Lithuania Comes From Behind To Beat Spain - More To Follow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JoePanini wrote: View Post
    Hope Kleiza can do this for us aswell. His scoring and strength will help, plus he's the only player with true play-off experience (Denver, Olympiakos and National team). But I don't expect too much from him, remember Turk was supposed to be what Kleiza is now, but I am positive he'll be better, or atleast have a better presence on the team.
    Yes those are words I love to read/hear together.

A Raptors player and playoff-experience.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
      Yes those are words I love to read/hear together.

A Raptors player and playoff-experience.
      Hedo Turkoglu.

Comment

vinnie_paz wrote: View Post
        wouldnt these be questions to ask i dont maybe after kleiza consistently plays well for the raps AGAINST REAL NBA PLAYERS ??
        Yes but I believe he will. I have wanted Kleiza for a couple of years now, and wanted him over Turk. I believe he's better than Turk at both ends of the floor and he is a big improvement over what we saw at that position last year from eith Turk or Weems. Let the season begin!

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
          I like your passion, but don't put too much stock in these international tournaments. Remember how Sarunas Jasikevicius was the best point guard at the worlds one summer? And Spanoullis for Greece? And how Rudy Fernandez looked like a stud at the Olympics dunking over D12? Trying to extrapolate these games to the NBA is like comparing apples and bowling balls.

That said, I'd rather have Kleiza playing great than not, if for nothing else but to build his confidence. Although, he doesn't lack confidence, and is a bit cocky, if anything. LK is a very streaky shooter, so please remember to post again after he shoots the Raps out of a few games this season. I agree he is not soft, but he is slow for a SF.
          It's not that I put a ton of stock in these games, but they are still games against real competition with guys playing hard for their countries. There was a ton of talk and hype about how the Young Gunz played in the summer league which is bush league compared to the games Kleiza is playing in. I just wanted to make a point. I'm not saying Kleiza is an all star but the addition of him and Barbosa give us much more skill, scoring and encouragement than what we had last year. I believe the Raps will win more games than most people here think they will. I know he will have his bad games as will Barbosa but there are some good young players under contract here for the next few years and B.C. has options over the next couple to add key pieces to this team.

Comment

Pizzaman wrote: View Post
            Yes but I believe he will. I have wanted Kleiza for a couple of years now, and wanted him over Turk. I believe he's better than Turk at both ends of the floor and he is a big improvement over what we saw at that position last year from eith Turk or Weems. Let the season begin!
            Turk was really good in 08. He might have been shit with us, but he was great in Orlando.

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
              Turk was really good in 08. He might have been shit with us, but he was great in Orlando.
              He played great in Orlando because the team moved the ball around more, he got his touches, he got way more open looks because they move the ball and because Howard demands doubles, and knows how to pass out, where Bosh could not pass and held the ball too long for Turk to get involved. That said Turk is also a lazy fat slow prick who in Orlando got shit nightly from Van Gundy even when he was playing well, and then Triano treats him like a baby. Turk is the kind of player that needs open looks, a team that passes the ball and a coach that busts his balls all the time.

Comment

He played great in Orlando because the team moved the ball around more, he got his touches, he got way more open looks because they move the ball and because Howard demands doubles, and knows how to pass out, where Bosh could not pass and held the ball too long for Turk to get involved.
                Are you kidding? Dwight Howard is far worse at managing and passing out of double teams than Bosh. The guy has never even averaged over two assists in his career, and almost doubles up that number in turnovers.

Hedo played better in Orlando because he played point forward, whereas in Toronto, he was largely a spot up shooter. Do you even watch the games? Every post you make misses the mark by a mile.

Comment

So you must be the resident EXPERT then and you make the MARK?
                  EDIT - Not necessary - Doc

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                    hedo turkoglu.
                    lol
                    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Brasky wrote: View Post
                      Are you kidding? Dwight Howard is far worse at managing and passing out of double teams than Bosh. The guy has never even averaged over two assists in his career, and almost doubles up that number in turnovers.

Hedo played better in Orlando because he played point forward, whereas in Toronto, he was largely a spot up shooter. Do you even watch the games? Every post you make misses the mark by a mile.
                      I would put Howard's ability to pass out out of a double team on the same level as Reggie's ability to pass when he unguarded

Comment

So you must be the resident EXPERT then and you make the MARK?
                        EDIT - Not necessary - Doc
                        Ouch. lol

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                          I would put Howard's ability to pass out out of a double team on the same level as Reggie's ability to pass when he unguarded
                          HAHAHAHAHAHHA

He played great in Orlando because the team moved the ball around more, he got his touches, he got way more open looks because they move the ball and because Howard demands doubles, and knows how to pass out, where Bosh could not pass and held the ball too long for Turk to get involved. That said Turk is also a lazy fat slow prick who in Orlando got shit nightly from Van Gundy even when he was playing well, and then Triano treats him like a baby. Turk is the kind of player that needs open looks, a team that passes the ball and a coach that busts his balls all the time.
                          Um, Turk many times had the ball. He spread the floor and was crucial in Orlando's run to the finals. He was clutch and rebounded quite well. Was even pretty decent passer. Plus, he didn't get "pass-outs" from Howard. He created his own shot many times, as he was usually the clutch shooter. Plus he went on many runs where he's either pump-fake and shoot or post up. He was GREAT. And I mean GREAT in 08. And no one can deny that. If he could reproduce his form in 08 vs Bosh last year. I would take Hedo. But now we all know how things ended up, for both actually. HAHA

Comment

Working...
                          X