Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Whose ROSTER Is Better: Raps vs Kings?

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote mo-sales wrote: View Post
    Tim, you are hating Evans a lil bit. The guy was what one of three player's in NBA history to average 20-5-5 as a rookie? The guy is a stone cold killer and while his defense wasn't exemplary last year, he has my bet to be all NBA defense for years upon years. He can get to the rim whenever he wants and seems to have the Kobe gene where he takes the team on his back and wills it to win. He has a lot of growing up to do and doesn't seem to make player's better as much he lets them play with him and while that needs to be improved, if the league got blown up and started over I would draft him in the top ten to start my franchise.

The Kings are stacked for the future. They have tons of size and athleticism, guys who can play now and guys for the future. I would take thier young core over young every core in the league minus the Thunder. They need a pg who can play off the ball and spread the floor, but that's about it.

I am fairly sold on the raptors young core and feel it is undervalued by the big guns at ESPN, but the Kings are a serious up and comer in the West and if Evans and Cousins can co-exist, it going to be scary.
    No, Im not hating on him. I'm simply pointing out his faults. I really don't like this. It's far too dismissive.

As for Evans, I realize the numbers he had. I'm not saying he's a bad player, but he's not as good as his numbers suggest. And I think he's certainly got a chance to be a good player, but at this point I don't see him being the franchise player some do.

And if Evans had the Kobe gene for putting a team on his back and willing it to win, maybe you could explain why the team only won 25 games?

Again, I see him as a similar type player to Stoudamire. I don't think he was a bad player either, and he did learn how to be a supporting player, something I think Evans needs to learn how to do.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

i'm not the largest fan of evans either, although admittedly my reluctance to jump on his bandwagon has a lot more to do with the allegedly prominent role he may have had in killing a dude than anything he does with a basketball, but don't you think you're jumping to conclusions a little bit Tim W by pronouncing his limited potential and need to embrace becoming a supporting player?

numbers aren't everything, sure, but the plain fact is that his rookie line blows dwyane wade's or brandon roy's straight out of the water, and evans was several years younger.

the dude has exactly one year of college and one year of pro ball under his belt, for pete's sake

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I see some people saying the Kings need a legit point guard. I think they just need a Mike Bibby. Jack 3's, and give the ball to Tyreke.

You guys are right, sort of. Tyreke can be a poison as much as he can be a gift. Not to the extent of Iverson, by any means, but the comparison is there.

When it comes down to it, he's really, really good. His composure on the court is phenomenal. He uses so many veteran moves and, as the cliche goes, "sees the play ahead of time". Rare qualities in a player so young.

But time will tell!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I like TO's roster more (as is) even though Ty Evans is the best player on either roster. Sacramento needs Jose (Jose/REvans for Dalembert anyone?) as their PG spot is really raw behind Udrih- as is. I like their frontcourt depth as Cousins wil be solid next to Dalembert not to mention the lunchbox, hard hat Landry (hopefully Amir will be similar for TO) and the ever improving Thompson (who may have to play some 5 to get on the court this season). Whiteside is a project but has some of the longest arms I have ever seen on a player in 2-3 years could be a very solid rotation player if he keeps improving his game & body. Casspi gets alot of press because he's from Israel(imo) to me he's behind DGreene plus ex Raptor Wright not to mention a healthy Garcia will all fight for a cut into the rotation minutes somewhere at the SG/SF spots- where Evans will eat up alot of the SG minutes. F/a pg Earl Watson would look good in SacTown.

Sacramento roster:

Dalembert/Thompson/Whiteside
    Cousins/Landry/DJackson
    Greene/Casspi/Udoka
    Evans/Wright/Garcia
    Udrih/Jeter/Sloan

Raptor roster:

Bargnani/Dorsey/Andersen/Alabi
    Johnson/Davis/Evans
    DeRozan/Kleiza/Wright
    Weems/Barbosa
    Jack/Calderon/Banks

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote chris wrote: View Post
    i'm not the largest fan of evans either, although admittedly my reluctance to jump on his bandwagon has a lot more to do with the allegedly prominent role he may have had in killing a dude than anything he does with a basketball, but don't you think you're jumping to conclusions a little bit Tim W by pronouncing his limited potential and need to embrace becoming a supporting player?

numbers aren't everything, sure, but the plain fact is that his rookie line blows dwyane wade's or brandon roy's straight out of the water, and evans was several years younger.

the dude has exactly one year of college and one year of pro ball under his belt, for pete's sake
    I'm certainly not writing him off. I haven't watched him play a whole lot of games in Sacramento, but I'm simply giving my opinion regarding the games I saw him play. I completely agree that it's too early to judge him, but what I saw makes me think he's the type of player which I described. I simply don't see a franchise player for a contender, at least at this point. That being said, I think he's better, right now, than any Raptor player.

Thread Information