Old vs. New

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    I think DeRozan's offensive game in a couple of seasons from now will be a lot more complete than many now think it will be.

DeRozan has definitely improved his range since his high school days, even since his one season at USC. Amazingly enough he shot only .167 on threes at USC. That of course is with the arc being a few feet closer in the NCAA than in the NBA.

He then shot .250 on limited opportunities as a rookie in 09-10
    He then shot .400 on only 5 shots in the LVSL. I expect him to average about one three point shot a game in 10-11 and shoot north of .300. How much north of it?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player...playerId=41016
    I see him shooting just around 30% not more... But I think more than his three point shooting, he needs to improve his mid-range game. Next year there are going to be ALOT of free jumpers just inside the three point line because one of our biggest weapons is the kick-out... So, if he can consistently hit his mid range jumpers, Bargnani will rack up assists and DD will get more points WEEEEEE

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
      I see him shooting just around 30% not more... But I think more than his three point shooting, he needs to improve his mid-range game. Next year there are going to be ALOT of free jumpers just inside the three point line because one of our biggest weapons is the kick-out... So, if he can consistently hit his mid range jumpers, Bargnani will rack up assists and DD will get more points WEEEEEE
      I think we will see a different type of offense in 10-11 with a lot more motion in addition to seeing more run outs.

I do agree that he needs to improve his handles. Maybe he should do some of those high school dribbling drills that Amir is doing

Then again maybe he is. Don't know if he is or not. He hasn't posted a video on it or tweeted about it.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
        I don't see it. You can't score only on dunks. But if he works on his shot, then yeah. But I think he'll never have the mid range jumper Vince had. Or all his offensive moves actually. But, I see DD and Kleiza leading the team in free throws next year
        DeRozan's got a very good mid range game right now. That was one of his big strengths at USC. And he's got a knack for getting his shot off, which is something you can't teach. I think he's going to be more of a Dwayne Wade type of scorer rather a Vince type (no, I am not saying he will be a Dwayne Wade type player, I am just comparing how he scores). And he's a gym rat who seems to constantly work on his game, so I'm guessing he'll improve his range and his handles every year.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
          DeRozan's got a very good mid range game right now. That was one of his big strengths at USC. And he's got a knack for getting his shot off, which is something you can't teach. I think he's going to be more of a Dwayne Wade type of scorer rather a Vince type (no, I am not saying he will be a Dwayne Wade type player, I am just comparing how he scores). And he's a gym rat who seems to constantly work on his game, so I'm guessing he'll improve his range and his handles every year.
          Actually I made that same comparison a few days ago, about DWade. Yeah, he could definitely adapt that kind of play (obviously won't ever average 30 5 7 2 1). I don't think his mid range is very good, someone on this forum (not sure who) said Kleiza had no mid range game, when his is ALOT better and reliable than DDs. But I think we are all up for a surprise from the whole Raps team. DD was definitely a great pick, I used to watch him only because of Hackett, who is an Italian who played in USC with DD. And I was really happy we drafted him, but I still don't think he'll get alot passed 15 ppg... I don't know why, gut feeling I guess. But I hope he does

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
            Actually I made that same comparison a few days ago, about DWade. Yeah, he could definitely adapt that kind of play (obviously won't ever average 30 5 7 2 1). I don't think his mid range is very good, someone on this forum (not sure who) said Kleiza had no mid range game, when his is ALOT better and reliable than DDs. But I think we are all up for a surprise from the whole Raps team. DD was definitely a great pick, I used to watch him only because of Hackett, who is an Italian who played in USC with DD. And I was really happy we drafted him, but I still don't think he'll get alot passed 15 ppg... I don't know why, gut feeling I guess. But I hope he does

Comment

Working...
            X