Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

J.R. Smith Chokes Player (Could He Be One Step Closer To The Raptors?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J.R. Smith Chokes Player (Could He Be One Step Closer To The Raptors?)

I mean, to me this is a no-brainer. You've got an assistant coach with a history of being choked, you've got a player who obviously likes to choke people, I mean, could the circumstances be any more perfect to bring the two together? Kidding aside, I love J.R.'s game, and if this incident makes Denver more desperate to deal him, and thus means the Raps won't have to give up as much, then keep choking away, J.R.!

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...uring_workout/

JR is a very talented mental case.

I would not put him around sonny DeMar Amir and Julian.

Melo hates him enough to tell Denver "HIM or ME"
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

This might be the worst idea i've ever come across. What is there to love about the streakiest shooter i've ever seen who has a terrible attitude to match?

Comment

charlz wrote: View Post
        JR is a very talented mental case.

I would not put him around sonny DeMar Amir and Julian.

Melo hates him enough to tell Denver "HIM or ME"
        Afraid this might be too late...he already is good friends with DD & Weems. He is a Sprewell waiting to happen but talented as heck obviously.

Comment

Nick wrote: View Post
          This might be the worst idea i've ever come across. What is there to love about the streakiest shooter i've ever seen who has a terrible attitude to match?
          What is there to love? Extremely athletic and quick, can produce points in a hurry (remember, we don't have the offence we used to), more than capable defender...Yes, granted, bit of an attitude, but what the hell, I say roll the dice on this guy. He'll keep things interesting, that's for sure. Long-term solution? Hell no. But nice stop-gap solution until we're ready to compete. And enough with all these posters who keep expressing fears that anyone who's not an officially certified choirboy will turn our Young Gunz into flesh-eating serial murderers. Geez. Give our players (and coaches) a little credit!

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
            Afraid this might be too late...he already is good friends with DD & Weems. He is a Sprewell waiting to happen but talented as heck obviously.
            Actually, if the reports are to be trusted, he beat the Christmas rush, as it were: he already IS Spreewell! Now, if we could just get him to turn down a multi-million offer citing his need to put food on the table, then the comparison will be complete!

Comment

LeeZ wrote: View Post
              What is there to love? Extremely athletic and quick, can produce points in a hurry (remember, we don't have the offence we used to), more than capable defender...Yes, granted, bit of an attitude, but what the hell, I say roll the dice on this guy. He'll keep things interesting, that's for sure. Long-term solution? Hell no. But nice stop-gap solution until we're ready to compete. And enough with all these posters who keep expressing fears that anyone who's not an officially certified choirboy will turn our Young Gunz into flesh-eating serial murderers. Geez. Give our players (and coaches) a little credit!
              I agree with you about his scoring abilities and athleticism for sure. I REALLY DON'T want to taint the youth, on the contrary maybe he could step into more of a leader role on the Raps, inject a little attitude into a team that has needed it for years. Personally he seems like a ticking time bomb who would go off when he doesn't get his way, but if he turned out to be a player like Stephen Jackson in Charlotte, I would be game no doubt. I'm probably not giving enough credit to the young gunz either, for not being able to keep themselves in check. I'm with you.

Comment

I mean, to me this is a no-brainer. You've got an assistant coach with a history of being choked, you've got a player who obviously likes to choke people, I mean, could the circumstances be any more perfect to bring the two together? Kidding aside, I love J.R.'s game, and if this incident makes Denver more desperate to deal him, and thus means the Raps won't have to give up as much, then keep choking away, J.R.!

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...uring_workout/
                I don't think that Carlesimo would be too happy to be a coach on another team with a player who had strangled someone?

No way the Raptors trade for Smith.

Besides this Raptors team lead by the YGZ® won' be chokers
                Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                  I don't think that Carlesimo would be too happy to be a coach on another team with a player who had strangled someone?

No way the Raptors trade for Smith.

Besides this Raptors team lead by the YGZ® won' be chokers
                  Really, Buddahfan? Going for the easy laugh via the "chokers" pun? I had you pegged as a more sophisticated comedian. A Fawlty Towers as opposed to a Porky's, if you will. But no. Sigh.

Comment

Really, Buddahfan? Going for the easy laugh via the "chokers" pun? I had you pegged as a more sophisticated comedian. A Fawlty Towers as opposed to a Porky's, if you will. But no. Sigh.
                    I have never taken my ability to make other people laugh seriously. You shouldn't either.

Actually the first half of my post was serious and most likely a very good reason "Swish" will not be a Raptors player come 10-11 in addition to the fact that the Raptors are not about to trade or sit DeRozan or Barbosa so that they could play the choker. So there is no logical reason to think that the Raptors might even consider getting him.
                    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

I agree with Buddahfan. He will just eat up the minutes of Demar, Sonny and Leandro. I don't think we need a quick fix, more along the lines of a developmental long term goal.

Comment

Every team is allowed one head case. No more than one though.
                        Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
                          Every team is allowed one head case. No more than one though.
                          The Raptors had two last season: Turk and Bosh. So last season they used up their quota for 10-11 and the banks are not making any loans or giving advances in 10-11?

Comment

Don't compare JR Smith to Turk and Bosh. He's an elite level head case. Turk is a decent head case and Bosh is not a head case. He was a very good player on a bad team and a prima donna, but not a massive prima donna. His tweeting is all business and self promotion.

I would not hate JR Smith on the raps because he fills the need for a shooter and he should take minutes away from Sonny Weems. He is a much better player than Weems will ever be - he is a ridiculous talent. There should be minutes for both of them. Triano is not the coach for JR Smith, though.

Comment

buddahfan wrote: View Post
                              the raptors had two last season: Turk and bosh. So last season they used up their quota for 10-11 and the banks are not making any loans or giving advances in 10-11?:d:d
                              rotd!

Comment

Working...
                              X