Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The NBA Won't Allow The Raptors To Market The YGZ®

Raptors Republic Rookie Afro_Daddy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Afro_Daddy wrote: View Post
    Young NWA, stern would LOVE that one
    and i just remembered derozan from compton, it actually works perfect

Dr. Derozan/Dr. Demar
    Easy Weems (unless Ed Davis gets in the crew, than he's obviously Easy E/Easy Ed)
    Amir Cube

yup works for me lol
    Last edited by Afro_Daddy; Sun Sep 5th, 2010 at 10:41 AM. Reason: because i have too much free time on the weekends

Raptors Republic Rookie pistol pete's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

let's first see if there will be something that has some market value

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure what you clowns were thinking, considering
    a) the word GUN is in the name
    b) the name is beyond stupid

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Afro_Daddy wrote: View Post
    and i just remembered derozan from compton, it actually works perfect

Dr. Derozan/Dr. Demar
    Easy Weems (unless Ed Davis gets in the crew, than he's obviously Easy E/Easy Ed)
    Amir Cube

yup works for me lol

easy weems kind of doesn't fit, what about ya ren doesn't work either unless you did Sonny REn maybe, and i think there was one more guy if i'm not mistaken, but, i don't know his name. to the wikimobile

there was two more arabian prince and dj yella

so that leaves three slots open .
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

It takes around 18 months for an uncontested trade mark to be registered in Canada. You can use YGZ as a trademark and apply to register it but unless you have the resources to protect its use it is a waste of time and money.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't wait for the bootleg Young Gunz shirts, hats to hit the streetz- fcuk Stern!!!!!!!!

Young Gunz:

Jarrett "Captain" Jack (official YG'z OG) aka The Man

DeMar "AirComp10" DeRozan aka The Finisher

Amir "Big A" Johnson aka The Enforcer

Sonny "Money" Weems aka The Banker (as in he's money in the bank)

YG in training:

Ed "Bad Luck" Davis (he was the 13th pick in the draft- bad luck #13) aka The Future

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Stern is the one of the best commissioners in the history of pro sport, but this is a silly over-reaction. I guess that means we can no longer refer to Pete Maravich as 'Pistol Pete'. Jeeesh.

Perhaps the Young Gunz will be re-branded as the Super Soakers, i.e., something less threatening and appealing to the kids.

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote golden wrote: View Post
    Stern is the one of the best commissioners in the history of pro sport, but this is a silly over-reaction. I guess that means we can no longer refer to Pete Maravich as 'Pistol Pete'. Jeeesh.

Perhaps the Young Gunz will be re-branded
    as the Super Soakers, i.e., something less threatening and appealing to the kids.
    "The High-Flyers" - Innocuous enough and does properly reflect what they do on a basketball court.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    "The High-Flyers" - Innocuous enough and does properly reflect what they do on a basketball court.
    Sorry, Buddah, but I'm sure that the new, hyper-sensitive, politically correct NBA would be worried that the term "High" to could be interpreted to mean that they are a bunch of pot smokers. lol.

I was thinking, maybe something more neutral like the "Nice Guys", but you see, then that would be offensive to women.

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote golden wrote: View Post
    Sorry, Buddah, but I'm sure that the new, hyper-sensitive, politically correct NBA would be worried that the term "High" to could be interpreted to mean that they are a bunch of pot smokers. lol.

I was thinking, maybe something more neutral like the "Nice Guys", but you see, then that would be offensive to women.
    term "High" to could be interpreted to mean that they are a bunch of pot smokers. lol.
    ------------
    Or it could be interpreted to mean sugar addicts
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

fine so if gun is the problem, then how about:

"youngbloodz"

YBZ is easy as 1,2,3....

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote madeupid25 wrote: View Post
    I don't know if anyone's said this yet, but fuck the Miami Heat. I would really like to be at the ACC for those games (Heat - Raptors). To see these kids give the Heat a run for their money would be very entertaining. Last year, I saw Cleveland play at the ACC in February, and Denver in March. The game against the Cavaliers went into overtime, and the atmosphere was great. The Denver game was also sick, until Melo took it with a buzzer beater (with less than 2 seconds left... fck). Both games were memorable, the crowd was almost capacity, and everyone was loving it... I have to believe that games like that would put Toronto in the top 10 NBA markets. Sometimes I watch Raps / Bucks games (in Milwaukee) on the Score in February (Tuesday / Wednesday nights), and what you see is a half full arena, with 5000 diehards surrounded by a bunch of people (like 3000 more) who got their tickets from Coors. I think basketball in Toronto could have a bright future, with competent management, and players with heart. I think we are half way there, and in a few years if these kids develop, this team could be dangerous .

Post Script... I like some of Colangelo's moves... (Ed Davis, Demar DeRozan, Jack, S. Weems, J. Wright), not so much others (J.O., Hedo, Would have traded Bosh while still under contract, trade Bargs if a worthwhile deal presents itself (( wouldn't you like to know what deals BC has turned down for Bargs in the last 4 years?))

Either way, I have a fairly optimistic attitude about this team. Despite the occasional poor management decision, or embarassing media conference, there is enough talent here to be excited about.

The one other thing I would say... I do not like to be a pessimist (although I totally am)...But if these guys could give us one 15 win season, we could draft a solid top 5 draftee who could mos def steer this franchise in a Washington Wizards like direction. There is a lot of foundation here, and a superstar addition could actually create a wake-up-those-douchebag-Yankees type of team...

Make'em say ughhh!!!!
    This post is a quick summary of everything that has been said in every topic over the summer ...except that it has nothing to do with the topic of the ygz...ha.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hotshot wrote: View Post
    fine so if gun is the problem, then how about:

"youngbloodz"

YBZ is easy as 1,2,3....
    Youngbloodz is too closely related to the bloods street gang in California and across the America.

If not the YG'z, I like- The Bomb Squad- Chuck D, Gary G Wiz, Eric Sadler, Hank & Keith Shockalee, as to pay homage to Public Enemy's legendary producer team that dropped musical speaker bombs on the competition.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information