Brazil vs Argentina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brazil vs Argentina

Barbosa is done for the first half with a little over three minutes remaing with three fouls.

He hit a few threes but other than that did not play very well

In the 1.5 games I have seen him play in this tournament his entire offense has consisted of three ball shots and an occasional drive to the basket.

His defense also has not been very good

More to come after the game
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

They are not showing the game here! And I don't want to stream it... What's the score?

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
      They are not showing the game here! And I don't want to stream it... What's the score?
      It is a really good game.

50-46 Brazil early in the 3rd qtr

Barbosa did not start in the second half

Delfino is shooting pretty good today so far.
      Last edited by Buddahfan; Tue Sep 7, 2010, 03:21 PM.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Argentina advances on a great game by Scola 37? points and a very good game by Delfino

Marcelo Huertes practically matched Scola point for point but it wasn't enough as Barbosa missed layups and foul shots in the fourth quarter.

In the two games that I have watched Barbosa play in FIBA this summer I have not been impressed.

Weak defense
        Misses way too many layups
        Its been either a three ball or nothing.

Comment

scola was brilliant and i expect BC to call huertas his agent

Comment

MaGIX wrote: View Post
            scola was brilliant and i expect BC to call huertas his agent
            Actually Scola didn't do much of anything he doesn't do when playing for Houston.

He just did more of it and did it better against a very good FIBA team but not a NBA team.

Still I agree he was "brilliant" today and has been exceptional thus far in the tournament.

Next game for Argentina vs Lithuania.

I expect that Scola and Kleiza will face off.

Should be fun and could be exciting though today's Argentina vs Brazil game will be hard to beat.

Comment

anderson an splitter not nba quality yeah shIt

Comment

MaGIX wrote: View Post
                anderson an splitter not nba quality yeah shIt
                You are trolling because that is not what I wrote.

I said that Argentina is not a NBA team which they are not.

Anyone who knows anything about basketball will tell you that.

Comment

Barbosa was bit disappointing yeah he scored three pointers but other than that his game did not leave me impressed. His defense was pretty bad too and his lay-ups could be better.

I don't think they will let Kleiza defend him too much to not get many silly fouls. On the other hand I thought they would not put Kleiza on Yi in China match and yet they did and Kleiza's was really good with him getting only one foul in 36 minutes of playtime. So I cannot say that it is set in stone that Kleiza won't play much against Scola as so far in this tournament Kleiza's defense was surprisingly solid without committing many fouls.

Comment

Scola was great last year for Houston, and was great every year he played in Europe. I'm not 100% sure, but I think he averaged more than 20 points, and I think over 8 rebounds a game. But last year was a beast, he is one of the best post scorers in the NBA.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                      It is a really good game.

50-46 Brazil early in the 3rd qtr

Barbosa did not start in the second half

Delfino is shooting pretty good today so far.
                      I can;t believe they didn't show it... They showed every other game. I watched the New Zeland game, the game was tight until the end of the third. Where Russia dominated.

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
                        I can;t believe they didn't show it... They showed every other game. I watched the New Zeland game, the game was tight until the end of the third. Where Russia dominated.
                        All the games on are the Net on ESPN3.com

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                          In the two games that I have watched Barbosa play in FIBA this summer I have not been impressed.

Weak defense
                          Misses way too many layups
                          Its been either a three ball or nothing.
                          +1. And terrible ball handling and decision making. It seems to me that Barbosa got way too easly confused when double teamed or hard pressed, haven't checked his stats for turnovers but he got some key ones in this tournament and more generally speaking a lot of bad key decisions. A veteran like him shouldn't play like a Belinelli :P

Comment

Working...
                          X