Serbia vs Garbajosa and Spain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serbia vs Garbajosa and Spain

Serbia up by seven late in first quarter.

Spain without Calderon and some guy named Pau is just not the same team.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

uh oh - 92-89 for Serbia --- 3 seconds left --- Spain ball and time out
    might be a major upset...

http://live-statistic.fiba.com/index...=4728&game=69#

they really need Calderon, that young dude Rubio does not have the same calmness and leadership as Jose
    Last edited by Jaworski; Wed Sep 8, 2010, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Bad defense by Garbajosa on the game winning three.

Exciting game.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Garbajosa turnover! Serbia wins! shocker!!!

92-89 final score

does anyone else have a chance to beat USA???

Kleiza is great - but if Argentina sends a defender to shadow him, I'm afraid the Green Team will be in trouble.
        Scola 30ppg in pace for tournament MVP -- almost became a raptor! shucks!

Comment

Jaworski wrote: View Post

92-89 final score

Kleiza is great - but if Argentina sends a defender to shadow him, I'm afraid the Green Team will be in trouble.
          I don't think Scola was almost a Raptor. Bosh never really considered going to Houston - it was Houston that wanted Bosh.

Comment

92-89 final score

Argentina, Serbia and Turkey (only because they will have a very big home court advantage if they play team USA)
            Last edited by Buddahfan; Wed Sep 8, 2010, 03:38 PM.

Comment

92-89 final score
              Not that much of a shocker imo, Serbia's a powerhouse, always has been, they have quite the resume

I never rooted for Serbia (basketball-wise) because of a couple of games against italy that made me hate them with a passion, but this time as a neutral I suddenly found myself rooting for Serbia with all my heart...as buddhafan said an exciting game (not only the last 30 seconds), hard not to get carried away

Comment

Yah as someone already mentioned earlier Rubio doesnt seem able to carry the point guard position all the time. Dude had a few points, 3 assits, 3 turnovers you cant have a guy that plays a lot of time at the point to falter in a crucial game -_- man, guess i was rite they need......... calderon oh and.... gasol brother number one

Comment

I hope Garbo had fun playing with his buddies again, I guess he ought to learn something that when the best player on your team does not want to compete because he wants to save himself to the grind of the NBA season and be the best he can be to his team-mates for 6 months (you know the one who pay his yearly salary) then that is probably more important then a 2 week tournament.

yeah I know I know...

Comment

Blasterfi9 wrote: View Post
                    Yah as someone already mentioned earlier Rubio doesnt seem able to carry the point guard position all the time. Dude had a few points, 3 assits, 3 turnovers you cant have a guy that plays a lot of time at the point to falter in a crucial game -_- man, guess i was rite they need......... calderon oh and.... gasol brother number one
                    Rubio must just play badly every time I watch him play.

I have never seen him play a good complete game yet and probably have watched him play about a half a dozen games or so.

In fact yesterday he didn't really shoot very much though he did make a three. However, I noticed that except for a couple of highlight passes his passes were nothing special.

Even his defense wasn't very good yesterday. In the past I have seen him get three or more steals in a game.

He was in foul trouble yesterday and it seemed to me that he basically stunk up the court with his play. There is not doubt that Spain missed not having Calderon and some tall guy named Pau.

Comment

Blasterfi9 wrote: View Post
                      C'mon. They guy is 19. He is leads the biggest powerhouse in European basketball in the most important tournament in the world. The pressure is high, of course he won't be great every game. He is still incredible IMO just needs to mature.... If he entered the draft this year, NJ might have picked him 1st.

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
                        C'mon. They guy is 19. He is leads the biggest powerhouse in European basketball in the most important tournament in the world. The pressure is high, of course he won't be great every game. He is still incredible IMO just needs to mature.... If he entered the draft this year, NJ might have picked him 1st.
                        People do say that and it may have been true except for the fact that the T-Wolves hold his NBA rights. No need for him to re-enter the NBA draft

On second thought, given who holds his NBA rights, if he could he might re-enter the NBA draft.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                          People do say that and it may have been true except for the fact that the T-Wolves hold his NBA rights. No need for him to re-enter the NBA draft

On second thought, given who holds his NBA rights, if he could he might re-enter the NBA draft.
                          It's really sad actually. If another team had drafted him, he would actually be in the NBA now. Apparently, Jovetud (his old team) had accepted to let him go because of the ultimatum, but because Rubio didn't want to go to Minnesota he decided to stay in Spain, win more trophies, make more money and gain some experience...

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
                            It's really sad actually. If another team had drafted him, he would actually be in the NBA now. Apparently, Jovetud (his old team) had accepted to let him go because of the ultimatum, but because Rubio didn't want to go to Minnesota he decided to stay in Spain, win more trophies, make more money and gain some experience...
                            If I was going to compare Rubio to anyone it would be Rondo at KY. Rondo was there for two seasons from 2004-2006. He was between 18 and 20 years old at the time

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player...playerId=22099

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                              If I was going to compare Rubio to anyone it would be Rondo at KY. Rondo was there for two seasons from 2004-2006. He was between 18 and 20 years old at the time

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player...playerId=22099
                              He is a very rondo type player, but he'll never have the play defence like rondo does! But I think Rubio is a better passer with better court vision.
                              Just a note, assists aren't counted in the same way as they are in the US. If Rubio played college ball, he'd prolly average over 10 assists a game. They are real stingy in Europe in giving out assists :P

Comment

Working...
                              X