Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lithuania Comes From Behind To Beat Spain - More To Follow

Kleiza

17 - 8. Led all Lithuania players in points. Tied for the lead in rebounds.

Last edited by Buddahfan; Tue Aug 31, 2010, 04:51 PM.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

From what I saw on ESPN, he had 17 points and 8 boards - both game highs for Lithuania.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
      From what I saw on ESPN, he had 17 points and 8 boards - both game highs for Lithuania.
      Tied for game high for Lithuania in rebounds with 8

http://turkey2010.fiba.com//pages/es...4728/game.html
      Last edited by Buddahfan; Tue Aug 31, 2010, 04:51 PM.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

mean while Turkoglu is avg 9.5 pt, 5 rebound and 4 assists while shooting less then 30% FG and avg 31 minutes per game.

I am waiting for him to blame Team Turkey for something.....

Comment

Through three games he is averaging 21 - 9

http://turkey2010.fiba.com/pages/esp...5/profile.html

Comment

Spain drops to 1-2 with loss to Lithuania

IZMIR, Turkey (AP) - Lithuania rallied from an 18-point second-half deficit to beat Spain 76-73 Tuesday in a game between the two Group D favorites at the basketball world championship.

Lithuania used a 23-5 run to tie the score at 66 with 5:25 left in the game. Linas Kleiza scored four points in the last 35 seconds to clinch the win.

After Kleiza made two free throws with four seconds left, Raul Lopez scrambled down the court to try to give Spain a last look from behind the arc, but Martynus Pocius deflected his pass out of bounds as time expired.

Kleiza finished with 17 points, while Pocius and Jonas Maciulis added 13 each.

Marc Gasol and Juan Carlos Navarro led Spain with 18 points each.
            http://www.universalsports.com/news/...id=491003.html

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
              mean while Turkoglu is avg 9.5 pt, 5 rebound and 4 assists while shooting less then 30% FG and avg 31 minutes per game.

I am waiting for him to blame Team Turkey for something.....
              +1, dont forget turk forfeiting his turkish citizneship too

Comment

Where's all the idiots who say that's not real basketball because it's not NBA? Where are all the Kleiza bashers that say he's slow and soft cause he's a Euro?
                Where's all the guys who said Weems should start instead of Kleiza?
                Where's all the B.C. bashers on how B.C. screwed up getting this soft guy who will not make us better?
                Where's the B.C. bashers who do not give him credit for signing Turk to continue to try and build for RuPaul, and then dumping him after one year when most thought the bum was untradeable for Barbosa who's way better, and signing Kleiza who is also way better than Turdolou?

Comment

Now thats what could be referred to as an upset...even though Pau is not playing. Well done LK.

Barbosa is playing pretty well too...so there's hope Rap fans!! No injuries pleeease.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                    Now thats what could be referred to as an upset...even though Pau is not playing. Well done LK.

Barbosa is playing pretty well too...so there's hope Rap fans!! No injuries pleeease.
                    This Raptors team will win more games in 10-11 than many expect them to.

Comment

Indeed!

Comment

Very impressed with both Kleiza and Barbosa! I always loved the signing of Kleiza. I think we are getting good role players on this team. If we can just get a dominant defensive center, I think we could do a lot of damage in our conference (even with Jack & Jose)...Damn MJ for nixing the Chandler+Diaw trade! (even though Diaw looks Oliver Miller right now!)

Comment

My thoughts exactly! I'm actually glad the trade with Charlotte didn't go through. You're right about Diaw looking like the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man. lol. Also, Chandler isn't playing like a true C with very low RPG and high PF. Basically his position has been taken over by Love and Odom. I would prefer to give the minutes to Davis, Johnson and Alabi to develop their game. Can't forget about Andersen who's been playing solidly for Australia.

Comment

ShinobiOne wrote: View Post
                            Very impressed with both Kleiza and Barbosa! I always loved the signing of Kleiza. I think we are getting good role players on this team. If we can just get a dominant defensive center, I think we could do a lot of damage in our conference (even with Jack & Jose)...Damn MJ for nixing the Chandler+Diaw trade! (even though Diaw looks Oliver Miller right now!)
                            We may have dodged a bullet on the Bobcat deal. Diaw looks really unfit and Chandler is playing a small role on the US team though this maybe more about the Euro style than his abilities and we werent getting a pg back in that deal. Keeping Jose for another year (or part of it) as a backup might raise his profile/numbers/play which could make him more marketable at the trade deadline. I am fully prepared to consider this year as a rebuilding/retooling year, get a decent pick, hopefully have our young guys get experience and finally make a descision on Bargnani depending on his showing as a main option.

Comment

Pizzaman wrote: View Post
                              Where's all the idiots who say that's not real basketball because it's not NBA? Where are all the Kleiza bashers that say he's slow and soft cause he's a Euro?
                              Where's all the guys who said Weems should start instead of Kleiza?
                              Where's all the B.C. bashers on how B.C. screwed up getting this soft guy who will not make us better?
                              Where's the B.C. bashers who do not give him credit for signing Turk to continue to try and build for RuPaul, and then dumping him after one year when most thought the bum was untradeable for Barbosa who's way better, and signing Kleiza who is also way better than Turdolou?
                              Take it easy you spazz

Comment

Working...
                              X