No announcement yet.

How Good Will Ed Davis Be In 5 Years?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jermaine had his issues with injuries, but before that he was an MVP calibre player. I think it's definitely a stretch (based on what we saw in summer league) to think that he could ever get to where Jermaine got. Jermaine is also a legit 7 footer. I think Davis' absolute best case would be JO, both in terms of offense and defense, though I personally think he'll only get close on the defensive end.

Comment

In 5 years: 18-20 ppg, 10-12 rpg, 2-3 bpg and 75% chance all-star for Mr. Davis.

Comment

ok we cant even predict how good he will be in year 1, so who can really predict with any confidence how good he will be 5 years from now ?

there are teams with full scouting reports that cant even predict with accuracy how a player will turn out. how many top 14 picks have been busts ?

no one is gona say yea im predicting ed davis will be selling t-shirts under a bridge in new jersey 5 years from now...

Comment

5 years? Obviously I'd hope for much better, but I currently see a respectable 13/8/1/2b/1s
          Joshua Priemski
          NBA blogger
          SB Nation's Rufus on Fire
          www.RufusOnFire.com/
          www.twitter.com/HoopPlusTheHarm/

Comment

I didn't make a choice because my feeling is he'll be a double-double guy and borderline All-Star, but certainly won't put up the numbers Bosh did and be a perennial All-Star. I just don't think his offense will be good enough to score like Bosh did, but he'll make much more of an impact on the defense end than Bosh. I'd love to be pleasantly surprised about his offense, but at this point, I see him more like a Horace Grant-type player than a Chris Bosh-type player. Maybe with a little Larry Nance thrown in.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I did not vote. It is too early to judge but there is no question he already has great defensive talent. If he turns out like Antonio Davis we should all be pleased. More than anything I hope he turns out to be the leader of this team, something we need most and have not had for some time now.

Comment

Ed is a tough, hard working man. I hope he comes in and establishes that and holds his teammates accountable. I remember how Noah acted in his first season with the Bulls. It ruffled some feathers but those hens needed it.

Comment

Best Case Scenario - David West.

Worst Case Scenario - Calvin Booth.

Very possible scenario - Joel Pryzbilla (Cross racial comparisons FTW)

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post

Those are weird scenerios. Ed Davis is NOTHING like David West. West is an offensively skilled big man who isn't a great defender. Davis is a guy who hangs his hat on defense and is raw offensively. Both Booth and Pryzbilla are both centers and Davis is probably more skilled offensively right now than that are after years in the league.
                    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post

Best Case Scenario - LaMarcus Aldridge

Worst Case Scenario - Calvin Booth seems alright.

Very possible scenario - Emeka Okafor

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                        Those are weird scenerios. Ed Davis is NOTHING like David West. West is an offensively skilled big man who isn't a great defender. Davis is a guy who hangs his hat on defense and is raw offensively. Both Booth and Pryzbilla are both centers and Davis is probably more skilled offensively right now than that are after years in the league.
                        Booth was the worse case scenario. A guy who is serviceable in the NBA because of his size/defense but just can't seem to score. I didn't claim it was likely - in fact, I said the opposite.

Claiming that Davis is more polished than Pryzbilla is also questionable when he averaged 13 ppg at UNC last year in a season when the ACC was short on quality bigs and didn't exactly light the mesh on fire in Vegas. Pryzbilla is obviously a non factor on the offensive side but there's a chance that Davis' career follows a similar path... I know it's easy to get lost in the hype since we're all Raptors homers at heart, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

I will admit that I had more of the offensive side of things in mind when I brought up West's name. I was envisioning Davis mastering the elbow J and mixing it in with some low post prowess similar to how West does. But you're absolutely right, ED will arguably be a better defender than West as soon as he gets his bearings in the NBA./

Comment

I see the Booth comparison, but like you said, Pryzbilla is a complete non factor on the offensive end. Even at this point in his career, Davis is better offensively than Pryzbilla.
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Found this by Scout.com.

It is their class of 2008 ranking 1 - 100

1 Brandon Jennings
                            2 Samardo Samuels
                            3 B.J. Mullens
                            4 Jrue Holiday
                            5 Tyreke Evans
                            6 Demar DeRozan
                            7 Scotty Hopson
                            8 Greg Monroe
                            9 Devin Ebanks
                            10 Ed Davis

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75...pid=88&yr=2008

So if both DeMar and Ed's NBA career plays out according Scout's ranking of them when they became freshmen both of them should be pretty darn good.
                            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Working...
                            X