Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Could Kyrie Irving Be The Answer?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Could Kyrie Irving Be The Answer?

Could Kyrie Irving be the answer that the raptors have been looking for in a young point guard. Kyrie could also fit in with the Young Gunz persona that Bryan Colangelo is looking for. A Point Guard who can Score in a Vast amount of ways, Is Athletic as any player in the league right now,can break ankles like a young Allen Iverson, can distribute the ball as good as anyone in the league or anyone that used to play in the league, and most importantly this Young,Quick and Smart Point Guard can PLAY Defense.But the question is are the raptors Crap enough to get a high lottery pick to ensure we get our savior.
    Last edited by lankanzero; Thu Aug 26th, 2010 at 11:31 AM.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can v

Post Thanks / Like

he'd be great, but there's another couple options in the draft we can go with as well. at this point, i think a great PG is the biggest missing piece to this team.

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote lankanzero wrote: View Post
    Could Kyrie Irving be the answer that the raptors have been looking for in a young point guard. Kyrie could also fit in with the Young Gunz persona that Bryan Colangelo is looking for. A Point Guard who can Score in a Vast amount of ways, Is Athletic as any player in the league right now,can break ankles like a young Allen Iverson, can distribute the ball as good as anyone in the league or anyone that used to play in the league, and most importantly this Young,Quick and Smart Point Guard can PLAY Defense.But the question is are the raptors Crap enough to get a high lottery pick to ensure we get our savior.
    His is all around game better than Selby's?
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    In my opinion Josh Selby has better athleticism but irving has better defense and better passing abilities to go with his ball handling skills. If Kyrie Irving is gone my next choice would be Brandon Knight and then Josh Selby.

List of Draft Picks I like.

1.Kyrie Irving
    2.Brandon Knight
    3.Enes Kanter.
    4.Josh Selby.

Raptors Republic Starter jeff_hostetler's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The 14 lottery teams from last season were:

Jersey, Sac, GS, Was, Phi, Det, LAC, NY, Ind, NO, Mem, TO, Hou.

My guess is that we can add Cle and Cha to that list, but can remove Ind and NY.

Of those 14 teams (adjusted), Phi, Det, TO, Cle and Cha could definitely use a new franchise PG. You can add Jersey, LAC, NO, Mem and Sac as teams who could use a second PG, but who would be smart to look at other positions (if the draft were to happen now).

Honestly, between those 5 teams it's a crapshoot to guess who will end up with a worse/better record, but TO certainly has a shot at ending up with one of Irving, Knight or some of the other potential franchise 1's in the draft.

Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote lankanzero wrote: View Post
    In my opinion Josh Selby has better athleticism but irving has better defense and better passing abilities to go with his ball handling skills. If Kyrie Irving is gone my next choice would be Brandon Knight and then Josh Selby.

List of Draft Picks I like.

1.Kyrie Irving
    2.Brandon Knight
    3.Enes Kanter.
    4.Josh Selby.
    irving is listed at 6-1 and they have selby at 6-4, i would go with the 6-4 guard every time. even if selby can't play D at 6'4 with athleticism he can learn.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    Is Selby even going to be cleared to play ball at KU this year?

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Cory Joseph anyone?...from TO...might well be considered a top tier pg selection.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote grindhouse wrote: View Post
    irving is listed at 6-1 and they have selby at 6-4, i would go with the 6-4 guard every time. even if selby can't play D at 6'4 with athleticism he can learn.
    The difference between the two players beyond height is pg skills. There will be very few players in the draft next year (depending if Irving comes out or not) with Irving's pg abilities, Selby included.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    Cory Joseph anyone?...from TO...might well be considered a top tier pg selection.
    +1

Cory from the videos ive seen at least seems to be more of a pure shooter

Post Thanks / Like

1. Kyrie Irving
    2. Brandon Knight
    3. Perry Jones - That's if we don't get the #1 pick. What do you think of him as our SF?
    4. Enes Kanter - Will need to see him play in the NCAA.
    5. Josh Selby

Raptors Republic Rookie CalibreMC's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

let's talk draft when it matters.......april/may, and until then find another hobby trolls. I suppose you all have nuthing better to do. I suggest finding a real LIVE person to conversre with...hahaha....just kidding. But seriously we are so far removed from that notion, that it is just comical.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    he'd be great, but there's another couple options in the draft we can go with as well. at this point, i think a great PG is the biggest missing piece to this team.
    +1. That is why if the Raps get a Top 7 pick, any pick outside of the PG position will be a grave mistake. I will also be okay with Brandon Knight as a consolation prize if by some unfortunate circumstances, we lose Kyrie Irving(that is, why the TPE and expiring contracts will help to ensure we get Kyrie.).

Raptors Republic Rookie Mr.Grinch's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JoePanini wrote: View Post
    Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can v
    lol

Post Thanks / Like

IF the Raps want to bounce back to respectibility ASAP - they pick a playmaking PG (who can mask other player's offensive deficiencies)

IF they want to take the long road and build a eventual Title Contender - they try their luck and pick a Dominant Wing player.

Simplified - I know, but you get the point. The best PG's in the league are continually shut down in the playoffs when the Ref's allow more contact. Seriously - The last great playmaking PG to make it to the NBA finals (Rondo is a possible exception here) is John Stockton. Considering our luck with making it out of the first round in the Post-Carter era - I'd lean toward option #2.
    When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Raptors Republic Rookie ShinobiOne's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I disagree with this. I will take a smaller PG with proven D over a bigger development project anyday. I think we've tried to "develop" a few Raptors defensive skills in the past with poor results.

Why hate on the small PG anyways. I do recall a few good ones in the last 20 years: (Isaiah, Rondo, Nash, Chris Paul, Parker, Stockton...) I could go on and on but you get the point. Most of those guys played some pretty decent D if I do recall correctly

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Its not like Kyrie Irving lacks athleticism he is athletic as anyone Point Guard in that draft, not as athletic as Josh Selby but still brings that spring to his step. Even before his Year at Duke he is already be compared to greats such as Steve Nash/Isiah Thomas and Chris Paul because of the traits these greats shared with Kyrie Irving

Post Thanks / Like

how vout focusing on this season before we jump to next offseason.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Post Thanks / Like

I think I'll have a beard by the time the next draft comes along... :P

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information