Lithuania vs Team USA - Kleiza Stinks Up the Court In the First Half

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JalenRose5 wrote: View Post
    Very Well Said. I hope Kleiza proves me wrong, but the only reason he did well in Greece was because he was playing in Greece. It's like any decent hockey player going to play professional hockey in India, it doesn't say much, and I don't care what people say about the level of competition, it won't be to the same caliber of the NBA and if we keep importing these Euro league players hoping they are going to win us a championship because they have a different mentality, and are more team oriented we are delusional. Develop our YGZ and preach defense. I think it's time to bring back Butch Carter.
    I don't think defense and Brian Colangelo are supposed to be related. As long as BC is the GM of our team, the Raps defense will continue to suck. We can import Euro players if they are willing to play defense, we can even use some Euro offensive schemes(see Utah Jazz) but Euro players with all flash and no substance(terrible defense) has been the bane of this team. How did the San Antonio Spurs win with the Euro players? Through smart scouting (which MLSE is not willing to acquire, little money invested and huge profits seem to be MLSE's watchword) of Euro players to surround around the American and "highly defensively good"(note the emphasis) superstar. A basketball team is a team of two wings stretching the floor through their 3 point shots and playing above average perimeter defense, a center who is an enforcer, lays some players coming into the post on the ground, not smiling, all business, rebounds the heck out of the ball, plays huge help defense and sets solid screens, a PF rebounding and able to can mid-range jumpers once in a while and a PG to set up team-mates in good situations. A model for a championship contending team is a wing or small and a big man(see Lakers with Kobe and Pau Gasol, Boston with Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett, Orlando with Dwight Howard and Jameer Nelson and San Antonio Spurs with Tim Duncan and Tony Parker, the Detroit championship team was an anomaly). We can see the dynamics of both teams which BC seems unable to understand..

Comment

smushmush wrote: View Post
      I don't think defense and Brian Colangelo are supposed to be related. As long as BC is the GM of our team, the Raps defense will continue to suck. We can import Euro players if they are willing to play defense, we can even use some Euro offensive schemes(see Utah Jazz) but Euro players with all flash and no substance(terrible defense) has been the bane of this team. How did the San Antonio Spurs win with the Euro players? Through smart scouting (which MLSE is not willing to acquire, little money invested and huge profits seem to be MLSE's watchword) of Euro players to surround around the American and "highly defensively good"(note the emphasis) superstar. A basketball team is a team of two wings stretching the floor through their 3 point shots and playing above average perimeter defense, a center who is an enforcer, lays some players coming into the post on the ground, not smiling, all business, rebounds the heck out of the ball, plays huge help defense and sets solid screens, a PF rebounding and able to can mid-range jumpers once in a while and a PG to set up team-mates in good situations. A model for a championship contending team is a wing or small and a big man(see Lakers with Kobe and Pau Gasol, Boston with Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett, Orlando with Dwight Howard and Jameer Nelson and San Antonio Spurs with Tim Duncan and Tony Parker, the Detroit championship team was an anomaly). We can see the dynamics of both teams which BC seems unable to understand..
      AGREED! That's why I still can't and won't ever support the drafting of Andrea Bargnani! All we needed was a wing player. We had bosh and villanueva at the time! So what's the logical move you ask BC? Let's draft another power forward!! Stupid Idiot Colangelo! It makes me soo angry still to this day, I wanna cry!

Comment

Generally speaking drafting for need appose to value doesn't really turn out good in the long run most of the time.

Comment

AGREED! That's why I still can't and won't ever support the drafting of Andrea Bargnani! All we needed was a wing player. We had bosh and villanueva at the time! So what's the logical move you ask BC? Let's draft another power forward!! Stupid Idiot Colangelo! It makes me soo angry still to this day, I wanna cry!
          Well, in defense of Colangelo, he traded Villanueva (who doesn't play defense) for a good, young PG, which was the Raptors biggest need, and Bargnani is a center, not a PF. The pick was between Aldridge and Bargnani in most people's minds. Neither of them is a wing player.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Yeah, you did know that Bargs was pretty much discussed no.1 pick? If we didn't draft Bargs, we would have gotten Aldridge, and eventhough his rebounding and probably defense is better than Bargs, I still prefer Bargs. All the top picks of the draft were all forwards or big men. Bargs, Alrdidge, Gay, Thomas etc...

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
              Well, in defense of Colangelo, he traded Villanueva (who doesn't play defense) for a good, young PG, which was the Raptors biggest need, and Bargnani is a center, not a PF. The pick was between Aldridge and Bargnani in most people's minds. Neither of them is a wing player.
              Colangelo drafted the White version of Charlie Villanueva! We are no better with bargnani than we were with Villanueva!

Sorry for the bargnani thread. I hope Linas Kleiza will do good for the Raps, I already think he's better than turkoglu at half the price!

Comment

Colangelo drafted the White version of Charlie Villanueva! We are no better with bargnani than we were with Villanueva!

Sorry for the bargnani thread. I hope Linas Kleiza will do good for the Raps, I already think he's better than turkoglu at half the price!
                I am not convinced that Kleiza is better than Turk.

However, I do think that with the Raptors current roster makeup that Kleiza will be a much better fit both on and off the court. That he will be better for the Raptors in 10-11 than Turk was last season.

However I am not convinced that Kleiza is a better player than Turk is.

In order for a player to maximize their talent they need to be in the right situation. Toronto was not the right situation for Turk at all. Yes he had a bad attitude but who really knows what caused it to go south. It was just a bad relationship and Turk was not very effective as a player for the Raptors.
                Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Working...
                X