No announcement yet.

Could Kyrie Irving Be The Answer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IF the Raps want to bounce back to respectibility ASAP - they pick a playmaking PG (who can mask other player's offensive deficiencies)

IF they want to take the long road and build a eventual Title Contender - they try their luck and pick a Dominant Wing player.

Simplified - I know, but you get the point. The best PG's in the league are continually shut down in the playoffs when the Ref's allow more contact. Seriously - The last great playmaking PG to make it to the NBA finals (Rondo is a possible exception here) is John Stockton. Considering our luck with making it out of the first round in the Post-Carter era - I'd lean toward option #2.
    When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
      irving is listed at 6-1 and they have selby at 6-4, i would go with the 6-4 guard every time. even if selby can't play D at 6'4 with athleticism he can learn.
      I disagree with this. I will take a smaller PG with proven D over a bigger development project anyday. I think we've tried to "develop" a few Raptors defensive skills in the past with poor results.

Why hate on the small PG anyways. I do recall a few good ones in the last 20 years: (Isaiah, Rondo, Nash, Chris Paul, Parker, Stockton...) I could go on and on but you get the point. Most of those guys played some pretty decent D if I do recall correctly

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
        irving is listed at 6-1 and they have selby at 6-4, i would go with the 6-4 guard every time. even if selby can't play D at 6'4 with athleticism he can learn.
        Its not like Kyrie Irving lacks athleticism he is athletic as anyone Point Guard in that draft, not as athletic as Josh Selby but still brings that spring to his step. Even before his Year at Duke he is already be compared to greats such as Steve Nash/Isiah Thomas and Chris Paul because of the traits these greats shared with Kyrie Irving

Comment

how vout focusing on this season before we jump to next offseason.
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

I think I'll have a beard by the time the next draft comes along... :P

Comment

I think everyone can agree that the upcoming season will be a developmental one for the Raps so naturally people will be looking down the road...Its called planning for the future. Unless a miracle happens, best case scenario would be squeaking into the last playoff spot (not likely) or getting a good spot in the draft.

Comment

lankanzero wrote: View Post
                Could Kyrie Irving be the answer that the raptors have been looking for in a young point guard. Kyrie could also fit in with the Young Gunz persona that Bryan Colangelo is looking for. A Point Guard who can Score in a Vast amount of ways, Is Athletic as any player in the league right now,can break ankles like a young Allen Iverson, can distribute the ball as good as anyone in the league or anyone that used to play in the league, and most importantly this Young,Quick and Smart Point Guard can PLAY Defense.But the question is are the raptors Crap enough to get a high lottery pick to ensure we get our savior.
                So he's more athletic than Lebron and a better distributor than Steve Nash, Jason Kidd, John Stockton AND Magic Johnson?

Pretty high praise for a high school kid.

I can appreciate some good hyperbole as much as the next guy but please relax.

Comment

1. Kyrie Irving
                  2. Perry Jones
                  3. Trade for a legit starting pg

Comment

I would LOVE Kyrie Irving on this team. His skillset is like that of Chris Paul's. With Derozan and Davis, Irving would be the perfect guy to move with going forward. We need a top tier floor general.

Comment

Working...
                    X