View Poll Results: How Good Of A Player Will Davis Be in 5 Years?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Okay but not as good as Beasley

3 8.11%
  • A double double guy but no all-star

25 67.57%
  • Will put up Bosh like numbers and become an all-star

10 27.03%
  • Will be NBA MVP and have a Finals ring

2 5.41%
  • Will be considered the greatest Raptors player ever

3 8.11%
  • Will lead Team USA in bringing home the gold in 2012

3 8.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How Good Will Ed Davis Be In 5 Years?

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How Good Will Ed Davis Be In 5 Years?

This might be an interesting debate if anyone is around to debate it.

You can select more than one choice in the poll
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Wed Aug 25th, 2010 at 09:06 AM.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Post Thanks / Like

I think he will score less than Bosh, but get more blocks and rebounds (and possibly steals as well). I think he WILL become an All-Star one day, possibly depending on the depth at PF in the East.

I can see him averaging 20 PPG 12 RPG 2.5 BPG in his prime.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Ed is going to be a phenom! He's going to be one of the best interior defenders in the league. I'm not gonna lie, I never really watched Big Ed play prior to Vegas, but I was really surprised at how good his offensive game is. He's got the same potential of any of the pf's from the draft, but is more motivated then most as he believes he should of gone higher in the draft. The attitudes of him, Derozan, Weems, Dorsey, even Alabi are exactly what makes championship caliber mentalities. I see him being a top 3 pf in five years, as well a huge contributor to making deep runs in the playoffs.

Post Thanks / Like

I think he could be a double double guy but certainly he'll be nightmare in the paint on defense.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I think he is going to be a nice addition. Those hoping for 20 points will most likely be disappointed as I think he is more of a Dale Davis, Otis Thorpe, Birdman kind of guy. Maybe a bit more upside offensively but I doubt he becomes a number 2 option on offense. More of a garbage man on the glass who runs the floor but a starter quality garbage man. I also see people asking for 3 blocks per game which I think is also a bit much. I hate predicting stats but what the who....In 5 years I see him like this 15 PPG/9 RPG/1.9 BPG/53 FG%. I'll take it.

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar