Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dampier Can Be Traded Again On Sep 13th - Should The Raptors Try To Get Him?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dampier Can Be Traded Again On Sep 13th - Should The Raptors Try To Get Him?

Meanwhile, Bobcats general manager Rod Higgins says they’ll try to trade Dampier—and his $13 million non-guaranteed contract—after Sept. 13 when he can be included in multiplayer deals.

“It’s going to take a while,” Higgins said. “Now that we’ve got another center, waiving him for the sake of waiving him doesn’t make a whole lot of sense for us. We’re going to continue to talk to teams to try to improve our roster.”
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...ats-kwamebrown
    Absoslutely, no matter what it takes
    5.88%
    Only if the Raptors can get rid of Calderon to acquire Dampier
    41.18%
    Only if the Raptors don't have to get rid of Calderon to accquire Dampier
    0.00%
    The Raptors already have Anderson who needs Dampier
    17.65%
    His expiring contract is too big to pass up
    0.00%
    On the fence and/or don't give a sheet
    35.29%
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

I don't think we need his services. I would prefer to give the minutes to Amir and Ed for developmental purposes.

Comment

I only want him if we can cut him. If we have to keep a player I'd rather have Jose.

Comment

@blackjitsu- are you sure you wouldn't want to trade calderon for dampier, jose's contract last longer, we would get a passable center to play defense and rebound and we could draft a young point guard to add to the core of the team after this season

Comment

barbosa can also be traded again on sep 14th

Comment

It's not gonna happen, Dampier actually has trade value but not for his play, but for the non-guaranteed contract. Teams trying to shed salary will give Bobcats more than Raps will be willing to offer. We will not part with any of our young players for a salary dump, and if Charlotte wanted Calderon they wouldn't have pulled out of the Chandler deal. So there is nothing really we can offer the Bobcats.

Comment

On the fence and/or don't give a sheet

Comment

jk1m wrote: View Post
                I don't think we need his services. I would prefer to give the minutes to Amir and Ed for developmental purposes.
                Me too. But there's that hint at multiple deals, and BC seems to love them....

Comment

I was hoping "only if it gets rid of Calderon's contract and BC is SURE that no one else will take him" would be an option. If the Raps can shed Jose's contract for nothing, then I'm fine with it.

That is of course, if Jose comes back not 100% healthy, or even more lackluster than his play last year (in which case I'm not sure why the 'cats would take him)

Comment

dzoni71 wrote: View Post
                    It's not gonna happen, Dampier actually has trade value but not for his play, but for the non-guaranteed contract. Teams trying to shed salary will give Bobcats more than Raps will be willing to offer. We will not part with any of our young players for a salary dump, and if Charlotte wanted Calderon they wouldn't have pulled out of the Chandler deal. So there is nothing really we can offer the Bobcats.
                    I generally agree with the above post.

I think that maybe the Bobcats would be interested in Calderon if the Raptors could convince them to part with Augustine. I doubt that they would trade Livingston at this point.

The problem I have with Augustine is that normally I am not very fond of PGs that are under 6'4" and weigh less than under 205 - 210. Of course there are some exceptions like CP3, Rondo, Rubio etc. However, for the most part I think having a talented big PG is better than having a talented small PG even if the smaller PG is a bit better on the offense side of ball.
                    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                      I generally agree with the above post.

I think that maybe the Bobcats would be interested in Calderon if the Raptors could convince them to part with Augustine. I doubt that they would trade Livingston at this point.

The problem I have with Augustine is that normally I am not very fond of PGs that are under 6'4" and weigh less than under 205 - 210. Of course there are some exceptions like CP3, Rondo, Rubio etc. However, for the most part I think having a talented big PG is better than having a talented small PG even if the smaller PG is a bit better on the offense side of ball.
                      So you take Sun Yue over Earl Boykins? OR ALLEN IVERSON :O HAHA :P

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
                        So you take Sun Yue over Earl Boykins? OR ALLEN IVERSON :O HAHA :P
                        Read what I wrote. I said I would take the bigger man only if the smaller one is no more than a little better on offense.

Clearly

1. Either you didn't read what I posted
                        2. You read it but chose to ignore it for whatever reason
                        3. You think that Iverson's offense in his prime was only a bit better than Sun Yue's. (I can't believe that someone with your basketball knowledge would believe that. Simply amazing)

In any case it seems that you got a hole in your screen door.

Comment

They could use a big body in the paint. I say maybe depending on what else is involved.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                            They could use a big body in the paint. I say maybe depending on what else is involved.
                            Kwame Brown is a big body who spends most of his time in or near the paint.

Is he someone you would like to see on the court in a Raptors uniform?

How about a skilled body on defense and secondarily on offense in the paint?)

That works for me.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                              Read what I wrote. I said I would take the bigger man only if the smaller one is no more than a little better on offense.

Clearly

1. Either you didn't read what I posted
                              2. You read it but chose to ignore it for whatever reason
                              3. You think that Iverson's offense in his prime was only a bit better than Sun Yue's. (I can't believe that someone with your basketball knowledge would believe that. Simply amazing)

In any case it seems that you got a hole in your screen door.
                              I was kidding :P Sorry if you didn't get my sarcasm. It doesn't really come through on words :P HAHA. I just put the first tall PG I could think of, with the shortest. HAHA

Comment

Working...
                              X