Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calderon To Bobcats Rumors Heat Up Again? - Will Jose Calderon be a Bobcat Monday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thomas1 wrote: View Post
    The question I have is why would we trade for Diaw! there isn't enough play time for him under current roster. Personally, I dont think Dampier is an upgrade over what we have as potential centre players AB/ Amir/ Dorsey/ Evans Alabi and ED. Jose is a much more productive player at his position so on its own that is a lopsided traded in favour of Charlotte (unless we will take his contract to waive him latter on).

I've seen Diaw in the back to back that France played against Canada at the ACC a few weeks ago. He looked fat (by NBA standards) and did not impact the game? Why would we give up our expirings to take him on especially if he is going to take away mins from our young forwards. We would be doing Charlotte a great dead and this should come at a premium. These expirings will get us more at the trade deadline when a lot of teams will try to get out of some contracts or make room for next summer.

I'm for Jose Dampier trde (tete a tete if Damp is to be waived) that will take Joses salasry off our books and give us a lot of financial felxibility. But Diaw for expirings (Evans and Marcus) is not enough we have to get something more for taking on his salary.
    +1. It will be better to keep the expiring contracts until the trade deadline when some teams out of the playoffs are willing to sell all-stars for financial flexibilty(Moreover, it seems that Diaw has fitness issues - not a good look). I fully support the Jose-Dampier trade, we can toss in the part of the Bosh TPE(approx. $4m) to complete the deal. We could use the remaining $10.5m from the Bosh TPE to get a Pryzbilla or Sam Dalembert(Sacramento Kings have two centers in Demarcus Cousins and Hassan Whiteside) as our future starting center or an Igoudala if the experiment with the Philadelphia Sixers having 3 ball handlers in Andre Igoudala, Evan Turner and Jrue Holiday falters taking them out of the playoffs picture(which could be likely just saying)..

Comment

I want nothing to do with Diaw, if I'm BC. However, a Calderon & Evans for Dampier trade does sound good. I could see a 3-team deal working out too, giving the cap relief of Dampier to the third team.

An example:
      To Charlotte - Calderon & Evans
      To Sacramento - Dampier
      To Toronto - Dalembert

Calderon does have value, but it seems to me like BC has made up his mind that he is the PG that goes, while Jack & Barbosa are staying.

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
        Damp is kind of old and we need an actual Center not tax relief from that position. If we accept Jack as our starting pg they do have some fairly strong guys who would make great backups... Only thing is I can't imagine them moving Jose for anything less than a potential starter, and more importantly, I would be stunned if BC trusts MJ right now.
        The financial flexibilty in actually waiving him to sign with any other team is huge especailly for BC's "Santa Claus"-like contract to Jose Calderon. If I were BC, I acquire Dampier and immediately waive him and not resign him - that is a ridiculous $13m off our cap space and overall savings of approx. $20m over 3 years(Jose's contract remaining is approx. $33m) making this a no-brainer. The use of the cap space is to follow the OKC model to absorb huge contracts of serviceable players for draft picks which we can combine and offer to another team to get 2 earlier picks or a much earlier pick which will be useful for the #30 draft position-like of the Miami #1 pick given to the Raptors(goal is to get to #20 or two draft picks from #22-27)..

Comment

if this is true, i cant imagine the BCs face when he see's MJ on is caller display
          No Dissrespect...
          With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.. You hear me BC?

Comment

Afro_Daddy wrote: View Post
            unless augstine is involved, BC should just lead jordan on, and then take the deal away at the last minute. diaw is not needed now that klieza is impressing, as well as he looks out of shape, plus we have the ygnz.

agustine & the ygnz, thats a fast break team and a half!

i'd only take back damp if we could ad anderson in the trade since it would create a log jam at C: bargs(i konw PF) anderson, damp and alibi. anderson can be traded even though we just got him right? i member Q rich being traded like 3 or 4 times one summer
            Dampiers $13 million contract for 10-11 is not guaranteed. He could be acquired and let go creating cap space plus the huge unused TPE from the Bosh trade.
            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
              I want nothing to do with Diaw, if I'm BC. However, a Calderon & Evans for Dampier trade does sound good. I could see a 3-team deal working out too, giving the cap relief of Dampier to the third team.

An example:
              To Charlotte - Calderon & Evans
              To Sacramento - Dampier
              To Toronto - Dalembert

Calderon does have value, but it seems to me like BC has made up his mind that he is the PG that goes, while Jack & Barbosa are staying.
              That is not a bad trade but I heard that Sam Dalembert is untradeable until December 15th since he was recently traded to the Sacramento Kings. If the trade goes through, I fully support it - we get an additional expiring contract instead of a waivable contract, not bad at all..

Comment

smushmush wrote: View Post
                +1. It will be better to keep the expiring contracts until the trade deadline when some teams out of the playoffs are willing to sell all-stars for financial flexibilty(Moreover, it seems that Diaw has fitness issues - not a good look). I fully support the Jose-Dampier trade, we can toss in the part of the Bosh TPE(approx. $4m) to complete the deal. We could use the remaining $10.5m from the Bosh TPE to get a Pryzbilla or Sam Dalembert(Sacramento Kings have two centers in Demarcus Cousins and Hassan Whiteside) as our future starting center or an Igoudala if the experiment with the Philadelphia Sixers having 3 ball handlers in Andre Igoudala, Evan Turner and Jrue Holiday falters taking them out of the playoffs picture(which could be likely just saying)..
                Dampier has an expiring contract. In fact, Dampier adds $5M over what Banks plus Evans can offer. Dampier will be even more marketable at the deadline.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                  Dampiers $13 million contract for 10-11 is not guaranteed. He could be acquired and let go creating cap space plus the huge unused TPE from the Bosh trade.
                  i know i know i didnt know that when i wrote that hehe
                  No Dissrespect...
                  With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.. You hear me BC?

Comment

One more thing. To those complaining about Diaw's contract, I don't get it. He's owed $9M/yr over the next two years. Calderon is owed, on average, $9.8M/yr over the next three years. Also, not to mention the signings they made this off-season suggest anything but they actually want to dump as much cap as possible and be a big player in FA. I suspect they're going to continue to build through the draft, trades and using signing exceptions and not by dumping huge amounts of cap in an effort to somehow manage to sign a big name star. They're best bet is to hover around the luxury tax mark if they truely want to compete. What team is going to be better, one who is at the luxuxry tax mark and has a roster full of good players or one that's at the salary cap mark with some good players and a weak bench?

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                    I want nothing to do with Diaw, if I'm BC.
                    If you were Colangelo, regardless of what you did going forward, you would have already traded for Diaw once, given him a fat contract and praised him to no end.
                    Last edited by Apollo; Fri Sep 10, 2010, 07:54 PM.

Comment

I was thinking of Kobe's 81pt effort against the Raps in 2006. I believe that they will not do well until they rid themselves of anyone who was playing that day. That means that both Bargs and Jose have to go. So be it.

Comment

Can you tell me how many times Bargnani was given the Kobe defensive assignment out on the perimeter?

Comment

If we are re-visiting this trade scenario, why don't we re-visit the fact that MJ pull out of the deal. The original proposal has Jose + fillers going to Bobcats for Tyson Chandler + Diaw, they didn't end up doing it but now they are coming back with Diaw + Damp (who they traded for chandler) ?
                          I think we all wanted chandler better than damp, since Damp's just an expiring contract while chandler's reppin team USA. C'mon MJ stop screwing with Canadian fans

Comment

Getting tweets asking if there's any substance to internet rumbles about a Calderon-to-CHA deal involving Dampier's contract. In a word? NO
                            http://twitter.com/STEIN_LINE_HQ/status/24163142292

Dampier does becomes eligible Monday to be packaged w/other Bobcats in trades. But I've been firmly told CHA and TOR not discussing Calderon
                            http://twitter.com/STEIN_LINE_HQ/status/24163289787

Comment

I missed the trade eligibility factor on Dampier as of Monday.

I think that this makes more sense regarding the Monday comment in the article than my FIBA comment.

My bad.

Yes I do make may fair share of mistakes.

Fortunately not all of them are caught by other posters
                              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

I'd do the trade in a heart beat. Well maybe not before, but now that Jose is injured definitely. Thing is, why would Charlotte want an injured PG who is owed $10M over the next three years (Does anyone know how long his injury is estimated?). But Diaw would be a good addition, he is extremely versatile, can play at the 3 and can play at the 4. And when we play small ball, he can also be the center...
                                As for the trade for Augustin, I would do it. Thing is, Augustin isn't proven, and is more of a scoring PG, like Jack, and it's never good to have two scoring PGs.
                                But I don't see these trades happening, now that Jose is injured...

Comment

Working...
                                X