Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Will Be The First Raptors Player Thrown Under The Bus in 10-11?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Will Be The First Raptors Player Thrown Under The Bus in 10-11?

Okay, here is the other side like it or not
    Johnson
    13.79%
    DeRozan
    6.90%
    Weems
    3.45%
    Calderon
    24.14%
    Kleiza
    0.00%
    Jack
    3.45%
    Davis
    0.00%
    Barbosa
    3.45%
    Bargnani
    44.83%
    Other
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

wow everyone choose Johnson. I actually kind of agree with this, Ed Davis might have a hard time to though being a rookie going against strong legit 4's in the league

Comment

Hands down Bargs. Johnson will be much better than most people think. Let's put it in perspective, in Detroit, he was deep in the bench due to their frontcourt depth. He was supposed to be the future four for the Bucks until Hammond mysteriously went after Warrick and eventually traded Johnson him to the Raps. He's 23 people - I have milk in my fridge older than this guy. If the numbers and history suggests, he has 2 full seasons to really blossom. He will be good. The problem is that, most fans didn't really know Johnson's game prior to coming to the Raps. It seems that to many, the signing almost came out of left field. This guy is active, mobile and hustles - you cannot teach those attributes in the NBA. He will not take over games and he will not dominate opponents. What he will give you are executed pick and rolls when called upon and immediate help defence when needed (which ironically gets him into foul trouble because the people in front of them are losing their assignments from time to time). He doesn't have a mid-range game (working on it), but he will be your quintessential "garbage man". That is fine by me.

Bargs on the other hand will have a strong opening month (my prediction points to him averaging 25 pts for the opening month), but the kid WILL FADE. The "dear-caught-in-the-headlight" look is permanent people. He's awkward with that Italian GQ photo spread, he's awkward down low and he's awkward at defending mediocre NBA centers. The Red Rocket will leave it's imminent tire marks on Mr. Bargani's face.

PS> I forgot to make a point with this signing in relation to Bosh's contract. Between Bosh and Johnson there will be an inverse relationship to the results: Bosh will be good at the first 3 years of his 6-year contract and BAD later on. Johnson will be ok on the first 2 but great on the last 3. I know speak with such conviction, but until proven wrong, I get say these things.
      Last edited by Balls of Steel; Sat Sep 11, 2010, 11:23 AM.
      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
        Okay, here is the other side like it or not
        Buddah, I looked at your Avatar and said whatever. I google her afterwards and there was momentary lapse on my part when I saw larger photos of her. I actually forgot what my name was.
        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
          Buddah, I looked at your Avatar and said whatever. I google her afterwards and there was momentary lapse on my part when I saw larger photos of her. I actually forgot what my name was.
          Nawal Ayoub

Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
            Nawal Ayoub

+9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 99nfhrenfygrebhkbKGDBEKMFNWMNydgenimwh9

Comment

Calderon is on Raptors' death row. Strike him off the list.

Amir Johnson just signed a big contract so he's a possibility if he doesn't take a step forward.

DeMar will be taking a step forward so no worries there

Bargnani seems to be a fan favorite punching bag and now that he's "the man", for now, add him to the list as probably the most likely.

I think everyone else will be flying under the anger radar so the rest are safe as long as they work hard.

Comment

No doubt in my mind, its going to be Bargnani. He is technically our best player but he is always the first one to choke when faced with adversity.

Comment

For those that don't know. The lady in the Avatar is Nawal Ayoub Valderrama.
                  Budda thats not fair. How can anyone argue with you when thats your avatar. Its like "Johnson's foul rate will increase becaus...... Damn. What was i saying"
                  What if... Blazers had drafted both Drexler, Jordan?

From 1992 Beginner's Guide to the NBA Finals, The Oregonian's special section. Published 6/3/1992.

Michael Jordan was the #3 pick in the 1984 draft, after Portland selected Sam Bowie second.

Comment

Jordan-Drexler wrote: View Post
                    Budda thats not fair. How can anyone argue with you when thats your avatar. Its like "Johnson's foul rate will increase becaus...... Damn. What was i saying"
                    Dude, he purposely did it to get on his side of the argument. I cannot for the life of me criticizes anything he says now, lol!

Comment

matt wrote: View Post
                      Dude, he purposely did it to get on his side of the argument. I cannot for the life of me criticizes anything he says now, lol!
                      LOL

Nawal is flat out drop dead gorgeous.

Even got her photo up on my "photo monitor" for now

However, the incomparable KK will return to her rightful place in a bit

Comment

I'm sorry, I thought we ran over Bargnani 3 blocks ago.

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                          I'm sorry, I thought we ran over Bargnani 3 blocks ago.
                          Stick around until the games start if you don't know what "driving the bus" and "under the bus" mean with respect to Raptors Republic.

Comment

JJ, once people realized we just promoted a backup PG to replace another (soon departing) backup PG.

Comment

im sorry but taht chick looks like a crackhead in buddahs avatar. its small and blurry, and her face looks sketchy and the shirt looks stained. not distracting at all. the girl is beautiful though, and there's way better pics out there. what an insult to her using that as your avatar.

[/rant]

Comment

Working...
                              X