Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: YG'z Are Here: When Is Bargnani Coming Back To Toronto?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
    Still waiting....................
    Showing up early sure paid off for Davis.

The YG'z are showing how you claim a city as NBA players!!!! Show up early (preseason) and stay late (playoffs)!!!!
    Showing up early looks good, but talk to me when we stay late... it means nothing yet.

Word is that he does read Raptors Republic
    If Bargs does read Raptors Republic he should know better than to show up early. His role according to many Rap Republic members is to tank the year and get out of the way of the Young Gunz, thus ensuring a high draft pick.

I must say that team commitment is important and showing up early is commendable, but lets be realistic, it doesnt really matter when guys get here, as long as they are ready to go hard when the training camp really starts.
    As well, for those arguing over whose team this is... I think Triano said it best when he said,
    "Offensively, I thought the ball got stuck a lot last year," he said. "Different guys needed to have the ball in their hands. That's why I like some of the stuff that the European teams did as far as ball movement." link

So, I think this team belongs to... the team. The only way this group has a chance is great team ball (offensively and defensively). Kleiza recognizes this as well,
    Linas Kleiza, the Toronto Raptors’ newcomer, believes that this upcoming season his team will manage to play without NBA star Chris Bosh. “Everybody didn’t expect that our Lithuanian national team will be on podium in 2010 FIBA Worlds. Perhaps this season we won’t shine but we won’t surrender without a fight. And how it could be with such great guys like Calderon, Barbosa, Johnson, Bargnani, DeRozan. You can write – European trio, Kleiza, Calderon and Bargnani, will survive without Bosh,” Kleiza, the Lithuanian NT team member, said.
    link

I just hope lines like that last one don't recreate the American-European divide from last year.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
    Still waiting....................
    Are you an airport limo driver?

[jokes...]

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote BC Boy wrote: View Post
    Showing up early sure paid off for Davis.

Showing up early looks good, but talk to me when we stay late... it means nothing yet.

If Bargs does read Raptors Republic he should know better than to show up early. His role according to many Rap Republic members is to tank the year and get out of the way of the Young Gunz, thus ensuring a high draft pick.

I must say that team commitment is important and showing up early is commendable, but lets be realistic, it doesnt really matter when guys get here, as long as they are ready to go hard when the training camp really starts.
    As well, for those arguing over whose team this is... I think Triano said it best when he said,
    "Offensively, I thought the ball got stuck a lot last year," he said. "Different guys needed to have the ball in their hands. That's why I like some of the stuff that the European teams did as far as ball movement." link

So, I think this team belongs to... the team. The only way this group has a chance is great team ball (offensively and defensively). Kleiza recognizes this as well,

link

I just hope lines like that last one don't recreate the American-European divide from last year.
    Davis could have gotten injured anywhere and at anytime- recognize game, or not.

Showing up early is a solid start- a good indicator of the mentality it takes to eventually succeed in the NBA as it's a marathon not a sprint plus it does mean something as it shows the individual will to get better & compete in each player.

The ball got stuck at Mr. 20 & 10- it could have been alot worse as the ball could have been getting stuck with Bargnani- oh, this year it will.lol It'll be interesting to see how BC's, Gherardini's & Jay's European based basketball ideology works out in 2010-11 ie mostly all offense, very little defense- Barg's as the Franchise player.

This is the NBA not FIBA........run motion and/or flex based offenses and pass the ball around you don't need some crappy FIBA inspired sets- really now Jay sounds rather silly now.

European Trio- that's Jose, Kleiza & Bargnani's Raptor clique. Euro Trio & YG'z.........who ya wit!!!!(Bernie Mac voice)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote golden wrote: View Post
    Are you an airport limo driver?

[jokes...]
    No.lol

I'm just waiting for Bargnani to arrive in the TDot as he is the Raptor's current Franchise player- is he not?

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

He's back
    Is great to be back 23 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®
    http://twitter.com/AndreaBargnani
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information