shown loyalty, the least you can do is deny it and not drag it along if you dont intend to reciprocate it. i think what irks the fans is that the Raps showed Bosh loyalty, 1st, by not trading him when they could have, and 2nd by giving him the most money and years they could offer him. And dont say that they used Bosh services because im pretty sure at some point during the middle of last season, BC already had an idea as to where Bosh stood on FA, even I, a lowly fan, already had a gut feeling that he wouldnt re-sign after being an FA when he declined the extension offer. But still, BC stood by him and offered him the max money for max years. If you dont think of that as loyalty......

I guess BC can also be blamed for the so-called failed moves he did, but thats the keyword there, failed. Its a two-sided coin. If all his roster moves were a success, then you wont be calling him out, rather youd be thinking he's a genius. He did the best moves possible at that time, with his resources, it just didnt pan out. But the intention was there. Bosh needed a playmaking PG, BC got TJ Ford. Bosh needed a center, BC got JO. You really cant blame BC for those moves, because initially, it worked out fine, on paper it was good. TJ was pacing the raps to a 50 win season when he got injured. JO was the shotblocking, rebounding center that would complement Bosh on the inside, and he got injured and again the raps went downhill.

bottomline is, BC was loyal to Bosh but he wasnt, but cant really blame Bosh coz basketball is not just about money, but winning and doing whatever is necessary to achieve it. bosh was loyal, to his own goals and dream and thats what counts for every athlete, i guess

Comment

DirtyMikeSeaver wrote: View Post
      If you ever wonder why athletes give boring bland answers and have media training up the wazoo to make them sound like a cross between Sidney Crosby and Tiger Woods, this is the reason why. There's no loyalty in sports, both for the fans, management and players. I can't understand why people get so offended by what he says, he's just talking the truth. I noticed no one minded when Hedo was 'disloyal' to Orlando or Jarrett Jack was 'disloyal' to Indiana or even Kleiza to Denver (in fact, I think Kleiza's quote was "This is where I want to play, I don't want to go to Denver. I hope they don't match"). And if we're releasing any tapes, I would LOVE to hear the conversations between the GM and Calderon when last year. Or even The GM and Bellinelli.

Look, I know it sucks right now. The best player left and is parading around, seemingly drunk on getting fame, because you know, all 25 yr olds would act mature in that situation. But he didn't do or say anything wrong. He gave an honest answer, something that The GM, considering he's traded many of player and cut many a coach (remember Sam Mitchell?) can probably identify with. This team is going to be bad (like historically bad), but there's no reason for anyone to play the scorn girlfriend and say stupid things like "I'm glad we are rid of him, we dodged a bullet" (remember this when the Raps are 5-18 and getting their asses kicked by whomever because they don't have anyone that can carry the offence or get rebounds). Isn't it sad that there are FOUR players currently in the NBA (Carter, McGrady, Hedo, Bosh) that we, as a fanbase, feel that we've been wronged by them and that we should boo them? And for what? Because they saw the ship be sinking and wanted to get off? Because some played for a organization that doesn't give out ridiculous contracts to spot up shooters and stress winning? Because they all went to better situations? If you were a basketball player, would YOU want to play here in these conditions with fans that would boo you because you dared to say something completely not positive?

If you feel hurt or think that what Bosh said wasn't fair, then fine, I obviously can't tell you how to feel, but you then can't tell Calderon or Evans to suck it up and not get affected by the near trades because they are paid a lot of money and they have to give full effort or talk about trading anyone because you think they suck or not resigning them because they are old. It's a business. Yes, unfortunately, the fans get the short end of the stick, but at the end of the day, like Seinfeld says, we're just cheering for laundry.
      i think what should be pointed out is loyalty will not work by itself, loyalty is a side dish so to speak. in the corporate world, if after 20 years you get fired and you complain that the company was not being loyal to you, well, you mustve been fired because after 20 years youve been lackadaisical and not doing your job properly, or youre already so overpaid for doing the same thing you did when you were first hired. in cases like this, loyalty is bound to be broken, because there is not equal reciprocation from both parties. same with Bosh and the Raps, the Raps stayed loyal to Bosh, offering him max contract and years, but Bosh broke loyalty because he wasnt getting what he needed from that Raps, which is winning. There is loyalty, but it was one-sided.

The situations of Hedo, Jack and Kleiza were different, none of their teams were loyal to them. Hedo wanted the max (which at that time i think he deserved) but the magic didnt give it to him. Same with Jack and Kleiza. There was loyalty on their part, but their former teams did not give loyalty back in return. Cant be said of the Raps.

With Calderon, Evans and Bellinelli, it was the same thing, probably the Raps said, you do what we paid you to do, and we will show loyalty to you. But none of them did that. All three were not delivering as expected. If the Raps keep them, thats not loyalty, thats charity.

I think the boos came after they left the Raps, and not while theyre still playing here, which makes sense. As a fan, you cant really sit in the ACC and think, hhhmmm, these guys left us because they want to go to a better situation, yes, that makes sense! we shouldnt boo them! i dont think youll pay good money to go sit in the ACC and do that. like you said, there's no loyalty, bottomline is, you left my team, so screw you.

again, to reiterate, we as fans are irked because bosh said there is no loyalty in the nba. after the raps showed loyalty to him, he comes out and says that. thats the problem.

Comment

Bosh is a little bitch I hope he gets a STI in miami and has to miss the whole season cause of it. what a douchebag first he says toronto "smells different" now he says players shouldnt be loyal but hey what can you expect if lebron cant be loyal to his hometown team then how can bosh be loyal to the raptors
        ya dun noe

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
          it'd be awesome if everyone in the ACC would start whipping loonies at him.

like they do to strippers in manitoba.
          LOL I really like this idea, the loonies could be giving to some charity after. I could see it now, one of those rupaul pics on the jumble screens and 50 cents "I'll whip ya head boy" sound track playing as loonies rain down on chris bosh's head top

seriously tho, the more he talks the more I am glad he doesn't play for this team anymore. its not that I don't understand where he is coming from, its that I don't agree at all with it and the way he has conducted himself after wards makes him look very bad.
          Last edited by grindhouse; Tue Aug 24, 2010, 12:46 AM.

Comment

Of course I'm going to disagree. Do you think that because there is a mob I must join along with them no matter how non-sensical their opinions are? lol

I am just as much a Raptor fan as you are and he's gone so where is the point in dissecting his comments? There is none. You should be dissecting Mr. Colangelo's comments. Who has 'railroaded " the franchise more than BC?? His visions and roster turnover has more to do with anything, but let em guess, he was only doing it for Bosh's sake??? lol

I never gave Bosh anything, I just agreed that the NBA is a business and loyalty can indeed mess you up. Were there any lies and railroading in those statements?

You can still love the game without being saddled to 1 team all your career. I love the Raps regardless of who plays on the team, but I'm not going to villify everyone who leaves the team. Thats the nature of sports and business.
            From a rational (and personal) point of view I totally agree: who cares, turn that page and forget about it (I'll tell you more, it might not be such a tragedy for the Raps having lost CB, we'll see in a couple of years...). I - as many others - was kind of annoyed about this late habit of attacking Bosh and his last deeds...
            But from a typical fan's psychological point of view, perception totally changes. Bosh is seen as a traitor, the team is primarily seen as a family, not a business enterprise, games and championships as heroic achievements or ignoble defeats, everything related is soaked in emotions, symbols. In this framework, many fans feel the need to (metaphorically) burn the puppet, wash the infamy with blood, tear the betrayer to pieces. This is for them the point in dissecting his comments.
            This catharsis, this working-through of a bereavement, is perceived as essential to some fans, just like some of us have the unconquerable urgency to expatiate all the time about stats, or contracts.
            To each his own, and peace for all (except Bosh, of course).
            ka mate, ka ora, whiti te rā!!, hī!

Comment

lusset blither wrote: View Post
              From a rational (and personal) point of view I totally agree: who cares, turn that page and forget about it (I'll tell you more, it might not be such a tragedy for the Raps having lost CB, we'll see in a couple of years...). I - as many others - was kind of annoyed about this late habit of attacking Bosh and his last deeds...
              But from a typical fan's psychological point of view, perception totally changes. Bosh is seen as a traitor, the team is primarily seen as a family, not a business enterprise, games and championships as heroic achievements or ignoble defeats, everything related is soaked in emotions, symbols. In this framework, many fans feel the need to (metaphorically) burn the puppet, wash the infamy with blood, tear the betrayer to pieces. This is for them the point in dissecting his comments.
              This catharsis, this working-through of a bereavement, is perceived as essential to some fans, just like some of us have the unconquerable urgency to expatiate all the time about stats, or contracts.
              To each his own, and peace for all (except Bosh, of course).
              whoa that was deep mah man! nice first post! welcome to RR!

Comment

Thanks man! I've been around a while, but never in the forum section.
                ka mate, ka ora, whiti te rā!!, hī!

Comment

There's a saying that "...money makes you more of who you already are". And I suppose that fame let's more people know about it. So I guess we are now seeing the suppressed inner workings of the mind of CB4 exposed to the world and frankly, having caught a few glimpses over the last few months, I'm glad that he's gone. You could never build a franchise around a guy who thinks like that.

Funny how the one free agent who did show loyalty to his franchise (D-Wade), was able to sway the other two non-committal guys. Interesting how that works, eh?

Comment

You would think that a guy who sees the NBA as "just business" would realize that it is bad business to appear as a selfish mercenary. Most business people know when they make decisions that will increase their bottom line but hurt their public perception that they should either shut up about until it blows over or spin it to make themselves seem compassionate in some way. They should not brag about how heartless they are.
                    That's not going to get you huge endorsement money, big guy.
                    LBJ: "We are witnesses"
                    DW: "Knocked down 7 times, get up 8"
                    CB4: "It's just business"

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                      There's a saying that "...money makes you more of who you already are". And I suppose that fame let's more people know about it. So I guess we are now seeing the suppressed inner workings of the mind of CB4 exposed to the world and frankly, having caught a few glimpses over the last few months, I'm glad that he's gone. You could never build a franchise around a guy who thinks like that.

Funny how the one free agent who did show loyalty to his franchise (D-Wade), was able to sway the other two non-committal guys. Interesting how that works, eh?
                      Miami was the only team that ahd the actual cap space to do it. You should really thank Colangelo who set up the 'perfect storm' to allow it to happen.

Comment

Miami was the only team that ahd the actual cap space to do it. You should really thank Colangelo who set up the 'perfect storm' to allow it to happen.
                        I am not convinced that BC did not let Bosh walk and then turn it into a S&T.

In my opinion the Heat have vastly overpaid for Bosh who I think will physically break down before the final season of his current contract.

Bosh never led the Raptors to anything of note and his body is deteriorating.

I would never have offered Bosh more than three season at $42 million with only $30 of it guaranteed along with a team option for the 4th season and player option for the fifth. The other $12 would have been based upon games played each season. 76 minimum numbers of games in each of those seasons would have gotten him $4 million more for each of the three seasons that he could do that.
                        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Im really starting to think that BC did something to you that traumatized you far worse than getting locked in the closet with Adam Lambert. You seem to tie every misfortune/failing/injury/disloyalty of every raptor player to Colangelo and make it as if all these was his fault.

Are you his bastard son?
                          Did he have an affair with your mother? your father?
                          Did he rape any of your sisters?
                          Did he take your virginity?

Sorry man im just trying to make fun here but seriously, why do you hate BC that much?

Comment

The NBA is a business first and foremost, loyalty is nothing more than a marketing scheme, those who disagree so be it.

That being said CB did re sign once before w/ TO he's just smart enough to get away from BC's bull chit Raptor vision when he had the chance to.

Btw- Bosh will not break down in Miami as he won't be forced to guard, bang with NBA centers nor be required to play the heavy minutes he did in TO- Haslem is his certified veteran PF back up. Matter of fact being the third option in Miami will rejuvenate his health & career in my mind.

Comment

Actually Chicago had more cap space than Miami and the best supporting cast if '"winning'" was truly the priority. Not only that, the Bulls had more assets to dangle in S&T scenarios, if necessary. The fact that Florida is a tax-free state might have been the real deal clincher, given that all 3 had to take less salary. So I guess they'll make up for that in net income after taxes.

EDIT: And BC didn't set up any perfect storm. Reilly had another deal for Brad Miller and John Salmons on the table for Shawn Marion, in case the JO deal didn't go through. Miami would have acquired the cap space regardless of BC.
                              Last edited by golden; Tue Aug 24, 2010, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                                I am not convinced that BC did not let Bosh walk and then turn it into a S&T.

In my opinion the Heat have vastly overpaid for Bosh who I think will physically break down before the final season of his current contract.

Bosh never led the Raptors to anything of note and his body is deteriorating.

I would never have offered Bosh more than three season at $42 million with only $30 of it guaranteed along with a team option for the 4th season and player option for the fifth. The other $12 would have been based upon games played each season. 76 minimum numbers of games in each of those seasons would have gotten him $4 million more for each of the three seasons that he could do that.
                                Absolutely agree that B.C. did not really want that douchebag back. No way here I blame everything on B.C. like some here. B.C. did everything in his power to keep bringing players here to help RuPaul, build around RuPaul, make RuPaul happy and it got us sqwat, and the dick left anyway.
                                Meantime I can only assume that anyone here who agrees with RuPaul that it is just business and there is no loyalty in business, has never worked in the REAL business world.
                                I can recite the principles of Leadership to show everyone RuPaul is not a leader but we already know that, and sorry but Buddahfan hit it on the head; In business Loyalty is HUGE and many of us take less compensation becasue we are loyal to a company that has shown us we are more than an employee. The Raptors organization did that over and over with RuPaul, but the fact is he has no loyalty and thinks it is unimportant and why?? Because he has no intillect, and he has never had any. His street smarts, business smarts and reciprocity are about as strong as his basketball IQ....NONE!!!
                                Good riddance the douche is gone and thank God he has shown his true colours so early in his move to dispell forever all real fights about whether he is a leader or a douche.
                                He will break down over the next few years being the douche for the other two and will never be worth what Miami gave him. He is worth every boo this city has for him, after breaking promises, dissing the city, talking about loyalty like it was trash, and showing how much he worships $1. He has definitely passed Carter as King Douche !

Comment

Working...
                                X