Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This Mean Anything? - Amir Tweets Asking What Fans Think of Anthony Becoming A Raptor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Mean Anything? - Amir Tweets Asking What Fans Think of Anthony Becoming A Raptor

What y'all think about @Carmeloanthony coming Tdot to run with the #younggunz?.... #shithappens! about 1 hour ago via web
    http://twitter.com/IamAmirJohnson

Amir is close with Billups and Afflalo from his days with the Pistons so maybe he knows something or maybe he is just having some late night Twitter fun with his followers

I am getting a sense that something may be in the works here and maybe pretty close

Not as strong as with Bosh going to Miami as those of you who were around a few month ago remember me creating a thread along those lines when everyone thought Bosh was going to Houston.

In any case

1. We know Melo wants out
    2. Indications are that Denver will trade him.
    3. Melo did not mention Toronto as a preferred destination however I am not sure that that means he wouldn't accept a trade to Toronto
    4. This type of tweet is out of character for Amir unless something was very close to happening. Of course, again he could be playing with people here
    5. Amir has some good connections with Denver through Afflalo and Billups so if something is going down and they know it, they could pass it on to him.
    6. If something isn't happening this tweet could be considered tampering? by him.
    7. Melo's game style would fit in famously with Amir, DeRozan and Davis.
    8. The Raptors have that big TPE that they could use
    9. The BC - Masai Ujiri Connection. - ed and added 08/31/10
    10. Raptors fans have to know that BC would just love to get that wing player that Bosh kept saying he wanted while he was with the Raptors in order to stay. Boy what a slap up the side of the face by BC on Bosh would this be if Melo now joined the Raptors after Bosh bolted town.

Again. My sense on this happening is not that strong as my sense was on Bosh winding up in Miami. This is more like maybe 50 - 50 at that best at this point.

This could get exciting

Stay tuned.
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Tue Aug 31, 2010, 12:08 PM.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Bargnani for Carmelo. Done.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Holy Hell

I've been a RR member for a few months now and this is the first thread Ive posted on.

I don't care how far fetched this may be.

I would be the happiest person on the planet if this actually happened.

Peace. Raps for Life

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
        Bargnani for Carmelo. Done.
        The only way I would want it done.lol Barg's has got to go!!!!!

Melo to Toronto- not gonna happen even with Masai as the new Nuggets GM. I can see Masai being a better GM than BC.

Comment

Alabi + TPE for Carmelo. Maybe this is why BC let Ujiri go to the nuggets!

Comment

cornbreadd wrote: View Post
            alabi + tpe for carmelo. Maybe this is why bc let ujiri go to the nuggets!
            hahahaa yes.

Comment

I would like Anthony to come here but Amir , sonny , derozan, Davis and alabi are not for trade

Comment

This has about as much chance of happening as UFO's all of a sudden appearing in the sky, sending down tractor beams that play funk music, picking up all the Earth's garbage with said tractor beams, then disappearing as swiftly as they appeared, leaving contrails in the shape of sticks of dy-no-mite!

I'm not saying it's impossible, but, you know, it's pretty unlikely.

Comment

jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
                  This has about as much chance of happening as UFO's all of a sudden appearing in the sky, sending down tractor beams that play funk music, picking up all the Earth's garbage with said tractor beams, then disappearing as swiftly as they appeared, leaving contrails in the shape of sticks of dy-no-mite!

I'm not saying it's impossible, but, you know, it's pretty unlikely.
                  1. Lets see your Bosh to Miami comments before it happened.
                  2. Right now I give it about 40% - 60% pending any further information
                  Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                  Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Okay so we land Melo. With little chance of re-signing with the us, we lose yet another star. I'd rather go for a player who has a long term commitment. If we get rid of either Calderon or Bargnani, I would be more open to a player with one year on his contract like Melo.

Comment

Maybe...in the works!!!

Toronto Acquires:

C.Billups
                      Carmelo Anthony
                      Nene Hillario

Denver Acquires:
                      Andrea Bargnani
                      Jose Calderon
                      Reggie Evans
                      Marcus Banks
                      Solomon Alabi
                      and Chris Bosh's Trade Exception
                      "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                      My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                        Toronto Acquires:

C.Billups
                        Carmelo Anthony
                        Nene Hillario

Denver Acquires:
                        Andrea Bargnani
                        Jose Calderon
                        Reggie Evans
                        Marcus Banks
                        Solomon Alabi
                        and Chris Bosh's Trade Exception
                        Not sure why Denver would want our team for the main parts of theirs? I'm sure they seen us play last year..

Besides, Bosh's TPE cannot be used in conjunction with other players in a deal (if I'm not mistaken). But I guess it would just be 2 separate deals.

Comment

No Way. If you want this to happen your not a Raptors fan. Melo would come to Toronto and leave after one season, all while hindering the development of the younger players. Aren't we trying to change the culture with a more defensive attitude as we go forward? Melo would be a terrible fit in Toronto.

Comment

And I think you're all just reading too far into this.

The way I read it is he's just posing a hypothetical.. hence the "#shithappens" at the end of his tweet.

Comment

Nick wrote: View Post
                              No Way. If you want this to happen your not a Raptors fan. Melo would come to Toronto and leave after one season, all while hindering the development of the younger players. Aren't we trying to change the culture with a more defensive attitude as we go forward? Melo would be a terrible fit in Toronto.
                              It would be a sign and trade.

Comment

Working...
                              X