A Simple Question To Raptors Fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Simple Question To Raptors Fans

It's been a while since my last comment, but i've been reading almost everything in the site.

There's something that really worries with this forums. You know, it's almost September, when the NBA sleeps but there's a little tournament being play in Turkey call the World Cup and it's the most important behind the Olimpics, where the best countries in the world play.

You always said that having too many international players is one of the worst thing of the roster but, anyways, we have three rotation guy (all new faces this season) playing in the tournament, being starters and vital parts in good teams (Kleiza is the 5th leading scorer and the star of the Lithuanian team that today beat the former champion, Spain).

All of you who complain about international players and put tags on them like, soft or defensively weak, are you watching the games? because it's a good thing to watch the players before talking about them, right?

Beside the three Raptors in the tourament, there're tons of familiar faces to the organitation and basketball superstars and one player we have his draft rights (Giorgios Printezis). And we can watch very good prospects without nba team (Milos Teodosic from Serbia for example)

For my point of view, we're all basketball fans, and this is basketball too. I don't think we're just NBA, show and dunks fans. Okay prefering darren collison or dj augustine over jose calderon is very crazy, but let me think we all like well played basketball.

And when I enter to the Republic to discuss Andersen, Barbosa and Kleiza, who suprise me with his developed scoring arsenal in the first three games, there's nothing in the forum or in the site. Instead the hot topic of the week is Amir's last tweet about Carmelo.

Let's talk basketball guys, and this is one of the most wonderful tournaments in the world, please let's open our minds to new concepts of the game, that could help us to understand basketball too.

That was the only thing I wanted to say. I hope we can talk about this too

Raúl wrote: View Post
    It's been a while since my last comment, but i've been reading almost everything in the site.

There's something that really worries with this forums. You know, it's almost September, when the NBA sleeps but there's a little tournament being play in Turkey call the World Cup and it's the most important behind the Olimpics, where the best countries in the world play.

You always said that having too many international players is one of the worst thing of the roster but, anyways, we have three rotation guy (all new faces this season) playing in the tournament, being starters and vital parts in good teams (Kleiza is the 5th leading scorer and the star of the Lithuanian team that today beat the former champion, Spain).

All of you who complain about international players and put tags on them like, soft or defensively weak, are you watching the games? because it's a good thing to watch the players before talking about them, right?

Beside the three Raptors in the tourament, there're tons of familiar faces to the organitation and basketball superstars and one player we have his draft rights (Giorgios Printezis). And we can watch very good prospects without nba team (Milos Teodosic from Serbia for example)

For my point of view, we're all basketball fans, and this is basketball too. I don't think we're just NBA, show and dunks fans. Okay prefering darren collison or dj augustine over jose calderon is very crazy, but let me think we all like well played basketball.

And when I enter to the Republic to discuss Andersen, Barbosa and Kleiza, who suprise me with his developed scoring arsenal in the first three games, there's nothing in the forum or in the site. Instead the hot topic of the week is Amir's last tweet about Carmelo.

Let's talk basketball guys, and this is one of the most wonderful tournaments in the world, please let's open our minds to new concepts of the game, that could help us to understand basketball too.

Go look again. The site has threads on all of Kleiza's games including his last one against Spain as well as Barbosa's game against the USA.

I would have mentioned Anderson's most recent game but it was only 8 and 8. Not bad for guy that the Raptors are looking for to give some solid minutes behind Bargnani.

Yes there isn't a lot of stuff about the World Basketball tournament, but there is some.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

You always said that having too many international players is one of the worst thing of the roster but...
      Well, I've never said that, and neither have the more knowledgeable and/or less ignorant people on this site.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I have updated daily the Raptor's players' stats in a thread called "World Basketball Championship". I have also asked people to discuss who they felt was most impressive. However, I will agree with you that more talk should be surrounding this tournament, and I assume you will get the "the game is so different, you can't even compare" argument.

Comment

Its the lull of the summer months. Most Raptors fans right now are in hiatus until a week or so before the season begins. Topics are few and far between during these times. But we talk about Amir, DeMar and Andrea so much because we all have opinions on watching these guys first hand last season and for the most part its fresh in our minds still.

Barbosa, Kleiza, Andersen, etc. ..... fear of the unknown to a certain degree is maybe why most aren't talking about them right now. Or at least most Raptors fans aren't.

Patience guys & gals, we'll be whining and complaining in about another 2 months.

Comment

I honestly have no problem with international players, its just some of the euros that we bring are trash (e.g. Hedo), personally I prefer argentinians/brazillians but I can make an exception for a guy like kleiza simply because he is tough, and when you add his performance in the tournament so far its bonus in my opinion.

Comment

I agree with you, Raul. I'm tired of Buddah too.
              Joshua Priemski
              NBA blogger
              SB Nation's Rufus on Fire
              www.RufusOnFire.com/
              www.twitter.com/HoopPlusTheHarm/

Comment

I never said anything about Buddah

Comment

Im sorry wheres the question?

Comment

the question is why people on this site are more interested in the most minor and uninteresting nba rumors and conjectures than they are in actual basketball that is being played right now.

the answer (at least for me) is that I don't really know how to convert what I'm watching into useful discussion. I could come on here and post "I'm glad Kleiza is scoring a lot. I hope he does that for the Raptors." but that's not really a discussion. Not many people can oppose that view (or add to it all that much). BUT, I can come and talk about whether amir is likely to have inside knowledge on a carmelo trade or if a certain trade would be worth it.

Comment

Working...
                    X