Would Josh Smith Be A Good Fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would Josh Smith Be A Good Fit?

Like the thread title said would Josh Smith be a good fit for the Raptors, maybe a package including Baragani and a few other pieces. What do you think
    Yes
    53.33%
    Maybe
    13.33%
    No
    33.33%

I think a "HELL YES" would be a more appropriate instead of "yes" on the above poll.

Also, as much as I would love to see Josh Smith suit up in a Raptors uniform, I see no reason why the Hawks would ever complete such a trade.

Comment

Yes, because JSmith actually plays defense- something that leaves Jay stuck on stupid with his purely offensive mentality.

Don't know if ATL is trying to move him since Horford is moving to PF position according to Hawk related media reports but they have quality depth at both of their forward spots. BC needs to make some real moves not the sideways trades that leave TO no better off than before said trade and/or acquisition.

Comment

another j-smith thread lol how many of these have we had :S, no way ATL will move smith to toronto and no way he wants to come to a losing team, but i dont think hed be that good of a fit for us that id be willing to sacrifice any assets

Comment

then theres no one that can create his own shot and we wont have a center. Plus bargs hasnt even got a chance to prove his worth and j smove would hate to be on the raps.
          http://websitedweeb.userboard.net-Introduce your website. No signup required!

Comment

on the contrary, Smith might welcome playing with the raptors.
            We have a really young core that suits his run and gun play, and most players are the same age as him
            he knows that when he comes here, most likely he will be the man, maybe even considered as a franchise player
            ive never heard smith being vocal about his desire to win a championship immediately, so maybe he is looking for a team where he'll be able to pad his stats (like a previous so-called franchise player we had) and then set himself up for a big contract extension which we will be able to afford since we'll only have the young guns on contract by then.
            if smith was really concerned in winning, he wouldve asked for a trade by now considering the past 3 disappointing season the hawks have had, and now with the max signing of joe johnson, he should realize that he will never ever be the man in atlanta.

Comment

Hell no! Egomaniac.

Comment

Ed davis mentor

i just noticed that Josh Smith would be the perfect Mentor to Ed Davis. In regards to they are both left handed shot-blockers who are capable of running like a guard and show athleticsm tht suprises alot of teams

Comment

I remember when I posted on a Pistons forum.

Every summer ever since Smith came into the league the Pistons fans there would create at least one Josh Smith thread debating the merits of the Pistons trading for him. Of course nothing ever came of Smith becoming a Pistons player.

So this is like deja vu all over again

Another NBA team, another forum, another should we get Josh Smith debate and another nothing will come of Smith becoming a this time Raptors player.
                  Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                  Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

If we trade for him, we would have to include Bargs and probably parts of the YGZ. And if we do that, we won't have a center.

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
                      If we trade for him, we would have to include Bargs and probably parts of the YGZ. And if we do that, we won't have a center.
                      The Hawks are not going to trade Smith especially with his arch nemesis Woodson no longer the Hawks coach.
                      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

I wanted josh smith a long time ago hes the perfect fit for the raps rebounding athletic wing who can defend yes please
                        ya dun noe

Comment

on another note I herd crawford wants a trade BC make a move
                          ya dun noe

Comment

Hassan wrote: View Post
                            on another note I herd crawford wants a trade BC make a move
                            30 and 10. Two reasons we would not want him.

Comment

Working...
                            X