No announcement yet.

NBA.com Summer Report Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe, but that's not, what i'm talking about. I liked how the Raptors bounced back after losing Bosh. Kleiza, Davis, Barbosa and Johnson are(or hopefully will be) solid players so to me the frontoffice did pretty well, except the amount of money they are paying to Amir. I don't care how any network, analyst or website is rating the players or graduating the offseason of Toronto, i want to see this team play.

Comment

jjiio wrote: View Post
      Maybe, but that's not, what i'm talking about. I liked how the Raptors bounced back after losing Bosh. Kleiza, Davis, Barbosa and Johnson are(or hopefully will be) solid players so to me the frontoffice did pretty well, except the amount of money they are paying to Amir. I don't care how any network, analyst or website is rating the players or graduating the offseason of Toronto, i want to see this team play.
      I got it wrong, then. My fault. Then, about "I don't care how any network, analyst or website is rating the players or graduating the offseason of Toronto, i want to see this team play": I totally agree with you.

Comment

nba.com felt bad and didnt wanna give us anything lower than a passing grade, therefore the D lol. we really deserve an F-
        http://www.twitter.com/YateeshKevin23

Comment

pistol pete wrote: View Post
          I got it wrong, then. My fault. Then, about "I don't care how any network, analyst or website is rating the players or graduating the offseason of Toronto, i want to see this team play": I totally agree with you.
          I agree the D is bullshit.
          We lost Bosh ( aka RuPaul), Turk ( aka Turdinator), Rasho ( nice guy too old and slow), POB ( shite).
          Kleiza, Barbosa and Davis are all good players who will contribute, while only RuPaul contributed last year. The new three are better than the old three.
          Amir will get a chance for more regular play, and with Bargs, Kleiza, Davis, Anderson will form a better front line rotation than we had last year.
          Definitely a C+

Comment

Going nowhere with Bosh

Repeat after me. (until it sinks in deep) The Raps were going NOWHERE with Bosh! NOWHERE!!! They may or may not make the playoffs next year. At least there's a question mark hanging over their future. (immediate and long-term) With Bosh, we knew exactly where they were going: NOWHERE!

Comment

Getting rid of Turk and Bosh, at the very least, allowed this team the opportunity to start in a direction that might lead to winning. If we kept either we'd be in perpetual purgatory.

Comment

I give management a C.

Comment

Bosh left because he obviously was never going to be a real number 1 and would rather be a number 3, we in turn received our first round pick back and the TPE. That was a lot more than Cleveland received for Lebron's departure. Hedouche was a cancer and now we have a former 6th man of the year. Davis was a steal at 13 and will prove that this season. Kleiza is coming off a great FIBA tourney experience so he'll be better with the Raps than he was with Denver. Finally, BC is still working hard to trade Calderon possibly with Evans and/or possibly with some picks while using the TPE all for an impact player.
                  At the very least, we get a C+ with the strong possiblity of moving to a B- if BC can complete the last part of my statement.

Comment

Wrong Question

The whole rating a team on what they did in the summer is full of errors. We can not judge until we see what comes of the new CBA, the TPE, and the draft picks. Losing Bosh will hurt big time in the short term. He was far and away the most competitive player on the team: an almost unguardable forward. However, the moves BC made around this were great and lay a nice carpet for building as long as he shows some patience. I hope they give the kids pt and finish with a high pick.

Comment

I don't know whats harder, a 100 pound brick of concrete or Buddahfan when he thinks about amir johnson.

Comment

Well this rating is biased in my opinion.

Why?

Look at how much it is pointed out the importance of Suns getting Childress and if Childress will get back into NBA style. Why it is biased well because as you may know Childress and Kleiza played last season in Olympiacos and you can ask ANY Olympiacos fan who was better - Kleiza or Childress and most likely you will hear - Kleiza.

He was the leader of the Olympiacos team and the best scorer in Euroleague while Childress not as bad as in his first season still had the tendency to disappear.

But on this review it is focused on the importance of Sun's getting Childress while Raptors getting Kleiza mentioned almost as a complete non-factor though anyone who watched Olympiacos game last season could tell that Kleiza usually outplayed Childress and was more important player.

Not only that but Raps got rid of Turk and gotten Barbosa instead. yes, I am not impressed from what I have seen in Barbosa with Brazil but considering last years situation it does seem like an important add.
                        Last edited by Darknemo2000; Thu Sep 9, 2010, 04:06 AM.

Comment

How can the league hate one of its teams so much? This isn't an assessment, it's just pure dislike. Cleveland did nothing and got a "D". We signed Kleiza, and traded for Wright and got rid of the most expensive cancer money can buy. I wouldn't be writing this if the Raps got C+ (which is what they deserve) and the Cavs got a D. These ameerican "journalists" kill me. Is the grade for the moves (in the summer) or the team in general? I love it when the Raps are written off like this because they have something to prove.
                          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                            powe is awful. get out of here.
                            During KG's injury in 09, he started and was pretty friggin good.

Comment

I don't really mind what they rate us, it's not important. It's better this way, so there will be less hype, less media attention thus more time for players and THE MANAGEMENT to actually concentrate on the game and all. I think we can surprise the league next year, I think we can be close to the playoffs. Well it's my gut feeling... And Amir wasn't overpaid, c'mon. Look at how much other players were paid during this FA period. Amir will contribute, he'll give energy and hussle. He'll fight for every rebound, and he's the kinda player we need. He is young, and has quite abit of experience for his age, getting minutes in playoffs with the Pistons.
                              Kleiza was definitely a great addition, and he will be great. He's not a better player than Turk, but he'll be more important to us, and contribute alot more. And as Darknemo said, he is alot better than Childress, who is just bad IMO. He had alot of lucky games last year with Olympiakos, just chucking shots and dunking.
                              Really, I can't wait for the season to actually start, see how everything pans out. I think all will be good, and this is going to be one of our best years (to watch :P).

Comment

Working...
                              X