Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESPN Insider: Chad Ford grades summer moves, Raptors get a...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sirchilly Bosh is a crap defender. You should change your team and get of the board as this board is for RAPTOR FANS not Chris Bosh fans. Maybe you should take that doobie out of your mouth and go find a MIAMI board

Comment

Frankthetank wrote: View Post
      Sirchilly Bosh is a crap defender. You should change your team and get of the board as this board is for RAPTOR FANS not Chris Bosh fans. Maybe you should take that doobie out of your mouth and go find a MIAMI board
      To suggest that this team is better off without Bosh is very optimistic. Stop being a hater. He went to play in Miami. Fine. This this organization was fine and existed prior to Bosh joining this team and it'll continue to exist after his departure. But you shouldn't discredit him as a player and what he did for the Raptors.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
        Good catch

my bad.

Bargnani vs Bargnani - Slight improvement in 10-11
        Does no one stay the same or regress? Everyone improves? Sometimes it doesn't always happen that way, friend. I'd love to share your optimistic outlook for this season, but I'd rather keep my hopes guarded.

Comment

I was bashing Chad Ford in my mind until he clarified his ranking scheme on one his tweets. The grade wasn't on how good the team will be next year, but weighing the + and -'s of the off-season moves.

For that reason if according to him a B- is the first ranking for a team that improved in the off-season, I'd give the team a C.

D+ shows that he values the loss of Bosh and possibly Turk as greater than what I'd grade.

GM -N/A (Lose an assistant GM, but I don't its that significant).
          Head Coach -N/A
          Assistant Coaches - ++, the two assistants we brought in is greater than the one assistant we lost.

Bosh- For Draft picks, a large trade exception and cap space is a -- loss.
          Turk for Barbosa - I'd give it a +, we save long-term cap room and get a younger player who will fit in better, with slightly less talent.
          Bellinelli for Wright - I'd give it a small +, but it's pretty much a lateral move.
          Addition of Davis and Alabi - Is one +, Alabi is still a project.
          Kleiza for Wright - Is a +.
          Anderson - Negligible addition.
          Dorsey - ""

The loss of Patrick O'Bryant and Nesterovic is a Negligible loss.

So, I'd give 4 + for 2 -- = about a B-. Let's say the loss of Bosh is greater, then at most it would bring the grade down to a C.
          -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
          -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Mango i disagree with you on Bosh's contributions to the team. Bosh was the best offensive player on the team Guarenteed but he packed it in early. HOW DO YOU THINK THAT EFFECTS YOUR TEAMMATES? I would say when your best player isn't playing defense or stops caring about the success of the team. The rest of the team is effected in a negative way. So please answer how this outweighs his offensive contributions.

Comment

Mango i disagree with you on Bosh's contributions to the team. Bosh was the best offensive player on the team Guarenteed but he packed it in early. HOW DO YOU THINK THAT EFFECTS YOUR TEAMMATES? I would say when your best player isn't playing defense or stops caring about the success of the team. The rest of the team is effected in a negative way. So please answer how this outweighs his offensive contributions.
              As a fan, sometimes it's easy to sit back and criticize. Bosh was this team's leading scorer and rebounder for years. He was this team's only all-star. He also had little help. As for you taking the fact that he sat out extra games due to injury, in a contract season, you want to make sure you're not only 100% for yourself for the present run, but also for the future. Bosh knows his body better than anyone else. When coming off and injury, you have to ensure that you're not only physically ready to come back, but mentally ready. Perhaps he wasn't mentally ready. What if he came back from his ankle injury early and really messed it up ( much like what Grant Hill did). Then in his contract year, what really would he be worth? I don't blame him for doing him. If you were in the same situation, you'd be doing the same thing.

Comment

You didn't answer the question. How does Bosh's reduction (Stats blocks and steals down) in defense and his inability to fight through injuries and to be a team leader Not effect the rest of the team in a NEGATIVE FASHION. You just made a bunch of excuses comparing to grant hill which is ridiculous since Hill had a serious ankle injury while Chris didn't even have swelling on his ankle if you believe the doctors.

Comment

Can you say- Vagina monologues?

Comment

You didn't answer the question. How does Bosh's reduction (Stats blocks and steals down) in defense and his inability to fight through injuries and to be a team leader Not effect the rest of the team in a NEGATIVE FASHION. You just made a bunch of excuses comparing to grant hill which is ridiculous since Hill had a serious ankle injury while Chris didn't even have swelling on his ankle if you believe the doctors.
                    Stat blocks down? I'm sure he had been averaging a steal a game for the past 3-4 seasons. His steals were down .3 per game, not really a cause for concern. The guy put up career highs in points per game, field goal percentage and rebounds per game. His game got better. So how is that not leading? He's leading by example. His game improved. Come on brother, stop being a hater.

Comment

bosh's stats don't mean a damn thing. maybe if he wasnt such a black hole on offense, and a turnstile on defense, they might have won a little more. sure, his precious stats would suffer, but he'd have a chance to be a winner instead of the career loser he's molded himself into.

and he looks like one of the Skeksis from the Dark Crystal

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                        People make a big mistake when they compare Turk with Barbosa

They do not play the same positions

The proper comparisons for the 10-11 Raptors vs the 09-10 Raptors are

10-11 vs 09-10
                        -------------------
                        Johnson vs Bosh - Johnson will not be as good
                        Kleiza vs Turk - Kleiza will be better
                        Barbosa vs A. Wright - Barbosa will be better
                        Davis vs Johnson - unknown, could go either way
                        Jack vs Jack - should be a slight improvement in 10-11
                        Calderon vs Calderon - should be the same or an improvement in 10-11
                        DeRozan vs DeRozan - will be a big improvement in 10-11
                        Bargnani vs Bargnani - slight improvement in 10-11
                        Andersen vs Rasho - will be an improvement in 10-11
                        Reggie/Dorsey vs Reggie - will be an improvement in 10-11
                        J. Wright vs POB - will be an improvement in 10-11
                        Alabi vs PMB - probably not material unless Alabi surprises to the upside.

So of all the comparisons between 10-11 and 09-10 I see only one that will be a downgrade Johnson vs Bosh. Davis vs Johnson could go either way.

The rest of the roster should all be better in 10-11 vs 09-10 with some like DeRozan showing a major improvement.

It seems to me that all those improvements will lead to a better Raptors team in 10-11 than in 09-10 if

Odds are preliminary pending the completion of the pre-season
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        1. Johnson can play at least 30 + mpg ---- odds 30% - 70%
                        2. DeRozan can make the jump in his game that I expect - 65% - 35%
                        3. Davis can get up to speed and carry his own relatively quickly. 45% - 55%

If none of those three things happen then the Raptors could very easily be worse in 10-11 then in 09-10

The possibility is there that the Raptors could become better in 10-11 then in 09-10. It doesn't take an ESPN insider to figure that out.

We shall see.
                        Link from "Has the EC Gotten Stronger vs the WC Since the June 10 Draft?
                        Hotshot wrote:
                        "You also have to look directly on the teams, who's gotten better and who's gotten worse:

Miami - Alot better
                        Chicago - Alot better
                        Orlando - same/worse
                        Millwauakee - better
                        Boston - same/better/worse
                        Atlanta - same/worse
                        New York - better
                        Philadelphia - better
                        Charlotte - worse/same
                        Indiana - better/same
                        Detroit - better/same
                        New Jersey - better
                        Toronto - alot worse
                        Washington - better/same
                        Cleveland - alot worse

Out of last season teams only 3 teams have gotten worse coming to this season: Toronto, Cleveland and Charlotte. While everyone else either stayed the same or gotten better."

Buddahfan wrote:
                        If you have any support to your statement, I am sure that all the readers would love to see it. At this point I don't have an opinion on the individual teams in the EC and whether they have gotten better or worse visa via each other. I want to see how the teams play the last four games of the pre-season before giving an opinion on it.
                        Buddah, I thought you were waiting after the last four games of the preseason to be giving unsubstantiated predictions on team improvement?
                        Last edited by BC Boy; Thu Sep 16, 2010, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Bosh's career average was 1.2 blocks a game his blocks were 1 a game last year. To make even worse is that Bosh averaged 1.4 blocks per game in his first year as 20 year old thats called REGRESSION.Steals down .3 a game. Also if you go through bosh's stats his only other year he rebounded like this year was 2006 his last CONTRACT YEAR. THat should tell you Chris's motivation. BOSH LOVERs

Comment

Why are people still posting comments about Bosh? Didn't he leave almost three months ago? Get over it people.
                            Deadallus

Comment

Working...
                            X