Thread: Ariza Gets 1 Game For His "Tito Santana Flying Elblow" Attempt on DeMar

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ariza Gets 1 Game For His "Tito Santana Flying Elblow" Attempt on DeMar

Thank god although I would of gone for 3 games. Could you imagine how many he would of gotten had he connected with the back of DeMar's head? That's McSorley/Brashear all over again.

Rockets forward Trevor Ariza said Monday that he has been suspended one game by the NBA for throwing a forearm at Toronto's DeMar DeRozan in Sunday's loss to the Raptors.

"It was a heat of the moment thing," Ariza said. "I lost my composure for a second. I got my penalty and I'll do whatever I have to do. I'm just trying to move past it and move forward. I look forward to watching my team play tomorrow and then playing against Denver."

Ariza is expected to sit out Tuesday’s game against Detroit at Toyota Center.

Ariza is the Rockets' second-leading scorer, averaging 17 points per game.
    Source - Click here

Post Thanks / Like

I think the Raptor need to throw a few elbows because maybe then they would get more respect from teams like Boston?
    Last edited by Apollo; Mon Dec 14th, 2009 at 05:55 PM.

Raptors Republic Rookie Creebrave's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

throwing elbows in the manner that Ariza did, does not get you respect...

Post Thanks / Like

It draws a line in the sand. It sends a message that you're not to be messed with. You don't think what happened is going to affect DeMar psychologically? I'm telling you, the Raptors need to send some guys to the deck one way or another. Its not pretty but no one in the league respect these soft players right now, why would they?

Post Thanks / Like

A 1 game suspension is exactly what I expected. Stu Jackson dropped the ball on this one...I thought he should of gotten around 3-5. His intent was to hurt DD. Just imagine if he had connected! Lost any respect I had for Ariza. It was just a straight up sucker move on his part. Next time Raps play the Rockets I wanna see some hard fouls on dude. Clean-but hard!

Post Thanks / Like

^^^^^
    Me to 40 Cal, I knew he was gonna get 1 day but w/e atleast he got something IMO it shoulda been 2-3 days though
    Last name ever, first name greatest

Post Thanks / Like

Quote .40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
    A 1 game suspension is exactly what I expected. Stu Jackson dropped the ball on this one...I thought he should of gotten around 3-5. His intent was to hurt DD. Just imagine if he had connected! Lost any respect I had for Ariza. It was just a straight up sucker move on his part. Next time Raps play the Rockets I wanna see some hard fouls on dude. Clean-but hard!
    You won't see it happen because they're soft and don't take care of their own. The Raptors have no teeth, no claws...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    You won't see it happen because they're soft and don't take care of their own. The Raptors have no teeth, no claws...
    What kinda Dinos are they?! Herbivores is my guess.

Naw but I slowly see this team becoming tougher. I think the Pierce/Bosh incident kind of gave the team a kicc in the ass (most of them anyways). Do I think the Raps as a team will ever reach Boston/Atlanta/Chicago level toughness? No. But I think they are no longer the automatic pushovers they once were.

...Still waiting for Bargs to bring the emotion/intensity/toughness though.

Post Thanks / Like

Would you like to explain that one? You don't like the idea of the Raptors striking back, clean or not?

Quote .40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
    What kinda Dinos are they?! Herbivores is my guess.

Naw but I slowly see this team becoming tougher. I think the Pierce/Bosh incident kind of gave the team a kicc in the ass (most of them anyways). Do I think the Raps as a team will ever reach Boston/Atlanta/Chicago level toughness? No. But I think they are no longer the automatic pushovers they once were.

...Still waiting for Bargs to bring the emotion/intensity/toughness though.
    I hope you're right. A team is like a family. If someone assaulted a person's brother or father, that person probably would be quick to come to their side. That's how I believe a team should operate too. I would go out on a limb and say that even the softest hockey team in the NHL has enough courage to come to bat for their teammates when some cheap shots them.

If Ariza connected, who would have stepped up for DeRozan?
    Last edited by Apollo; Tue Dec 15th, 2009 at 08:29 AM.

Thread Information