Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did We Dodge a Bullet With the Non-Signing of Matt Barnes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
    You're right, I'm not a fan of anyone or anything- I'm a critical thinking follower not a blind fan. Fyi- I played D1 basketball kiddo. Beasley has more talent than Kleiza it's his off court incidents, lifestyle that he needs to have better judgement with.

Did I say anything about TO adding Marbury, Iverson, Arenas, West or being happy if Bosh re signed in order to play with those previously mentioned players? No. That all self serving speculation on your behalf to make yourself seem somewhat coherent with your incoherence. Speculation is like masturbation- it only gets you off kiddo.

Like I said Beasley will have better 2010-11 stats than Kleiza and is a better overall basketball player than Kleiza- point blank.

Btw- I will support whomever I choose to- freedom of choice- marinate on that or catch a heart attack.
    Actually you said Beasley wood look better in Toronto than Kleiza, which to most people that can read means you would rather have had Beasley. It means you would give up a solid guy both ends of the floor and in the locker room, and with teamates for a talented drug addict that might get better stats.

Comment

Beasley is a much more talented basketball player than the night club hopping hot headed Kleiza.

Artest has a title does Klieza?

Players stand up for you? Like when Bosh got kneed by Pierce and TO players just- walked on by? At least Artest would have stood up for Bosh- no wonder CB bolted from BC's Bull Chit Raptor vision that now has Bargnani as the Franchise player. Bosh re signed once under BC- fool me once shame on me fool me twice shame on you. Also, Jay- Mr no accountability, has really instilled a team 1st concept during his 2 years (minus 17 games) as the Raptor's HC (sarcasm).

Fyi- I don't drink nor smoke so save that high drama for ya mama- period no comma.
      You're distorting Jordan's words to make up your crap. Jordan said if you think Beasley would be a better addition than Kleiza you don't get it. He said nothing of talent. Obviously talent or stats is all you look for, character means nothing.

Comment

If you believe BC you're high, buddy ro.

The Raptor's will be an awful team even if they establish a team 1st attitude as their roster is severely lacking in quality experienced NBA talent. Plus Jay, who had a playoff roster last season, is the HC- do the 2011 NBA Lottery math. Not to even mention the tough early season schedule that will most likey leave TO at 2-12 to begin the season.

Beasley is now on heroine (smack), cocaine? I thought he was just smoking weed & drinking like a lot of college aged folks?

Beasley > Kleiza.

The bullshit some folks come up with in order to try and make themselves come off as being correct is str8 up hilarious- stereotypes and media hypes- even my conditioning has been conditioned.
        Maybe no Raptor went to Bosh's defense because Bosh was a self serving dick and they thought he got what he deserved. When has Bosh ever stood up for his teamates?

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
          Uh, what on earth has that got to do with anything? I simply said not to jump to any conclusions until all the facts are in. The media is renowned for writing a story before they have all the facts. It didn't used to be the case, but with the internet, a good portion of what the media writes is crap.

Barnes may well have beat up someone, but apparently it wasn't his fiance, as was speculated. And it's possible that he didn't beat anyone up, but was wrongly arrested. The fact is I don't know and I'm not going to look like an ass by passing judgement on something when I have almost no facts.
          Yeah the cops were there for a lemonade. I don't see the cops at my home EVER! They don't just arrest people for nothing. The guy is a bum.
          I suppose you believe Haslam too that the weed was his buddy's, and that Roger's injections were really his wifes because she was training for some bs event, and he would never do such a thing but he would allow his wife to.

Comment

Pizzaman wrote: View Post
            Actually you said Beasley wood look better in Toronto than Kleiza, which to most people that can read means you would rather have had Beasley. It means you would give up a solid guy both ends of the floor and in the locker room, and with teamates for a talented drug addict that might get better stats.
            Beasley would most definately look better than Kleiza in a TO uniform- and?

How do you know what Kleiza's presence will be like in TO's locker room- do you know him? Kleiza plays defense now? He didn't play much D in Denver.

Beasley's a drug addict now? You really like to toss around assumptions with no gumption safely sitting behind your pc screen- sitting n the sidelines with no guidelines.lol

Comment

You're distorting Jordan's words to make up your crap. Jordan said if you think Beasley would be a better addition than Kleiza you don't get it. He said nothing of talent. Obviously talent or stats is all you look for, character means nothing.
              This is an example of your brain on drugs..............kids just say no!!

Comment

Maybe no Raptor went to Bosh's defense because Bosh was a self serving dick and they thought he got what he deserved. When has Bosh ever stood up for his teamates?
                You really live in a fantasy world, buddy.............the plane, boss, the plane.....

Comment

Yeah the cops were there for a lemonade. I don't see the cops at my home EVER! They don't just arrest people for nothing. The guy is a bum.
                  I suppose you believe Haslam too that the weed was his buddy's, and that Roger's injections were really his wifes because she was training for some bs event, and he would never do such a thing but he would allow his wife to.
                  What does Haslem or Clemen's situations have to do with what did or didn't happen with Barnes & his fiance'? Police never over react and arrest folks?

Where do you live- Fantasyland?

Some more facetious balderdash in order to make yourself seem correct in your reprobate mind.lol

Btw- fan is short for fanantic not fantastic.lol

Comment

we dodged a bullet because of the salary...the domestic issue is just reassurance.

Comment

I don't believe ANYONE at this point. That's what I'm trying to say. Something obviously happened but do YOU know what? I sure don't. And it appears the press doesn't, either. I've never had the cops show up at my door, but I do know that there have been plenty of people arrested and then released because they were innocent. Getting arrested is a far cry from being charged, which is also a far cry from being convicted.

There are many possibilities. Barnes could have hit his fiance. Barnes could have hit a girl he has on the side. A former girlfriend might have made a false complaint. A former girlfriend might have shown up at Barnes' house, got into a fight with his fiance, and then called the cops to have Barnes arrested. A girlfriend might have shown up at Barnes' door, made a big scene, tripped and fallen and then called the cops. Who knows. The point is that we don't know and it doesn't do any good to make assumptions at this point.

If the evidence comes in and it's obvious that Barnes is in the wrong, then I'll be the first in line to call him a scumbag. Until then, I'm not rushing to any judgements.
                      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

What does Haslem or Clemen's situations have to do with what did or didn't happen with Barnes & his fiance'? Police never over react and arrest folks?

Where do you live- Fantasyland?

Some more facetious balderdash in order to make yourself seem correct in your reprobate mind.lol

Btw- fan is short for fanantic not fantastic.lol
                        I live in Toronto, where do you live City of Commerce L.A.?
                        Cops don't just show up at domestic cases they get called to them, and like I said they've never been to my home. Maybe to you it's a normal way of life but not to most of us.
                        Also I happen to believe that 99% of the time when cops arrest someone they likely have pretty good evidence or would not do so. Perhaps it's my upbringing since my dad was a cop and we actually respect cops in my family. I'm betting big that the police did not over react, however I'm sure his girlfriend will change her story soon so she can get some of his money.

Comment

Tim said "There are many possibilities. Barnes could have hit his fiance. Barnes could have hit a girl he has on the side. A former girlfriend might have made a false complaint. A former girlfriend might have shown up at Barnes' house, got into a fight with his fiance, and then called the cops to have Barnes arrested. A girlfriend might have shown up at Barnes' door, made a big scene, tripped and fallen and then called the cops. Who knows. The point is that we don't know and it doesn't do any good to make assumptions at this point. "

Yeah whatever but all the stuff you just mentioned in this paragraph does not happen to regular decent guys, and point is he was arrested during a domestic dispute. He didn't cheat at Monopoly.

Comment

I live in Toronto, where do you live City of Commerce L.A.?
                            Cops don't just show up at domestic cases they get called to them, and like I said they've never been to my home. Maybe to you it's a normal way of life but not to most of us.
                            Also I happen to believe that 99% of the time when cops arrest someone they likely have pretty good evidence or would not do so. Perhaps it's my upbringing since my dad was a cop and we actually respect cops in my family. I'm betting big that the police did not over react, however I'm sure his girlfriend will change her story soon so she can get some of his money.
                            I live in Vancouver, BC buddy ro. So now you're implying that Domestic violence may be a normal way of life for me? Gtfoh herb, they never been to my home either. Btw- the responding Deputies decided that Barnes had been the aggressor and he was taken into custody. What did they base that on? Hang up 911 call? Crime scene reenactment? Visible injuries? ESP?

Implying that my family nor I don't respect Police? Where do you get that balderdash from and what does that have to do with Barnes' alleged incident? Buddy, you have some real issues- need a tissue?

99% percent of the time? Police never have planted evidence or lied about the arresting particulars before? Amadou Diallo? Oscar Grant? Sean Bell? http://www.king5.com/home/Groups-air...102173394.html John Williams?

You're betting big?Lmfao@u

Looks like his fiance' has said that nothing took place. No one but those 2 know what did or didn't happen not you, the psychic Police or I. http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angele...ory?id=5551879

Like I said before speculation is like masturbation- it only gets you off, kiddo.

For Pizzaman:
                            Last edited by SirChillyMost; Fri Sep 10, 2010, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Tim said "There are many possibilities. Barnes could have hit his fiance. Barnes could have hit a girl he has on the side. A former girlfriend might have made a false complaint. A former girlfriend might have shown up at Barnes' house, got into a fight with his fiance, and then called the cops to have Barnes arrested. A girlfriend might have shown up at Barnes' door, made a big scene, tripped and fallen and then called the cops. Who knows. The point is that we don't know and it doesn't do any good to make assumptions at this point. "

Yeah whatever but all the stuff you just mentioned in this paragraph does not happen to regular decent guys, and point is he was arrested during a domestic dispute. He didn't cheat at Monopoly.
                              If he used to date a woman who then turned out to be a bit of a nutcase (I'm not speculating, just giving an example), it doesn't mean he's not decent, it just means that maybe he's not the best judge of character. Again you're speculating that the incident was something he was responsible for. If a former girlfriend shows up at your door and starts punching you and won't leave, is that your fault? What if a neighbour calls the police because they hear screaming and when they come, your ex-girlfriend claims that you hit her and she wants to file a complaint? Whether you like to believe it or not, we don't have total control over what happens to us at all times. I've never once been involved in any crime, nor have any of my friends or family, but I'm not naive enough to believe that everyone who is arrested is automatically a lowlife criminal.

And this has absolutely nothing with respecting the police, so don't pretend it does.

Again, Barnes MAY be guilty of domestic assault, but we know absolutely nothing yet. He might also be a complete innocent caught up in circumstances that were beyond his control.

Blaming him without knowing the circumstances is just as bad as believing an unsubstantiated rumour about someone for the reasoning that if they were a good person there wouldn't be a rumour about them. Some things are simply beyond our control.
                              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                                If he used to date a woman who then turned out to be a bit of a nutcase (I'm not speculating, just giving an example), it doesn't mean he's not decent, it just means that maybe he's not the best judge of character. Again you're speculating that the incident was something he was responsible for. If a former girlfriend shows up at your door and starts punching you and won't leave, is that your fault? What if a neighbour calls the police because they hear screaming and when they come, your ex-girlfriend claims that you hit her and she wants to file a complaint? Whether you like to believe it or not, we don't have total control over what happens to us at all times. I've never once been involved in any crime, nor have any of my friends or family, but I'm not naive enough to believe that everyone who is arrested is automatically a lowlife criminal.

And this has absolutely nothing with respecting the police, so don't pretend it does.

Again, Barnes MAY be guilty of domestic assault, but we know absolutely nothing yet. He might also be a complete innocent caught up in circumstances that were beyond his control.

Blaming him without knowing the circumstances is just as bad as believing an unsubstantiated rumour about someone for the reasoning that if they were a good person there wouldn't be a rumour about them. Some things are simply beyond our control.
                                We know that

1. There was an incomplete 911 call to which the police responded.
                                2. That both Barnes and the lady had "visible signs of injuries"

SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- Sacramento County authorities say Los Angeles Lakers guard Matt Barnes has been arrested on suspicion of domestic violence.

Sheriff's spokesman Sgt. Tim Curran says deputies arrested Barnes after responding to what was termed an incomplete 911 call from a home around 4:16 p.m. Wednesday.

Deputies say both Barnes and the woman had visible injuries,
                                http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angele...ory?id=5549456
                                Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                                Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Working...
                                X