The NBA Won't Allow The Raptors To Market The YGZ®

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The NBA Won't Allow The Raptors To Market The YGZ®

The NBA won't allow the Raptors to market DeMar DeRozan, Sonny Weems, and Amir Johnson as "The Young Gunz" next season. Details on Saturday. about 1 hour ago via web
    http://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA

Apollo is jumping for joy right now as he read this
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

There must be a god.

Comment

not surprised, imagine the "the young gunz" in the middle of the huddle putting their gun fingers in the air. Does that remind anyone of someone? /cough arenas /cough

Comment

maybe change it to Young Sunz?

Comment

Market them as the Young G'z... No, we don't need to give the impression that we are supporting gunplay... Lord knows Toronto needs less of that, but the NBA should not stand in the way of an effective marketing campaign which is going to sell seats in this market... I do not have high expectations for this coming season, but if you compare this team to the Blue Jays, a bunch of athletic youngsters can definitely fuck with other Eastern Conferences teams' programs...

Comment

The Young Gunz are too dangerous for the NBA I can see an underground marketing campaign already.

Too late though for Stern as the YG'z movement is too well underway to be stopped.........The YG'z are now certified NBA outlawz- young outlawz that is!!!! Let's ball!!!!!
            Last edited by SirChillyMost; Sat Sep 4, 2010, 01:03 AM.

Comment

hmmm, too bad i suppose, i cant rly blame em for not jumping for joy over young gunz -_-. Well guess MLSE can go to plan B.... which is Bargnani. Or Maybe like the killer B's for bosh and Bargs it can become the Killer BJ.... for Bargs and Johnson, wait that mite not go over well. Young Gunz can maybe become Young Onez or as madeupid25 says Young G'z .

Comment

I don't know if anyone's said this yet, but fuck the Miami Heat. I would really like to be at the ACC for those games (Heat - Raptors). To see these kids give the Heat a run for their money would be very entertaining. Last year, I saw Cleveland play at the ACC in February, and Denver in March. The game against the Cavaliers went into overtime, and the atmosphere was great. The Denver game was also sick, until Melo took it with a buzzer beater (with less than 2 seconds left... fck). Both games were memorable, the crowd was almost capacity, and everyone was loving it... I have to believe that games like that would put Toronto in the top 10 NBA markets. Sometimes I watch Raps / Bucks games (in Milwaukee) on the Score in February (Tuesday / Wednesday nights), and what you see is a half full arena, with 5000 diehards surrounded by a bunch of people (like 3000 more) who got their tickets from Coors. I think basketball in Toronto could have a bright future, with competent management, and players with heart. I think we are half way there, and in a few years if these kids develop, this team could be dangerous .

Post Script... I like some of Colangelo's moves... (Ed Davis, Demar DeRozan, Jack, S. Weems, J. Wright), not so much others (J.O., Hedo, Would have traded Bosh while still under contract, trade Bargs if a worthwhile deal presents itself (( wouldn't you like to know what deals BC has turned down for Bargs in the last 4 years?))

Either way, I have a fairly optimistic attitude about this team. Despite the occasional poor management decision, or embarassing media conference, there is enough talent here to be excited about.

The one other thing I would say... I do not like to be a pessimist (although I totally am)...But if these guys could give us one 15 win season, we could draft a solid top 5 draftee who could mos def steer this franchise in a Washington Wizards like direction. There is a lot of foundation here, and a superstar addition could actually create a wake-up-those-douchebag-Yankees type of team...

Make'em say ughhh!!!!
                Last edited by madeupid25; Sat Sep 4, 2010, 12:48 PM.

Comment

wowwww, this can't be real.. the young gunz are key!!

Comment

Definately time to make a push for Arenas. Calderone and TPE for him. Who better to lead the Young Gunz???

Comment

madeupid25 wrote: View Post
                      Market them as the Young G'z... No, we don't need to give the impression that we are supporting gunplay... Lord knows Toronto needs less of that, but the NBA should not stand in the way of an effective marketing campaign which is going to sell seats in this market... I do not have high expectations for this coming season, but if you compare this team to the Blue Jays, a bunch of athletic youngsters can definitely fuck with other Eastern Conferences teams' programs...
                      If it is the guns thingy that is turning off the league than Arsenalist's trademarked version of YGZ® might pass the smell test.

Of course if Arse really did trademark this the Raptors will have to fork over some green to be able to use it.
                      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Im surprised it went this far already.
                        Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

It turns out according to Alex Kennedy's article that the league refuses the Raptors the right to use the term Young Gunz. He provided no information on whether the league will refuse the Raptors the right to use the term YGZ®

Comment

we should change their name to the yung Dinos
                            ya dun noe

Comment

I really can't believe what society has become when a simple name like Young Gunz is too much for people to handle. I was still a kid when I saw the movies with LDP, Keifer Sutherland and Emilio Estevez and we didn't go around imitating their characters, and our Young Gunz are basketball players for crying out loud.

If parents did a better job these days teaching their kids right from wrong this wouldn't even be an issue.

I propose we don't give up the name and keep it gong strong, f the man!

Comment

Working...
                              X