No announcement yet.

Bargs Ranked 18th Best Centre In The NBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyway you look at it Bargnani isn't a top 10 PF nor C in the NBA going on year 5 of his career.

Comment

johnp wrote: View Post
      Vinnie I guess you missed the rematch today in which he dropped 34 points on Montenegro and lead his team to victory. I hope you enjoyed that, I know I did.
      did you know drew gooden had a game last season in the NBA where he had 26 pts and 20 rebounds ?

Comment

its interesting how on one hand there was a thread blasting barg for his terrible defense then this article comes up and the consensus is "why is he ranked so low". not judging by the way just a observation, I personally like how we bash our own players but will not let anyone else say anything bad about them .

My opinion is yes he defense is not the greatest but he is easier to hide then bosh was. if alabi can some how will himself to be ready this year bargs may not be 18th on this list come next year.

Comment

whoever wrote that is a retard. For the shooting guards, he put Dwayne wade as number 1 and put Kobe as number 2. This man must work for David Kahn or he is just a straight up idiot !!

Comment

lavito wrote: View Post
            whoever wrote that is a retard. For the shooting guards, he put Dwayne wade as number 1 and put Kobe as number 2. This man must work for David Kahn or he is just a straight up idiot !!
            if you read it properly he said for fantasy basketball.

wade actually puts up way better numbers than kobe.

Comment

I'm sorry Vinnie, but making fun of Italy going out is not funny. I'm sorry but would you like it if I shoved it in your face that the US didn't make it (which will never happen). Even when you want to point out what you think, you gotta do it with class and integrity. So please fuck off. You're just like all those losers on Yahoo! during the World Cup in June. Thrashing all other teams until they lost.

Comment

Yeah, but what about Bargnani's place in a ranking of players who are the most effective even if they do not play in their position?

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
                  I'm sorry Vinnie, but making fun of Italy going out is not funny. I'm sorry but would you like it if I shoved it in your face that the US didn't make it (which will never happen). Even when you want to point out what you think, you gotta do it with class and integrity. So please fuck off. You're just like all those losers on Yahoo! during the World Cup in June. Thrashing all other teams until they lost.
                  bro why don't you go change your tampon and learn how to read ? where did I make fun of the Italian national team ?

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
                    Even when you want to point out what you think, you gotta do it with class and integrity. So please fuck off.
                    do you see anything wrong with this post ?

Comment

WHAT? I mean come on, Bargnani was almost picked to be in the Allstar game last year and many agreed if Lee wasn't chosen, then Bargs sure would be. But now he is 18th? Come on. He is at least top 10 if not top 5. Seriously
                      Raptors fan for life....sadly.

Comment

bargnani has to prove himself now
                        ya dun noe

Comment

Cool down guys.

I was surprised to see Bargnani crack the top 20. I think you have to realize this is an annual ranking, and very likely with Bargs as our best player this year, he's going to show up a lot higher next year, if anything because he'll get a lot more touches. Right now, based on last year and being one of the worst rebounding/defending centers in the league, and his inconsistent offense you can't blame them for putting him at 18. Were some guys put above him wrong? Maybe, but there's always going to be some head turners in these types of lists.

Similarly, the comments on Weems and DeRozan. We may perceive them to be of higher value (if I'm not mistaken neither cracked the top 30 at their respective positions?) because we've seen the potential, but that's all it is -- potential. This is guard-rich league, you can't honestly think what Weems and Demar accomplished last year was enough for them to crack one of these types of lists?

BDL has no reason to factor "potential" into this list. Someone pointed out John Wall as 14th with no minutes played. Honestly I think it's a fair assessment. Next year at this time when they put out the list again, Wall will easily crack the top 10, if not top 5. Similarly, you may see a guy like Irving show up in the top 20 next year.
                          your pal,
                          ebrian

Comment

Arenick wrote: View Post
                            WHAT? I mean come on, Bargnani was almost picked to be in the Allstar game last year and many agreed if Lee wasn't chosen, then Bargs sure would be. But now he is 18th? Come on. He is at least top 10 if not top 5. Seriously
                            Do you have proof that Bargnani almost made the All-Star Game? And I can assure you that the only people who will think Bargnani is ranked too low in this list are certain Raptors fans. That should tell you something. I would be hard-pressed to name another NBA player who is more overrated by his own fanbase. Derrick Rose comes to mind as a close second.

Comment

Scott Carefoot wrote: View Post
                              Do you have proof that Bargnani almost made the All-Star Game? And I can assure you that the only people who will think Bargnani is ranked too low in this list are certain Raptors fans. That should tell you something. I would be hard-pressed to name another NBA player who is more overrated by his own fanbase. Derrick Rose comes to mind as a close second.
                              Wow your way off.... Derrick Rose is the best pg in the East. To say his fan base overrates him is retarded. He's good, and when you have a good player you embrace him.

Comment

Nick wrote: View Post
                                Wow your way off.... Derrick Rose is the best pg in the East. To say his fan base overrates him is retarded. He's good, and when you have a good player you embrace him.
                                D-Rose is ranked correctly by Dwyer as the fifth-best PG in the NBA, after Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Rajon Rondo and Steve Nash. Rose is horrible defensively while Rondo is the best defensive PG in the league. It's obvious that some fans (including Bargnani fans) only take scoring ability into account when they rank players.

Comment

Working...
                                X