Hill high enough for the Hall?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hill high enough for the Hall?

"Sometimes I forget until maybe I watch a video or two (of his pre-injury days),'' said Hill, averaging 12.0 points this season, "I'm not going to sell myself or something like that, but I feel confident enough and not sounding arrogant that, if I hadn't have gotten hurt, I probably would (be a sure-fire Hall of Famer).
    "I'll put my (first) six years up against anybody's ... Bill Walton (made the Hall of Fame). How many years did he play healthy? Who knows? I'll keep my fingers crossed.''

Hill brings up a good point. While Hill has played in 811 career NBA games, the often-injured Walton only managed to get into 468.
    Walton, like Hill, won two NCAA titles, although Walton was one of the greatest college players ever. Walton did win two NBA titles and an MVP trophy, while Hill hasn't broken into either of those categories.
    http://nba.fanhouse.com/2009/12/14/w...e-hall-passes/

What are your thoughts on Grant Hill? I was a big fan in the early days and when he was to be paired with T-Mac in Orlando I thought it was going to be a contending combination but it was never meant to be. Should he make it? I think it all comes down to who he's competing against.

I don't know about to far back but he is a good player and I can bet he woulda been better had it not been for al those injuries in ORL
    Last name ever, first name greatest

Comment

He was at one time a top five player. In my opinion anyway.

Comment

No I don't think he should be in the Hall.

He did put up some really good stats in his first 6 years and was probably a top 5 player as someone mentioned but the Hall should determine his career as a whole not the first 6 years.

Alot of careers ended alot sooner due to injuries and injuries much like getting older while skills are being eroded is part of the game and part of life , I mean look at what happened to "penny" Hardaway or T-mac.

If you do want to look at his first 6 years then what has he accompolished other then putting up big numbers?! 7 all star appereances is nice but with no MVP trophies or even his inability to take his team past the first round of the playoffs sort of seals the fate for him.

No need to feel sorry for him, he did make alot of money in the process.
        Last edited by Hotshot; Wed Dec 16, 2009, 01:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X