Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did We Dodge a Bullet With the Non-Signing of Matt Barnes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

philwill wrote: View Post
    yeah, like she wasn't under pressure to take back her claim (as with every other victim of domestic assault)...
    At least YOU'RE not jumping to conclusions and making broad assumptions based on nothing but uninformed opinion. Oh, wait...
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I am glad we weren't able to sign the guy because he ain't worth no 5 million dollars per season.

Comment

Pizzaman wrote: View Post
        Like posted earlier I think we absolutely dodged a bullet. Who wants wife beaters, gun slingers and drug addicts on our team? We need character guys and Triano needs to emphasize TEAM when camp begins not ME!!
        It's different if you're the Lakers or Celtics and you think bringing in a misfit may help you win a championship and also that you have othe guys on the team including coaches who can deal with Jerks. Kobe will not stand for bs, and neither will Jackson and Garnett.
        My opinion is we only get and keep character guys. We have a hard enough time with them let alone trying to be a rehab clinic or halfway house.
        That's because Jay aka Mister Bob Dobilina, BC aka BullChit & Gherardini aka Mr Magoo don't hold players accountable they just want sucka punk players like Jose who just say- yes coach, then walk past fallen teammates. Or big baby's like Bargnani who need to be coddled and pampered despite inconsistent play/effort. Beasley would have look good in TO this season- much better than the projected Raptor starter Kleiza at SF. I bet that Beasley has much better stats than Kleiza in 2010-11. Kleiza is a hot headed night club hopper- sound like a character guy? What this team needs a veteran Oakley type of player or two to stir things up in a positive manner and hold players accountable instead of folks (BC, Jay, Maurizio aka the 3 Stooges) that p*ssyfoot around Team issues or ignore them until the media blows them up (Turk's night out).

(BC's voice) Let's all hold hands- you to Bargnani (who looks over to Maurizio 1st), and sing Kumbaya. Jay you lead us- 1,2 ready...............Kumbaya..........

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
          It's could everyone didn't jump to any conclusions....oh, wait. I guess they did. Apparently Barnes and his fiance are saying that Barnes is innocent. Don't make judgements until all the facts are in. Barnes may have done something wrong, but it's dangerous to go on preliminary media reports.
          So did Rianna because she fell into a door. Give me a break. Maybe they were just fighting over who's dad to spend Thanksgiving with haha?
          Last edited by Pizzaman; Fri Sep 10, 2010, 10:02 AM.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
            Barnes: " Ya, you're right. I'll just take the Kobe way of saying sorry by buying her a giant diamond."

seriously, bryant should be the last one to say anything.
            cheating on your wife while pretty low is not the same as hitting a woman. If you think so you should get therapy.
            Last edited by Pizzaman; Fri Sep 10, 2010, 10:00 AM.

Comment

SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
              That's because Jay aka Mister Bob Dobilina, BC aka BullChit & Gherardini aka Mr Magoo don't hold players accountable they just want sucka punk players like Jose who just say- yes coach, then walk past fallen teammates. Or big baby's like Bargnani who need to be coddled and pampered despite inconsistent play/effort. Beasley would have look good in TO this season- much better than the projected Raptor starter Kleiza at SF. I bet that Beasley has much better stats than Kleiza in 2010-11. Kleiza is a hot headed night club hopper- sound like a character guy? What this team needs a veteran Oakley type of player or two to stir things up in a positive manner and hold players accountable instead of folks (BC, Jay, Maurizio aka the 3 Stooges) that p*ssyfoot around Team issues or ignore them until the media blows them up (Turk's night out).

(BC's voice) Let's all hold hands- you to Bargnani (who looks over to Maurizio 1st), and sing Kumbaya. Jay you lead us- 1,2 ready...............Kumbaya..........
              Again I see why you are as you say not a FAN!!! Probably because you have no idea what building a team means, and have never done so on the court or in the workplace.
              Beasley?? Are you kidding? He may have better stats, but he'll also have more arrests, rehab stints, and no shows. Perhaps we could have recruited all the hoods and the stats would have been amazing.
              Iverson and Marbury with Delonte West, Beasly, Arenas and maybe to make you really happy we could have signed RuPaul to a Max deal to play with all those bums. He could have used his max deal to bail them out of jail, pay for rehab, get their abused girlfriends therapy, or help them buy bullets and drugs. It would have been awesome.
              Since it will not happen on B.C.'s watch, or Tannenbaum's for that matter you should take your support somewhere you will appreciate reading the police reports on.

Comment

Unfortunately domestic violence occurs way way too often in families

Domestic violence takes on many forms

1. Physical violence - The obvious
                2. Verbal violence - Ignored by basically everyone, because basically everyone does it and it is unfortunately an accepted norm
                3. Mental violence (games to control others in the family) - Again ignored by basically everyone, because everyone does it and again it is an accepted norm among the animal species which humans are a member of.
                4. Sexual violence - Which is different than just plain physical violence.

All of those forms of domestic violence are bad with the the mental violence being the most egregious because he it happens continually when the family members are with one another and affects the entire personality and emotional state of the people involved even when they are not together.
                Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                  Unfortunately domestic violence occurs way way too often in families

Domestic violence takes on many forms

1. Physical violence - The obvious
                  2. Verbal violence - Ignored by basically everyone, because basically everyone does it and it is unfortunately an accepted norm
                  3. Mental violence (games to control others in the family) - Again ignored by basically everyone, because everyone does it and again it is an accepted norm among the animal species which humans are a member of.
                  4. Sexual violence - Which is different than just plain physical violence.

All of those forms of domestic violence are bad with the the mental violence being the most egregious because he it happens continually when the family members are with one another and affects the entire personality and emotional state of the people involved even when they are not together.
                  Yes and I've seen enough of some of them to know they are all very serious. You don't usually get arrested for domestic violence because you stold your wifes twinkie.

Comment

Ha, the day that Beasley is concidered a better addition than Kleiza is the day FAQ stops trolling the site. Seriously you'd rather have guys like artest on the team than actual sane people. You don't fix a soft attitude issue on a team by adding guys that act like thugs. You fix it by instilling a team first attitude that makes the other players stand up for you, not start a brawl.
                    Seriously are u high, cause i know a certain StraightEdge someone who can Save U.
                    What if... Blazers had drafted both Drexler, Jordan?

From 1992 Beginner's Guide to the NBA Finals, The Oregonian's special section. Published 6/3/1992.

Michael Jordan was the #3 pick in the 1984 draft, after Portland selected Sam Bowie second.

Comment

Jordan-Drexler wrote: View Post
                      Ha, the day that Beasley is concidered a better addition than Kleiza is the day FAQ stops trolling the site. Seriously you'd rather have guys like artest on the team than actual sane people. You don't fix a soft attitude issue on a team by adding guys that act like thugs. You fix it by instilling a team first attitude that makes the other players stand up for you, not start a brawl.
                      Seriously are u high, cause i know a certain StraightEdge someone who can Save U.
                      Exactly! It shows sirchillywilly is either high as a kite, or does not understand the meaning of TEAM. The Raptors definitely will be awful if they do not instill a team first attitude. You cannot get that by putting powder in your nose, carrying a gun, or abusing your wife. Maybe the dumbest thing yet that Beasley would have been a better addition than Kleiza. While Kleiza has been playing for his country and has them down to the wire, Beasley has been hangin with his entourage dividing up smack.

Comment

Ubuntu
                        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Again I see why you are as you say not a FAN!!! Probably because you have no idea what building a team means, and have never done so on the court or in the workplace.
                          Beasley?? Are you kidding? He may have better stats, but he'll also have more arrests, rehab stints, and no shows. Perhaps we could have recruited all the hoods and the stats would have been amazing.
                          Iverson and Marbury with Delonte West, Beasly, Arenas and maybe to make you really happy we could have signed RuPaul to a Max deal to play with all those bums. He could have used his max deal to bail them out of jail, pay for rehab, get their abused girlfriends therapy, or help them buy bullets and drugs. It would have been awesome.
                          Since it will not happen on B.C.'s watch, or Tannenbaum's for that matter you should take your support somewhere you will appreciate reading the police reports on.
                          You're right, I'm not a fan of anyone or anything- I'm a critical thinking follower not a blind fan. Fyi- I played D1 basketball kiddo. Beasley has more talent than Kleiza it's his off court incidents, lifestyle that he needs to have better judgement with.

Did I say anything about TO adding Marbury, Iverson, Arenas, West or being happy if Bosh re signed in order to play with those previously mentioned players? No. That all self serving speculation on your behalf to make yourself seem somewhat coherent with your incoherence. Speculation is like masturbation- it only gets you off kiddo.

Like I said Beasley will have better 2010-11 stats than Kleiza and is a better overall basketball player than Kleiza- point blank.

Btw- I will support whomever I choose to- freedom of choice- marinate on that or catch a heart attack.
                          Last edited by SirChillyMost; Fri Sep 10, 2010, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Beasley is a much more talented basketball player than the night club hopping hot headed Kleiza.

Artest has a title does Klieza?

Players stand up for you? Like when Bosh got kneed by Pierce and TO players just- walked on by? At least Artest would have stood up for Bosh- no wonder CB bolted from BC's Bull Chit Raptor vision that now has Bargnani as the Franchise player. Bosh re signed once under BC- fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me. Also, Jay- Mr no accountability, has really instilled a team 1st concept during his 2 years (minus 17 games) as the Raptor's HC (sarcasm).

Fyi- I don't drink nor smoke so save that high drama for ya mama- period no comma.
                            Last edited by SirChillyMost; Fri Sep 10, 2010, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Exactly! It shows sirchillywilly is either high as a kite, or does not understand the meaning of TEAM. The Raptors definitely will be awful if they do not instill a team first attitude. You cannot get that by putting powder in your nose, carrying a gun, or abusing your wife. Maybe the dumbest thing yet that Beasley would have been a better addition than Kleiza. While Kleiza has been playing for his country and has them down to the wire, Beasley has been hangin with his entourage dividing up smack.
                              If you believe BC you're high, buddy ro.

The Raptor's will be an awful team even if they establish a team 1st attitude as their roster is severely lacking in quality experienced NBA talent. Plus Jay, who had a playoff roster last season, is the HC- do the 2011 NBA Lottery math. Not to even mention the tough early season schedule that will most likey leave TO at 2-12 to begin the season.

Beasley is now on heroine (smack), cocaine? I thought he was just smoking weed & drinking like a lot of college aged folks?

Beasley > Kleiza.

The bullshit some folks come up with in order to try and make themselves come off as being correct is str8 up hilarious- stereotypes and media hypes- even my conditioning has been conditioned.

Comment

So did Rianna because she fell into a door. Give me a break. Maybe they were just fighting over who's dad to spend Thanksgiving with haha?
                                Uh, what on earth has that got to do with anything? I simply said not to jump to any conclusions until all the facts are in. The media is renowned for writing a story before they have all the facts. It didn't used to be the case, but with the internet, a good portion of what the media writes is crap.

Barnes may well have beat up someone, but apparently it wasn't his fiance, as was speculated. And it's possible that he didn't beat anyone up, but was wrongly arrested. The fact is I don't know and I'm not going to look like an ass by passing judgement on something when I have almost no facts.
                                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X