Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: YG'z Are Here: When Is Bargnani Coming Back To Toronto?

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,613
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default YG'z Are Here: When Is Bargnani Coming Back To Toronto?

    The YG'z (Amir, DD, Sonny) are in the TDot. Captain Jack is in the City. #1 draft pick Ed "Bad Luck" Davis has arrived. JDorsey is in the Town. Evans' is making moves around the TDot. Alabi is in TO as is Wright. Kleiza, Andersen and Barbosa just finished playing in the recent FIBA tournament so they get some slack but they should be in TO as soon as possible as well. I don't know if Banks' is in Toronto yet. Jose arrival date- anyone? That being said shouldn't the Franchise player- Bargnani, be arriving sooner rather than later if there is any hope of building some team chemistry to take over onto the court this preseason?

    When is Bargnani coming back to Toronto? What's the over/under on his arrival date?

    I think that he will most likely arrive 2-3 days before training camp begins.

    Any other guesses?
    Last edited by SirChillyMost; Thu Sep 16th, 2010 at 12:37 AM.

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I was wondering myself when the imported "mercenaries" from the other continents will start to show up at the ACC.

    Maybe they will just fly into Vancouver and miss this entire two week pre-pre-season team practices and activities in Toronto
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Starter Papa Burgundy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    560
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
    The YG'z minus EDavis are in town. JDorsey is in town. Shouldn't the Franchise player be arriving sooner rather than later if there is any hope of building some team chemistry to take over onto the court this preseason?

    When is Bargnani coming back to Toronto? What's the over/under on his arrivial date?

    I think that he will most likely arrive 2-3 days before training camp begins.

    Any other guesses?
    This is likely a reason that Marco was sent out of town ... so Bargs will gel with the YGZ ... not go speak Italian in the corner with Marco.
    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic Rookie brakeman1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    99
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    bargs is not the franchise player anymore. Lead by example or words, I've seen neither of the two from him. I guess that's why Demar's posters are plastered all over Toronto.

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    130
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I appreciate Mr. Derozan's... but are we really willing to accept the fact that Mr. Derozan will one day become the face of this franchise if his ceiling is only an Igoudala? Let's give Bargnani a chance to prove himself this year --- either he can be the face or the complement.

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Mississauga
    Posts
    1,570
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Jaworski wrote: View Post
    I appreciate Mr. Derozan's... but are we really willing to accept the fact that Mr. Derozan will one day become the face of this franchise if his ceiling is only an Igoudala? Let's give Bargnani a chance to prove himself this year --- either he can be the face or the complement.
    I would love it if he played like Iguodala.

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    285
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    According to his Twitter self...

    September 6th - "back in Canada soon...starting to miss TO"
    September 14th - "last few days in Italy...working out and enjoying Rome..."

    http://twitter.com/andreabargnani

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,436
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote jrdyck wrote: View Post
    According to his Twitter self...

    September 6th - "back in Canada soon...starting to miss TO"
    September 14th - "last few days in Italy...working out and enjoying Rome..."

    http://twitter.com/andreabargnani
    Fixed
    September 14th - "last few days in Italy...working out and enjoying having sex with my hot girlfriend in Rome..."

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic Rookie brakeman1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    99
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Jaworski wrote: View Post
    I appreciate Mr. Derozan's... but are we really willing to accept the fact that Mr. Derozan will one day become the face of this franchise if his ceiling is only an Igoudala? Let's give Bargnani a chance to prove himself this year --- either he can be the face or the complement.
    who told you Igoudala was the ceiling. andrea has had enough chances to fail. He was hand picked with the #1 draft pick and had it taken from him by a guy that appears to be putting in the time and work in terms of P.R and work ethic, doing all the things you want your franchise player to do. This year is Derozan's for the taking lets see if he lives up to the hype he has created.

  10. #10
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,302
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
    The YG'z minus EDavis are in town. JDorsey is in town. Shouldn't the Franchise player be arriving sooner rather than later if there is any hope of building some team chemistry to take over onto the court this preseason?
    I'm not worried about chemistry between Bargnani and the rest of the team. He's played a great deal with Jack, Calderon, Johnson, DeRozan and Weems. I think Kleiza and him will gel very quickly as Kleiza approaches the game in a similar way to that of Jorge Garbaosa, a player whom Bargnani loved playing with in the past. It's great that some players show up early but it's not always needed and it's not always the best option for everyone. Camp and exhibition play should be enough for him to work out any kinks with a first unit of guys he played with all last season with the exception of Kleiza.

  11. #11
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    I'm not worried about chemistry between Bargnani and the rest of the team. He's played a great deal with Jack, Calderon, Johnson, DeRozan and Weems. I think Kleiza and him will gel very quickly as Kleiza approaches the game in a similar way to that of Jorge Garbaosa, a player whom Bargnani loved playing with in the past. It's great that some players show up early but it's not always needed and it's not always the best option for everyone. Camp and exhibition play should be enough for him to work out any kinks with a first unit of guys he played with all last season with the exception of Kleiza.
    What is happening now; i.e the North Americans in Toronto working out together with the non-North American players not there will create a mindset of us vs them.

    Its understandable that Kleiza is taking a short break. Calderon is still recovering from his injury.

    However, Bargnani should be in Toronto right now unless he has a valid reason, that we don't know about for not being there.

    it appears that he is absent in action when he could be there so he is intentionally setting himself apart.

    It is like he is saying with his nose in the air.

    I am BC's boy, the number #1 draft pick. With Bosh gone the Raptors will revolve around me in 10-11. Word is that he does read Raptors Republic :) Nothing important will happen until I get there. These are just a bunch of role players on the supporting cast waiting for the "star" to enter the stage before the main scene of the play that will be 10-11 begins.

    It does not send a good message at all.

    The Raptors coach and Captain Jack or whoever steps up to be the leader of the players needs to see that this doesn't happen again in 10-11 like it did in 09-10.

    Bosh was a star and the other players respected him.

    Bargnani is not a star and it would not take a lot for other players to start to squeeze him out. He really needs to make an extra effort to be there with these guys even it takes time away from being with his girlfriend playing whatever games they play together.
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Wed Sep 15th, 2010 at 10:08 PM.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,613
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    I'm not worried about chemistry between Bargnani and the rest of the team. He's played a great deal with Jack, Calderon, Johnson, DeRozan and Weems. I think Kleiza and him will gel very quickly as Kleiza approaches the game in a similar way to that of Jorge Garbaosa, a player whom Bargnani loved playing with in the past. It's great that some players show up early but it's not always needed and it's not always the best option for everyone. Camp and exhibition play should be enough for him to work out any kinks with a first unit of guys he played with all last season with the exception of Kleiza.
    Usually with most NBA teams their players who live out of town start showing up in said cities at the start of September but because with FIBA ending September 13 they will show up a little later this year. That being said the open runs with teammates especially a team with alot of new faces is how they learn each other's game, personality before training camp begins.

    If Bargnani was the leader of this team he would be there in TO in my mind ready to lead the Raptor's in his 1st year as the Franchise player (I can see DeMar as the Franchise before the season is over).

    Kleiza is no Garbo, Garbo was far more skilled and experienced when he came to Toronto. I hope Kleiza isn't handed the starting SF job (as BC has let slip out of his mouth) and has to earn it because I can easily see Weems & DeRozan as the Rap's starting wing players if training camp play decides who starts and/or gets into the rotation not BC via Jay playing contracts over talent.

    Camp & exhibition play are great but true team chemistry comes away from the court. As a matter of fact I can see the best Raptor units being sans Bargnani. The earlier players get into town the better. Just like with winning, losing and its habits can become habitual.

    The YG'z are showing how you claim a city as NBA players!!!! Show up early (preseason) and stay late (playoffs)!!!!
    Last edited by SirChillyMost; Thu Sep 16th, 2010 at 12:48 AM.

  13. #13
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    123
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    However, Bargnani should be in Toronto right now unless he has a valid reason, that we don't know about for not being there.

    it appears that he is absent in action when he could be there so he is intentionally setting himself apart.

    It is like he is saying with his nose in the air.

    I am BC's boy, the number #1 draft pick. With Bosh gone the Raptors will revolve around me in 10-11. Word is that he does read Raptors Republic :) Nothing important will happen until I get there. These are just a bunch of role players on the supporting cast waiting for the "star" to enter the stage before the main scene of the play that will be 10-11 begins.
    That's quite a vivid imagination you have. Did you dream all of that up all by yourself?

  14. #14
    Raptors Republic Rookie RaptorRoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    191
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
    Usually with most NBA teams their players who live out of town start showing up in said cities at the start of September but because with FIBA ending September 13 they will show up a little later this year. That being said the open runs with teammates especially a team with alot of new faces is how they learn each other's game, personality before training camp begins.

    If Bargnani was the leader of this team he would be there in TO in my mind ready to lead the Raptor's in his 1st year as the Franchise player (I can see DeMar as the Franchise before the season is over).

    Kleiza is no Garbo, Garbo was far more skilled and experienced when he came to Toronto. I hope Kleiza isn't handed the starting SF job (as BC has let slip out of his mouth) and has to earn it because I can easily see Weems & DeRozan as the Rap's starting wing players if training camp play decides who starts and/or gets into the rotation not BC via Jay playing contracts over talent.

    Camp & exhibition play are great but true team chemistry comes away from the court. As a matter of fact I can see the best Raptor units being sans Bargnani. The earlier players get into town the better. Just like with winning, losing and its habits can become habitual.

    The YG'z are showing how you claim a city as NBA players!!!! Show up early (preseason) and stay late (playoffs)!!!!


    Obviously you forgot that Bargs has been playing his ass off in highly competitive euro games with the Italian nationals which lasted longer and rapped up a lot later than the LVSL games did for DD and Weems. Bargs can come into T.O a FEW days later than the Young Gunz and it won't affect any chemistry building between all of them one little bit. He and the Young Gunz will have plenty of time BEFORE camp to practice together and start working on that chemistry on and off the court.

    Bargs has already claimed this city and franchise long before the Young Gunz came along so their the ones who should get here before him and start working on establishing themselves.

  15. #15
    Raptors Republic Rookie brakeman1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    99
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorRoo wrote: View Post
    Obviously you forgot that Bargs has been playing his ass off in highly competitive euro games with the Italian nationals which lasted longer and rapped up a lot later than the LVSL games did for DD and Weems. Bargs can come into T.O a FEW days later than the Young Gunz and it won't affect any chemistry building between all of them one little bit. He and the Young Gunz will have plenty of time BEFORE camp to practice together and start working on that chemistry on and off the court.

    Bargs has already claimed this city and franchise long before the Young Gunz came along so their the ones who should get here before him and start working on establishing themselves.
    if barfs has claimed this franchise no wonder its in the state its in.

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,613
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorRoo wrote: View Post
    Obviously you forgot that Bargs has been playing his ass off in highly competitive euro games with the Italian nationals which lasted longer and rapped up a lot later than the LVSL games did for DD and Weems. Bargs can come into T.O a FEW days later than the Young Gunz and it won't affect any chemistry building between all of them one little bit. He and the Young Gunz will have plenty of time BEFORE camp to practice together and start working on that chemistry on and off the court.

    Bargs has already claimed this city and franchise long before the Young Gunz came along so their the ones who should get here before him and start working on establishing themselves.
    Obviously you are stuck on stupid- rewind and loop it...

    Bargnani, from the clips I watched, played less than for the most part and rebounded like a 4'11 girl.

    DeMar also played in the highly competitive LA Drew Summer League after Vegas finished up, buddy- step your Raptor game up.

    Bargnani hasn't claimed TO as he's only in TO during the season not much, if at all in the post season & summer months. While the YG'z are here all year round bouncing in and out of Toronto representing the Raptor's on a grass roots, non season ticket buyer level. Last I have seen of Bargnani he was coupled up with some flat booty average looking model for a GQ photo shoot.

    We'll see when Bargnani shows up in the TDot, I bet that he may be mad that Bellineli was traded.......
    Last edited by SirChillyMost; Fri Sep 17th, 2010 at 03:12 PM.

  17. #17
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote brakeman1 wrote: View Post
    if barfs has claimed this franchise no wonder its in the state its in.
    That is where all the Pundits will go wrong with regard to their 10-11 win total prediction for the Raptors

    Their assumption is that Bargnani will be the best Raptors player.

    10-11 actual games will prove them wrong.

    I would put Bargnani as the fourth or fifth best Raptos player especially when you give the proper weight to team defense.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  18. #18
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    204
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    That is where all the Pundits will go wrong with regard to their 10-11 win total prediction for the Raptors

    Their assumption is that Bargnani will be the best Raptors player.

    10-11 actual games will prove them wrong.

    I would put Bargnani as the fourth or fifth best Raptos player especially when you give the proper weight to team defense.
    Kleiza and Johnson are definitely more well rounded. Jack is a little erratic, and Derozan is still an unknown. It's hard to say who's the better scorer between Bargnani and Barbosa, but neither give you much of anything else.

    I'd put him 3rd for the moment until we see what we have in DD.

  19. #19
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Brasky wrote: View Post
    Kleiza and Johnson are definitely more well rounded. Jack is a little erratic, and Derozan is still an unknown. It's hard to say who's the better scorer between Bargnani and Barbosa, but neither give you much of anything else.

    I'd put him 3rd for the moment until we see what we have in DD.
    I am not sure that I wouldn't put Calderon ahead of Bargnani.

    Neither can play defense and in their own way they contribute to the Raptors offense.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,613
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Still waiting....................

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •