How Good Will Ed Davis Be In 5 Years?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Good Will Ed Davis Be In 5 Years?

This might be an interesting debate if anyone is around to debate it.

You can select more than one choice in the poll
    Okay but not as good as Beasley
    6.52%
    A double double guy but no all-star
    54.35%
    Will put up Bosh like numbers and become an all-star
    21.74%
    Will be NBA MVP and have a Finals ring
    4.35%
    Will be considered the greatest Raptors player ever
    6.52%
    Will lead Team USA in bringing home the gold in 2012
    6.52%
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Wed Aug 25, 2010, 09:06 AM.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

I think he will score less than Bosh, but get more blocks and rebounds (and possibly steals as well). I think he WILL become an All-Star one day, possibly depending on the depth at PF in the East.

I can see him averaging 20 PPG 12 RPG 2.5 BPG in his prime.

Comment

Ed is going to be a phenom! He's going to be one of the best interior defenders in the league. I'm not gonna lie, I never really watched Big Ed play prior to Vegas, but I was really surprised at how good his offensive game is. He's got the same potential of any of the pf's from the draft, but is more motivated then most as he believes he should of gone higher in the draft. The attitudes of him, Derozan, Weems, Dorsey, even Alabi are exactly what makes championship caliber mentalities. I see him being a top 3 pf in five years, as well a huge contributor to making deep runs in the playoffs.

Comment

I think he could be a double double guy but certainly he'll be nightmare in the paint on defense.

Comment

I think he is going to be a nice addition. Those hoping for 20 points will most likely be disappointed as I think he is more of a Dale Davis, Otis Thorpe, Birdman kind of guy. Maybe a bit more upside offensively but I doubt he becomes a number 2 option on offense. More of a garbage man on the glass who runs the floor but a starter quality garbage man. I also see people asking for 3 blocks per game which I think is also a bit much. I hate predicting stats but what the who....In 5 years I see him like this 15 PPG/9 RPG/1.9 BPG/53 FG%. I'll take it.

Comment

havent seen him play, we'll see after one NBA year under his belt.

Comment

RapsRapsRaps wrote: View Post
              I think he is going to be a nice addition. Those hoping for 20 points will most likely be disappointed as I think he is more of a Dale Davis, Otis Thorpe, Birdman kind of guy. Maybe a bit more upside offensively but I doubt he becomes a number 2 option on offense. More of a garbage man on the glass who runs the floor but a starter quality garbage man. I also see people asking for 3 blocks per game which I think is also a bit much. I hate predicting stats but what the who....In 5 years I see him like this 15 PPG/9 RPG/1.9 BPG/53 FG%. I'll take it.
              So are you are saying that Davis will take away "Amir's title as the "Raptors Best Garbage Man"
              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                So are you are saying that Davis will take away "Amir's title as the "Raptors Best Garbage Man"
                No, he's too good to be a garbage man. I think that title will be handed to either Anderson or Dorsey.

Comment

if davis can bulk up considerably i can see him being an allstar
                  ya dun noe

Comment

I think its premature at this point to speculate what kind of a player he will be given that he has yet to play a game in the NBA.

Comment

He's probably not going to be BUILT like Antonio (is anyone?), but I think Davis (oh, I just realized they have the same last name!) can definitely reach the 15pts/10reb/3blk region. Maybe give or take a couple pts/reb...

The one thing I stood out in summer league (which I think IS transferable) is that he just seemed to come out of nowhere for off the ball blocks.

He's a keeper!

Comment

Very good 'high level' role player type. Like 10-15 PPG, 10 RPG and (hopefully) 2 BPG.

That's my guess

Comment

i put the third because it was closest to better than bosh.

cause bosh sucks!!!
                          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

As of now I see him being a (or at least close to) double-double guy scoring less than Bosh, but having more blocks. As for an all-star, it's too soon to say, but if we manage to get a great PG in the next few years, he develops his offensive game, and bulks up, then yeah maybe. Seems to work for Horford.

Comment

Its crazy how many people underestimate his offence! He's allot like Jermaine Oneal, only with a higher touch, and more polished offensive game then JO had when he came in the league (out of high school.) I can see him matching JO's carreer high of 24 ppg.

Comment

Working...
                              X