The NBA Won't Allow The Raptors To Market The YGZ®

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mack North wrote: View Post
    I really can't believe what society has become when a simple name like Young Gunz is too much for people to handle. I was still a kid when I saw the movies with LDP, Keifer Sutherland and Emilio Estevez and we didn't go around imitating their characters, and our Young Gunz are basketball players for crying out loud.

If parents did a better job these days teaching their kids right from wrong this wouldn't even be an issue.

I propose we don't give up the name and keep it gong strong, f the man!

Yeah, I was wondering if it was copyright infringement of that movie that the NBA is worried about... It would have to be that or the gun thing, I can't think of any other reason why this would be an issue.

Comment

Beaverboi wrote: View Post
      Definately time to make a push for Arenas. Calderone and TPE for him. Who better to lead the Young Gunz???
      I trust you're being sarcastic in reference to young gunz and Arenas.
      f not then no Arenas is a bum and exactly what the Raptors do not need.
      As for the Young Gunz that was a srupid marketing ploy from day one. They might want to actually do something first.
      The term Young Gunz can actually be applied to Delonte West all by himself since he carries at least three different loaded weapns when he rides his motorbike. What were the Celtics thinking signing him? I think it's selling your soul when you sgn a bum like West strictly to see if he can help you win. I would rather lose with character guys, than win with bums like West, Arenas, Marbury, Iverson, etc..

Comment

Pizzaman wrote: View Post
        I trust you're being sarcastic in reference to young gunz and Arenas.
        f not then no Arenas is a bum and exactly what the Raptors do not need.
        As for the Young Gunz that was a srupid marketing ploy from day one. They might want to actually do something first.
        The term Young Gunz can actually be applied to Delonte West all by himself since he carries at least three different loaded weapns when he rides his motorbike. What were the Celtics thinking signing him? I think it's selling your soul when you sgn a bum like West strictly to see if he can help you win. I would rather lose with character guys, than win with bums like West, Arenas, Marbury, Iverson, etc..
        They have already done something. They along with Jack were the players mainly responsible for the Raptors improved win total last season. If Lebron hadn't sat out the Chicago game and if Rondo didn't tank against the Bulls both in the last two weeks of hte season then the Raptors would have made the playoffs despite Bosh going down.
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

The Young Gunz aka the most dangerous crew in the NBA!!!!!!!

Banned by Stern!!!!!!!

Comment

Young NWA, stern would LOVE that one
            No Dissrespect...
            With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.. You hear me BC?

Comment

Afro_Daddy wrote: View Post
              Young NWA, stern would LOVE that one
              and i just remembered derozan from compton, it actually works perfect

Dr. Derozan/Dr. Demar
              Easy Weems (unless Ed Davis gets in the crew, than he's obviously Easy E/Easy Ed)
              Amir Cube

yup works for me lol
              Last edited by Afro_Daddy; Sun Sep 5, 2010, 10:41 AM. Reason: because i have too much free time on the weekends
              No Dissrespect...
              With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.. You hear me BC?

Comment

let's first see if there will be something that has some market value

Comment

Not sure what you clowns were thinking, considering
                  a) the word GUN is in the name
                  b) the name is beyond stupid

Comment

Afro_Daddy wrote: View Post
                    and i just remembered derozan from compton, it actually works perfect

Dr. Derozan/Dr. Demar
                    Easy Weems (unless Ed Davis gets in the crew, than he's obviously Easy E/Easy Ed)
                    Amir Cube

yup works for me lol

easy weems kind of doesn't fit, what about ya ren doesn't work either unless you did Sonny REn maybe, and i think there was one more guy if i'm not mistaken, but, i don't know his name. to the wikimobile

there was two more arabian prince and dj yella

so that leaves three slots open .
                    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

It takes around 18 months for an uncontested trade mark to be registered in Canada. You can use YGZ as a trademark and apply to register it but unless you have the resources to protect its use it is a waste of time and money.

Comment

I can't wait for the bootleg Young Gunz shirts, hats to hit the streetz- fcuk Stern!!!!!!!!

Young Gunz:

Jarrett "Captain" Jack (official YG'z OG) aka The Man

DeMar "AirComp10" DeRozan aka The Finisher

Amir "Big A" Johnson aka The Enforcer

Sonny "Money" Weems aka The Banker (as in he's money in the bank)

YG in training:

Ed "Bad Luck" Davis (he was the 13th pick in the draft- bad luck #13) aka The Future

Comment

Stern is the one of the best commissioners in the history of pro sport, but this is a silly over-reaction. I guess that means we can no longer refer to Pete Maravich as 'Pistol Pete'. Jeeesh.

Perhaps the Young Gunz will be re-branded as the Super Soakers, i.e., something less threatening and appealing to the kids.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                            Stern is the one of the best commissioners in the history of pro sport, but this is a silly over-reaction. I guess that means we can no longer refer to Pete Maravich as 'Pistol Pete'. Jeeesh.

Perhaps the Young Gunz will be re-branded
                            as the Super Soakers, i.e., something less threatening and appealing to the kids.
                            "The High-Flyers" - Innocuous enough and does properly reflect what they do on a basketball court.
                            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                              "The High-Flyers" - Innocuous enough and does properly reflect what they do on a basketball court.
                              Sorry, Buddah, but I'm sure that the new, hyper-sensitive, politically correct NBA would be worried that the term "High" to could be interpreted to mean that they are a bunch of pot smokers. lol.

I was thinking, maybe something more neutral like the "Nice Guys", but you see, then that would be offensive to women.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                                Sorry, Buddah, but I'm sure that the new, hyper-sensitive, politically correct NBA would be worried that the term "High" to could be interpreted to mean that they are a bunch of pot smokers. lol.

I was thinking, maybe something more neutral like the "Nice Guys", but you see, then that would be offensive to women.
                                term "High" to could be interpreted to mean that they are a bunch of pot smokers. lol.
                                ------------
                                Or it could be interpreted to mean sugar addicts

Comment

Working...
                                X