Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dampier Can Be Traded Again On Sep 13th - Should The Raptors Try To Get Him?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JoePanini wrote: View Post
    I was kidding :P Sorry if you didn't get my sarcasm. It doesn't really come through on words :P HAHA. I just put the first tall PG I could think of, with the shortest. HAHA
    Fair enough
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
      Fair enough
      On another note, if Sun Yue actually had skills he would be the most epic PG of all time. 6'9 is crazy for a point guard. Paul Millsap is 6'8. He would be a mismatch with every player.

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
        On another note, if Sun Yue actually had skills he would be the most epic PG of all time. 6'9 is crazy for a point guard. Paul Millsap is 6'8. He would be a mismatch with every player.
        What about Penny Hardaway? 6'8", wasn't he? Plus he had Lil' Penny. I don't there was a Lil' Sun...

Comment

Beaverboi wrote: View Post
          What about Penny Hardaway? 6'8", wasn't he? Plus he had Lil' Penny. I don't there was a Lil' Sun...
          The best tall at pg...Magic Johnson...6'9" @ 255lbs.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
            The best tall at pg...Magic Johnson...6'9" @ 255lbs.
            Yeah, but then my post would have no point. I was supposed to be super sarcastic. Y'know, comparing a player who has played maybe 100 minutes in the NBA with an NBA legend. If you compare two legends it's no more fun HAHA

Comment

What is the point of acquiring Dampier? Simply to waive him because the guy is a no talent bum who has played one good year in his entire career and to no one's surprise it was his contract year. The guy is a cancer among cancers and I wouldn't want his money grubbing, season dogging influence getting anywhere near our innocent, for the love of the game ygz.

Didn't we just go over that this team needs Jose, dumping him for nothing only makes the team significantly worse for next year and infinitely more vulnerable. Although if some people already think the season is doomed and are pining for lottery position than yes trade Jose for Damp and then give Damp a two year deal, that should ensure a season of bottom feeding.

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post
                What is the point of acquiring Dampier? Simply to waive him because the guy is a no talent bum who has played one good year in his entire career and to no one's surprise it was his contract year. The guy is a cancer among cancers and I wouldn't want his money grubbing, season dogging influence getting anywhere near our innocent, for the love of the game ygz.

Didn't we just go over that this team needs Jose, dumping him for nothing only makes the team significantly worse for next year and infinitely more vulnerable. Although if some people already think the season is doomed and are pining for lottery position than yes trade Jose for Damp and then give Damp a two year deal, that should ensure a season of bottom feeding.
                One point, cap space. Very precious cap room which is needed when rebuilding. Calderon might be a great asset, but his contract is huge and long. And I think we should draft a PG (hint hint) in the next draft anyways so yeah... I'm not sure how much we save, but I think we can waive his whole contract, so we'd save 13 million.

Comment

dak wrote: View Post
                  @blackjitsu- are you sure you wouldn't want to trade calderon for dampier, jose's contract last longer, we would get a passable center to play defense and rebound and we could draft a young point guard to add to the core of the team after this season
                  In a vacuum I like what Damp brings. He's a real center who can play defense (though thats all he can do) My concern is his age. There's a reason he's no longer with the Mavs. Mavericks tend to be loyal to their better players. If they moved him its probably because he's gotten really old really quickly. Even Charlotte brought in Kwame "just in case" after they got him.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                    I generally agree with the above post.

I think that maybe the Bobcats would be interested in Calderon if the Raptors could convince them to part with Augustine. I doubt that they would trade Livingston at this point.

The problem I have with Augustine is that normally I am not very fond of PGs that are under 6'4" and weigh less than under 205 - 210. Of course there are some exceptions like CP3, Rondo, Rubio etc. However, for the most part I think having a talented big PG is better than having a talented small PG even if the smaller PG is a bit better on the offense side of ball.
                    If we can shed Calderon and pick up Augustine, that would be an awesome move!!! We can waive Dampier and re-sign for a veteran's minimum. If he doesn't want to, he goes bye bye. Augustine is one of the fastest PGs in the league. He was simply not going to thrive under Brown - he would with Triano and the new up-tempo offence they're trying to install.
                    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Working...
                    X