View Poll Results: Is Calderon a top 20 PG?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

17 58.62%
  • No

12 41.38%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Is Jose Calderon A Top 20 PG?

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote chris wrote: View Post
    i got curry ahead of calderon right now. everyone raves about his shooting, with good reason, but he's really an excellent passer and has a pretty insane handle, too. and intelligent, as you said. he will be fantastic.

i will admit though that i'm having trouble in this thread distinguishing between how good a player is now and how good i think he is going to be
    Ya, with the young guys, it's hard to place them since someone like Curry could make a big leap this season. WHile he's a good passer right now, there's a difference between being a good passer and being able to run an offense. That he's still learning.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

If Jack is the Raptor's projected starting pg how can Jose be a top 20 pg? Even the most delusional Raptor fan should be able to make that connection. Plus, Jose leadership skills are null and void ie walking by CB as he lay on the ground after PPierce kneed him in the groin, Jose lost all respect right then from the returning 2010-11 roster players- truss.

Jose aka The Spanish X Ray is too brittle to stand up to the 82 game rigors of the NBA- he has only played in 82 games once in his career, as he has shown especially over the last 2 seasons in which he played in only 68 games each season. Not to mention he's coming into the 2010-11 season battling a FIBA related basketball injury- it's Calderon's hamstring once again- a sign of being out of shape.

I don't know what type of spell BC has casted but Calderon is a back up NBA pg to a back up NBA pg in Jack (ideally Jack would be a quality back up in the NBA).

Post Thanks / Like

calderon used to be a top tier PG. after that long injury his game was never the same. he continues to get worse ...

Raptors Republic Rookie RaptorRoo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
    If Jack is the Raptor's projected starting pg how can Jose be a top 20 pg? Even the most delusional Raptor fan should be able to make that connection. Plus, Jose leadership skills are null and void ie walking by CB as he lay on the ground after PPierce kneed him in the groin, Jose lost all respect right then from the returning 2010-11 roster players- truss.

Jose aka The Spanish X Ray is too brittle to stand up to the 82 game rigors of the NBA- he has only played in 82 games once in his career, as he has shown especially over the last 2 seasons in which he played in only 68 games each season. Not to mention he's coming into the 2010-11 season battling a FIBA related basketball injury- it's Calderon's hamstring once again- a sign of being out of shape.

I don't know what type of spell BC has casted but Calderon is a back up NBA pg to a back up NBA pg in Jack (ideally Jack would be a quality back up in the NBA).

No shit genius! Why do you think BC has been trying to trade his ass all summer???

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorRoo wrote: View Post
    No shit genius! Why do you think BC has been trying to trade his ass all summer???
    Trying and doing are two different realities. Last time I checked Jose was still an overpaid Raptor......recovery from another injury.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information