Australia (78) vs Germany (43)
    Boxscore
    Anderson = 8 pts (3/10), 8 boards, 2 blocks
    Today/Tonight he looked awful and I mean awful

His shooting was terrible
    He ran the offense terrible
    His ball handling was sloppy
    He looked like he was moving at about 3/4 as fast as he used to

Now I will grant he has logged a lot of minutes the last few days a lot more than he will log for the Raptors
    So if his legs were weary which they could have been by the second half then that will affect his jump shooting and speed.

However it should have no affect on him looking terrible trying to play at point guard.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
      Today/Tonight he looked awful and I mean awful

His shooting was terrible
      He ran the offense terrible
      His ball handling was sloppy
      He looked like he was moving at about 3/4 as fast as he used to

Now I will grant he has logged a lot of minutes the last few days a lot more than he will log for the Raptors
      So if his legs were weary which they could have been by the second half then that will affect his jump shooting and speed.

However it should have no affect on him looking terrible trying to play at point guard.
      Didn't see the game, but his shooting percentage was bad and isn't everybody in the same position, in terms of playing a lot of games? Hope it was just a bad game, and I don't see him running point for Raptors.

Comment

BC Boy wrote: View Post
        Didn't see the game, but his shooting percentage was bad and isn't everybody in the same position, in terms of playing a lot of games? Hope it was just a bad game, and I don't see him running point for Raptors.
        He was 3 - 13 on three balls. The two teams combined were 16 - 45 on threes. So the rest of the guys were 13 - 32 which is just over 40%.

The problem was not that his shots were so much long or short, but a number of them were not on line but off to the side. When your jump shots especially the open ones and/or free throws are off line it usually means that there is a mechanics problem with your shooting.

His minute totals are

36 yesterday
        ----
        84 Total in 3 calendar days.

That is a heck of a lot of minutes to log in three days.

http://turkey2010.fiba.com/pages/esp.../schedule.html

If he was physically tired it could also have messed up his mechanics. It could also be the reason that he took more three ball shots yesterday rather than getting into the paint like it appears he did a lot more of the first two games.

http://turkey2010.fiba.com/pages/esp...0/profile.html
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
          He ran the point for while and was absolutely terrible. All he did was dribble the ball up the court and pass it to a teammate standing 25 feet from the basket.
          my thoughts exactly. I hope that Triano took note, barbosa cannot play point for more than a couple of minutes and only in particular situations/matchups. He definately lack the skills, vision and mentality to ran the point.
          He reminded me of Marco in similar situations, dribbling the ball too much and then rushing a shot or a pass...well actually he reminded me of almost every pure 2 trying to play 1

Comment

sixtyeight wrote: View Post
            my thoughts exactly. I hope that Triano took note, barbosa cannot play point for more than a couple of minutes and only in particular situations/matchups. He definately lack the skills, vision and mentality to ran the point.
            He reminded me of Marco in similar situations, dribbling the ball too much and then rushing a shot or a pass...well actually he reminded me of almost every pure 2 trying to play 1
            +1

Comment

How does Canada take France to the wire but get beat (by what seemed as handily) by the Lebanese? I didnt watch the Lebanon game but saw todays France game.
              Their posessions down the wire were downright awful...turnover after turnover! poor shot selection...missing vital free throws. Canada's hopes for this tourny are done and I hope things turnaround soon for Bball Canada's future. I guess it was a feat that they even qualified!

Comment

Working...
              X