Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top 3 Scorers On The Raptors Next Season Will Be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 3 Scorers On The Raptors Next Season Will Be?

Obviously Andrea Bargnani will probably be the leading scorer. but whos behind him? im thinking Linas Kleiza and DeMar Derozan. Any thoughts?
    Andrea- 17-19 ppg
    Linas- 14-16 ppg
    DeMar- 12-15 ppg
    http://www.twitter.com/YateeshKevin23

YKR23 wrote: View Post
    Obviously Andrea Bargnani will probably be the leading scorer. but whos behind him? im thinking Linas Kleiza and DeMar Derozan. Any thoughts?
    Andrea- 17-19 ppg
    Linas- 14-16 ppg
    DeMar- 12-15 ppg
    Remind me again on Oct 26th and I'll give you my list
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

If Amir Johnson isn't just feeding the fire, it will be 'Melo, Andrea, and DeMar (no chance Kleiza can overcome him in scoring)

One can only dream, right guys?

Comment

playmak3r5 wrote: View Post
        If Amir Johnson isn't just feeding the fire, it will be 'Melo, Andrea, and DeMar (no chance Kleiza can overcome him in scoring)

One can only dream, right guys?

Last edited by Buddahfan; Sun Sep 5, 2010, 12:06 AM.
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Andrea-Derozan-Amir

Comment

YKR23 wrote: View Post
            Andrea- 17-19 ppg
            Linas- 14-16 ppg
            DeMar- 12-15 ppg
            This would pretty much jibe with my thoughts. I would say those are very good predictions.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

This is my top three:

Bargnani ≈ 21ppg
              DeRozan ≈ 14ppg
              Jack ≈ 13ppg

Overall, I think the scoring will be much more spread out than last year.

Comment

CB4 wrote: View Post
                This is my top three:

Bargnani ≈ 21ppg
                DeRozan ≈ 14ppg
                Jack ≈ 13ppg

Overall, I think the scoring will be much more spread out than last year.
                You don't think Kleiza will average more than 13?

Comment

we cant really unequivocally extrapolate klieza's euro stats to next season and we wont know for sure how/how often he will be utilized. I agree that Bargs will be the top scorer, and either Johnson/(Klieza) or a wing (Sonny or DeMar). For whatever reason I feel like Sonny will have more of an impact that Demar will.

Comment

In his last two seasons in Denver, Kleiza averaged around 10 ppg in only 22 mpg, while not being a primary member of the offense. I think it's safe to say that Kleiza will get more shots this season with the Raptors and play closer to 30 mpg, which would probably get allow him to average in the mid-teens. Kleiza's best attribute is his scoring, so he'll no doubt be featured in the offense. I wouldn't be surprised to see him average even in the high teens.
                    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

From my perspective after Bargnani and Derozan there is going to be a whole bunch of guys (Weems, Kleiza, Johnson, Barbosa, Jack) that can take that third spot in scoring or be very close to one another.

Comment

Bargnani-18-23 PPG
                        DeRozan- 15-17 PPG
                        Barbosa- 12-15 PPG

Comment

bargnani 20
                          kleiza 12
                          derozan 11
                          jack 10
                          weems 9
                          johnson 9
                          calderon 8
                          barboza 8
                          davis 6
                          evans 3
                          andersen, alabi, wright 4

Comment

pistol pete wrote: View Post
                            bargnani 20
                            kleiza 12
                            derozan 11
                            jack 10
                            weems 9
                            johnson 9
                            calderon 8
                            barboza 8
                            davis 6
                            evans 3
                            andersen, alabi, wright 4

That totals 100 ppg.

In 09-10 the combined total ppg of all Raptors players was 126 ppg.

In 09-10 the Raptors averaged 104 ppg.

So why the difference? Not all the players played in all the games. All of their top 10 scorers last season played at least 66 games. The top ten scorers averaged about 73.5 games each. The top 10 scorers missed an average of 8.5 games per player

It is highly unlikely that in 10-11 all of the players listed above will play 82 games.

1. Lets assume that Raptors top ten scorers in 10-11 miss the same number of games as the top 10 scorers missed in 09-10.
                            2. Lets also assume that the games missed for each player in the 10-11 hierarchy of points per game scored corresponds roughly to the same hierarchy of scoring and missed games last season per player.

So if assumptions #1 and #2 hold true based upon the 100 ppg total points in the post quoted the Raptors team in 10-11 will only score 82.5 ppg

If the points scored come out like that the Raptors will finish with the worst record in NBA history

09-10 Stats

Comment

Bargnani: 18-22
                              Kleiza: 14-17
                              DeRozan: 13-16
                              Calderon: 11
                              Johnson: 11
                              Jack: 11
                              Weems: 8-10
                              Barbosa: 7-10
                              Davis: 7
                              Andersen: 6
                              Wright: 4
                              Evans: 2
                              Alabi: 1

But it's pretty pointless, and I really don't care who averages the most points as long as we win games. But to win games, Kleiza and Bargs need to score consistently. Something Barg lacked last season.

Comment

Working...
                              X