Bargs Ranked 18th Best Centre In The NBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scott Carefoot wrote: View Post
    D-Rose is ranked correctly by Dwyer as the fifth-best PG in the NBA, after Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Rajon Rondo and Steve Nash. Rose is horrible defensively while Rondo is the best defensive PG in the league. It's obvious that some fans (including Bargnani fans) only take scoring ability into account when they rank players.
    Rose is ranked 5th best pg in the league, yet his fans overrate him? You make no sense get outta here. If you don't realize that Bargs was close to being an all-star then your a chump. Do some research if you have to, and get a clue.

Comment

Buddahfan what a fool you prove yourself to be over and over. " Of course they're right on Bargnani but not on all three or four of your boys especially the one who has never played more than 17 minutes per game but is the best all around player on the team right!"

Comment

I see nothing wrong with it since you resorted to a lower level by calling Bargs a punk ass, and all the other shit you spew. Are you even from Toronto? Are you a fan of this team or puresly a shit disturber?

Comment

Nick wrote: View Post
          Rose is ranked 5th best pg in the league, yet his fans overrate him? You make no sense get outta here. If you don't realize that Bargs was close to being an all-star then your a chump. Do some research if you have to, and get a clue.
          I've debated with Bulls fans who believe he's a future MVP candidate. It's certainly possible that could happen, but he's not a Top 20 player now and that's a long way away from MVP. As for Bargnani almost being an All-Star, you wishing it to be the case does not make it so, insults aside. Bargnani could certainly get voted in by his rabid fans, but Allen Iverson was voted an All-Star by the fans last season so that doesn't prove anything. Get back to me when he makes one of the three All-NBA Teams at the end of a season.

Comment

vinnie_paz wrote: View Post
            do you see anything wrong with this post ?

Comment

yea im sure playing with the italian national team who use more zone than any other euro team is really gona help bargs learn to play man to man defense.

did you enjoy that ass-whippin he got from the Montenegrins ? hahahaah

he got dunked on and smacked around more than i've ever seen a player get. pecovic actually slapped the ball out of barg's hands and bargs stood there like the little punk that he is cuz he couldnt do nothin to stop it.

The Italian team plays no more or less zone than any other team in Europe but regardless they still play man to man a significant amount of the time. Did you enjoy the rematch where he scored 34pts?

Comment

Is it just me, or is this board getting more like RealGM is supposedly like? There seems to be less and less intelligent conversation and more and more insults as people inexplicably get offended by someone criticizing a player they like. I don't know if it's because it's summer and school is out, but this seems to be the level of conversation lately....

"[player x] sucks!"

"[player x] is an all-star! Your [sic] an idiot!'

And then if someone actually tries to bring facts and stats into a discussion to back up their argument, they're simply insulted personally.

I fail to see the point of these types of conversations.

And by the way, I don't completely agree with the rankings (Amare as the 3rd best PF?), but they aren't way off. Bargnani is an above average scorer, but simply doesn't do anything else well enough to be ranked very high. In a league that values big men who rebound and play defense more than score, Bargnani simply isn't going to compare with guys who do the little things to help a team win. I'm not sure whether his backers simply don't realize how important it is for a big man to rebound and defend, or don't care, but I see Bargnani as a similar player to Monta Ellis. Sure, Bargnani COULD score 25 ppg, just as Ellis did, but the question is, would you want him to? Neither player scores efficiently and neither player does really anything else noteworthy. Unfortunately for Bargnani, he plays a position where you pretty much HAVE TO do something else well. You can have a SG or SF who just score (which is why the article clearly states that he's really a SF- too bad he can't play that position). You can't have a big man who only scores, but is below average at nearly everything else. Especially if that big man does most of his damage from outside of the paint.

Most of the arguments in favour of Bargnani being a top center come in the form of simply claiming he will be. He's certainly not better than Dwight Howard, Al Horford, Andrew Bogut, Chris Kaman, Yao Ming, Brook Lopez, Joakim Noah, Nene and Marc Gasol, all much better rebounders and defenders than Bargnani and guys who could legitmately be All-Stars this coming seaon. If healthy, both Andrew Bynum and Greg Oden are certainly better than Bargnani. That's eleven centers right there. And that doesn't include quasi centers like Amare, David Lee and Al Jefferson who sometimes play center but most likely will play mostly PF this season. And then you've got Okur, Kendrick Perkins, Okafor, Brendan Haywood and Marcus Camby, all which you could certainly make a very good argument that they are better than Bargnani. Sure, none of them have the offensive game that Bargnani does, but Bargnani is't even close to the rebounders or defenders that they are.

If you want to say that Bargnani is one of the top 5 SCORING centers in the league, you've got a very strong argument. He could end up being THE highest scoring center in the NBA next season, in fact. He's not, however, a top ten center overall. He's simply not good enough in other areas of his game.
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Pizzaman wrote: View Post
                  I see nothing wrong with it since you resorted to a lower level by calling Bargs a punk ass, and all the other shit you spew. Are you even from Toronto? Are you a fan of this team or puresly a shit disturber?
                  I called him a punk not a punk ass - those are two totally different things.
                  so besides not knowing anything about basketball ur illiterate too.

Comment

you didn't answer my question about whether you even like the team or are from here. As far as illiterate sorry but wo's a better typer on a blog does not make someone more literate. In your head You are allowed to spew all kinds of bs and insults about people but when someone else does it it's not right somehow. I wish you could get a chance to see Bargs in person somewhere ad call him a punk but you're probably not allowed to stay up after the game.
                    It's like you use these posts to continually harp about the Bargs you hate, and how useless he is but you make assinine comments all the time and also show you watch the games through different glasses than most people here.

Comment

I agree with the guy above talking about the personal insults being dubm and a waste of time. Back it up with stats and such.

Although the people that resort to that generally don't have stats to back it up.

What was the on off stats for Bargnani this year? Offense Defense? I read somewhere basically he was a -4, with -6 on D +2 on O?. A negative performer like that and he is a top 5 center over all? He is a decent man on man defender of bigs, but an awful and unaware help defender. I am not sure how people can;t see that watching the game, and the stats back it up. He is a decent shooter/scorer, but do people really not think his efficiency (which had been going up, I believe, check his %'s though.) Since he is not the best at dribbling, keeps his head down, and is generally not a good passser off the dribble at all. (decent passer when he can see the play though. )

That does not even touch on his rebounding %'s which have been abysmal every year for a center or power forward.

Comment

Pizzaman wrote: View Post
                        you didn't answer my question about whether you even like the team or are from here. As far as illiterate sorry but wo's a better typer on a blog does not make someone more literate. In your head You are allowed to spew all kinds of bs and insults about people but when someone else does it it's not right somehow. I wish you could get a chance to see Bargs in person somewhere ad call him a punk but you're probably not allowed to stay up after the game.
                        It's like you use these posts to continually harp about the Bargs you hate, and how useless he is but you make assinine comments all the time and also show you watch the games through different glasses than most people here.
                        i love the team... i hate the GM... i hope they go 0-82 and get blown out by 50 everynite !!

just so BC gets fired and someone who didnt get thier job b/c daddy was the owner... gets hired... a john hammond type... (john hammond was assistant to joey D in Deetroit before taking the bucks GM job)

you know someone who doesnt trade delfino and ukic for sonny weems and amir johnson and then when amir puts up 6 pts and 5 rbds and sonny puts up 8 pts in 3 rbds... starts calling these guys amazing and the "young gunz" and if somehow it was all part of some master plan to acquire these guys...

a sleazy used car salesman technique...

dont have press conferences and sell everything like everything is so rozy... oooh demar and sonny get along off the court... oh wow BC you are the man for pulling that off...

dont draft a guy from europe who doesnt speak english and then tell him oh by the way while you're learning the new language and US style of ball, hey why dont we play you at a different position too ?? that might really work !! hoooray !!

those are the problems i have with BC... to tell you the truth, i am big fan of bargs, but i think you and some other people here make BS excuses for him. i hope bargs is an all-star one day...

but to do that, BC needs to get a veteran C (or PF) to show Andrea the ropes...kind of like what j.o. did... and if you are true fan of bargs like i am, you would know that bargs said J.O. really helped him develop and that was why barg's breakthrough year was the year j.o was here...

if bc really cared about Demar and Amir, he would sign some veterans but no he goes out and signs david anderson and linus kleiza

Comment

why does BC sign kleiza and david anderson ?

because with them the team might be able to stay with respectable 35-47 record and he wont look so bad to the average fan...

Comment

i love the team... i hate the GM... i hope they go 0-82 and get blown out by 50 everynite !!

just so BC gets fired and someone who didnt get thier job b/c daddy was the owner... gets hired... a john hammond type... (john hammond was assistant to joey D in Deetroit before taking the bucks GM job)

you know someone who doesnt trade delfino and ukic for sonny weems and amir johnson and then when amir puts up 6 pts and 5 rbds and sonny puts up 8 pts in 3 rbds... starts calling these guys amazing and the "young gunz" and if somehow it was all part of some master plan to acquire these guys...

a sleazy used car salesman technique...

dont have press conferences and sell everything like everything is so rozy... oooh demar and sonny get along off the court... oh wow BC you are the man for pulling that off...

dont draft a guy from europe who doesnt speak english and then tell him oh by the way while you're learning the new language and US style of ball, hey why dont we play you at a different position too ?? that might really work !! hoooray !!

those are the problems i have with BC... to tell you the truth, i am big fan of bargs, but i think you and some other people here make BS excuses for him. i hope bargs is an all-star one day...

but to do that, BC needs to get a veteran C (or PF) to show Andrea the ropes...kind of like what j.o. did... and if you are true fan of bargs like i am, you would know that bargs said J.O. really helped him develop and that was why barg's breakthrough year was the year j.o was here...

if bc really cared about Demar and Amir, he would sign some veterans but no he goes out and signs david anderson and linus kleiza

You're so pathetic! Yes I love reading how BC got his job because of his dad, and how it had absolutely nothing to do with ability. He's only won executive of the year three times, including once as the Raptors GM. Maybe his biggest flaw was believing the Bosh hype machine, and continually surrounding him with star players, only to see our so called leader fold like a cheap tent when it mattered. Fact is we got Bargnani at half the price, and he offers slightly more on D and just as much offensively.

Comment

johnp wrote: View Post
                              You're so pathetic! Yes I love reading how BC got his job because of his dad, and how it had absolutely nothing to do with ability. He's only won executive of the year three times, including once as the Raptors GM. Maybe his biggest flaw was believing the Bosh hype machine, and continually surrounding him with star players, only to see our so called leader fold like a cheap tent when it mattered. Fact is we got Bargnani at half the price, and he offers slightly more on D and just as much offensively.
                              3 times ?

surrounded bosh with stars ?

bosh is shit.. we agree on that... but that doesnt mean BC isnt.

why cant you defend BC without bringing up bosh ?

bargs offers slightly more D ?/ i guess to you rebounding has nothing to do with defense... to many others like myself rebounding is very important when measuring defense..

johnp... you have the most opinionated posts out of anyone on here.... and its hard to have a logical debate when the other person only uses their opinion... you never provide any facts...

ex.. bosh folded up like a cheap tent... ok what about those 5 games after bosh got hit in the face ? did we see bargs or anyone play hard ? no that's right.. so dont waste my time with just opinions...

Comment

johnp wrote: View Post
                                Fact is we got Bargnani at half the price, and he offers slightly more on D and just as much offensively.
                                is that really a fact ?

do you know what a fact is ?

Comment

Working...
                                X