Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Triano/Colangelo Survive The Departure Of Bosh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Triano/Colangelo Survive The Departure Of Bosh?

It seems to me that within two seasons after the departure of a "Max" or close to max cap player from a team that the coach and/or GM are also history

In this case I am going to limit it two one season

Multiple selections allowed and encouraged
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Sun Aug 29, 2010, 09:24 AM.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Let's hope it's 1 season, but for some reason I feel like it will be 2. Maybe even 3 for Colangelo.

Comment

The Raptors should have cleaned house this summer.

Comment

madeupid25 wrote: View Post
        The Raptors should have cleaned house this summer.
        Fair enough. That is your opinion.

However, the question is do think that they will by next year at this time?

Not should they but will they?

Thanks
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
          Fair enough. That is your opinion.

However, the question is do think that they will by next year at this time?

Not should they but will they?

Thanks
          Well that depends on how the season goes. If they win 37 games, possibly they both return for at least another season. If they win 17 games, Triano will probably be gone mid season, and Colangelo's contract may not be renewed.

Comment

I hope both the gm and coach are here a long time! go as far back as you like the teams that win championships have stable organizations. BC has done a great job its the players who have flopped, bosh included. I dont think people are listening when you hear PLAYERS say that there is too much roster movement here in toronto.

Comment

Triano is tied to Colangelo in many ways. If the team fails and Colangelo needs a scapegoat, guess who's up to bat? If Colangelo gets fired or not re-signed after this season, his replacement will probably want to bring in his own coach. Triano's job, in my opinion, is more unstable than Colangelo's. Some may point out that the mere fact that Colangelo is still here now after losing Bosh is proof enough that he's not going anywhere but I disgree with this idea. Who were they going to go out and get to replace him in the middle of July, the middle of free agency? The team would have been ridiculed for it. I am not confident that Colangelo will remain here, I would give it 50/50. Here's why, I have little confidence that they can replacement him with someone better as things stand right now but that doesn't mean they won't act regardless. On the flip side he's going to have suitors regardless of his failures in Toronto. He's still a brand name in the league. If Colangelo leaves next summer I think it will have choices.
              Last edited by Apollo; Sun Aug 29, 2010, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Both will be survive the departure of Bosh for 3 reasons:

First, the Raps will make the playoffs albeit the 8th seed with a first round and out result but still enough to show progression from last season especially doing it without and true number one.

Second, BC drafted DD last year and just completed his best draft to date, all of which will pay dividends this season and show MLSE enough to give him a shot at another 2-3 drafts.

Third, he resigned Bargs last season, resigned Amir (even though he may have overpaid a little it was necessary to keep him in T.O) and dumped the Turkish taffy for a solid player and one time 6th man of the year (when he could of been stuck with much less considering the taffy went public with a trade demand).

Comment

I think they will and they should, or at least BC should. All of Bc off season moves imply a time range of more than one year, and that shows his confidence in keeping the job. On the other hand, that confidence can only be based on signals from top brasses. Otherwise, if BC felt he was on the blocks, he would have been much more oriented towards short term effects.

Comment

You gotta give BC a clean slate to work from and see what happens, thats fair.

Comment

Nick wrote: View Post
                      You gotta give BC a clean slate to work from and see what happens, thats fair.
                      A clean slate? You must love being deceived, misled by Mr. 50 wins (preseaon win projections from BC the last 2 seasons). Parnta, life isn't fair while BC aka Bull Chit has had 4 years to prove his worth. What has he done? He has taken TO from Division Champs to Conference chumps. In year 5 I think TO will start off the season something like 2-12/3-11 given their early season schedule and the acclimation of alot of new faces on the roster which will lead to some more Bull Chit propaganda.

I can't wait for BC to hang his hat on Bargnani this season..........

Comment

SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
                        A clean slate? You must love being deceived, misled by Mr. 50 wins (preseaon win projections from BC the last 2 seasons). Parnta, life isn't fair while BC aka Bull Chit has had 4 years to prove his worth. What has he done? He has taken TO from Division Champs to Conference chumps. In year 5 I think TO will start off the season something like 2-12/3-11 given their early season schedule and the acclimation of alot of new faces on the roster which will lead to some more Bull Chit propaganda.

I can't wait for BC to hang his hat on Bargnani this season..........

So Colangelo felt we were a 50 win team in the past? Look at the roster of those teams going into those seasons, most people thought they would win 50 too!
                        Conference chumps??? We made the playoffs another time and we just missed last year by one win! How does that make us conference chumps? If Bosh didn't check out with thoughts of South Beach after the all star game and Hedouche didn't turn into a lazy whiner who knows what could of happened last season?
                        Bargnani will have his best season to date so that will make BC look pretty damn good and if the Young Gunz can live up to the hype, he'll look even better...

Comment

Does Triano need to get tougher in order to ensure a continued high level of enthusiasm and team work among the players?

Last edited by Buddahfan; Mon Aug 30, 2010, 05:25 PM.

Comment

I think it's tough for an assistant to inherit the head coach's job and find success. Triano seems to get a lot of credit for his coaching work south of the border, but has had only mixed success leading this team. Possibly it would have been tough for any coach to motivate Bosh and Hedo under the circumstances, but responsibility for the disappointing finish to last season can be assigned equally to Colangelo and Triano (as well as the players). In retrospect, Hedo should have probably lost his starting job, and the starter-by-default status awarded to DeRozan was also a mistake.

Laying the blame for last year entirely at the players' feet completely absolves BC and Triano of their responsibilty to guide this team, and juggle the rotation as necessary to achieve the best possible result. Watching that game against Chicago at the end of the year last season was awful, and I hope this group of guys play with more heart every single night than what we saw at times last year.
                            Last edited by madeupid25; Mon Aug 30, 2010, 10:36 PM.

Comment

RaptorRoo wrote: View Post
                              So Colangelo felt we were a 50 win team in the past? Look at the roster of those teams going into those seasons, most people thought they would win 50 too!
                              Conference chumps??? We made the playoffs another time and we just missed last year by one win! How does that make us conference chumps? If Bosh didn't check out with thoughts of South Beach after the all star game and Hedouche didn't turn into a lazy whiner who knows what could of happened last season?
                              Bargnani will have his best season to date so that will make BC look pretty damn good and if the Young Gunz can live up to the hype, he'll look even better...
                              Those rosters were both over hyped by BC.

The infamous slimmed down roster of 2008-09:
                              http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/TOR/2009.html

*Jermaine O'Neal (traded for Marion/Banks)
                              *Chris Bosh
                              *Andrea Bargnani
                              *Anthony Parker
                              *Jose Calderon
                              Joey Graham
                              Hassan Adams
                              Kris Humphries
                              Jason Kapono
                              Jamario Moon
                              Will Solomon
                              Roko Ukic

Nathan Jawai (injured most of season)
                              Jake Voskuhl (signed mid season)
                              Marcus Banks (acquired for JO)
                              Shawn Marion (acquired for JO)
                              Patrick O'Bryant (picked up from Bos on waivers)
                              Pops Mensah-Bonsu (late season signing)

You may have thought that this 2008-09 roster was good not me. An injury recoving JO? Plus Ukic, Adams & Solomon aren't even in the NBA anymore. Sam was fired at 8-9 while Jay went 25-40 the rest of the way. I didn't buy BC's Bull Chit then and don't now.

2009-10 roster:
                              http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/TOR/2010.html

*Andrea Bargnani
                              *Chris Bosh
                              *Hedo Turkoglu
                              *DeMar DeRozan
                              *Jose Calderon
                              Antoine Wright
                              Jarrett Jack
                              Sonny Weems
                              Amir Johnson
                              Rasho Nesterovic
                              Marco Belinelli
                              Reggie Evans
                              Patrick O'Bryant
                              Marcus Banks

Pops Mensah-Bonsu (released early in season)

The 2009-10 roster looked better than 2008-09 but with Jay aka "Mr No Accountability" in charge we see what happened- no defense. Jay got his training camp- excuse too many new faces. *A lot of new faces this year as well.

Btw- who is we? Do you play for TO?lol Toronto made the playoffs twice under Sam Mitchell- a coach who holds players accountable for their play- unlike Jay "I liked the effort" Triano.

How do you know Bosh checked out? You bought that Bull Chit propaganda- not me. Bargnani even said Bosh never checked out(hoopshype interview) last season. If TO didn't give Hedo training camp off and made him get in shape via the pre season who knows what could have happened last season? That one win needed- a late season 20 point blowout loss to the Bulls inwhich Jay said in a post game presser verbatim- I liked the effort- quote of the year.

Conference chumps, check this season's TO predictions & roster, buddy. The East has gotten much stronger over the summer but not TO. TO will not make the playoffs this season- as is, and will be lucky to win 20 games under Jay.

Bargnani will do nothing but shoot and I predict that the Rap's best defensive, rebounding units will be sans Bargnani in the line up. The YG'z will be fun to watch after a summer of hard work but the early season scedule is brutal so progress may not show up in wins. YG'z > Bargnani.

Comment

Working...
                              X