Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 48

Thread: Jose would KILL the Skills Competition. Should have had a chance at least.

  1. #1
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    6,799
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Jose would KILL the Skills Competition. Should have had a chance at least.

    If Curry and Wall can represent bad teams in the Skills Comp, why shouldn't Jose have had a shot even at the Vote in. He's made for that thing.

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Because Calderon isn't a rising, young star (or current star) that the NBA wants to showcase.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

  3. #3
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,663
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    If Curry and Wall can represent bad teams in the Skills Comp, why shouldn't Jose have had a shot even at the Vote in. He's made for that thing.
    If he were a Laker he could be there I'm sure.

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic Starter knickz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    TDOT
    Posts
    689
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    thought he should have been there too...not because i'm a fanboy lol
    "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Rookie JalenRose5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    133
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Because he'll get injured!

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    173
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Because Calderon isn't a rising, young star (or current star) that the NBA wants to showcase.
    +1, also because he's a Raptor.

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic Rookie Madman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    49
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Because Calderon isn't a rising, young star (or current star) that the NBA wants to showcase.
    +1

    plus instead of taking the lay up he'd probably look to pass

  8. #8
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    6,799
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Madman wrote: View Post
    plus instead of taking the lay up he'd probably look to pass
    Hahaha Nice.

    Ya I suppose being young and exciting helps... but then how did Derek Fisher get into the Vote In?? haha

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    67
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Ummm. Jose's not in the skills competition cause he's got not skills. He's a terrible point guard and an awful basketball player.

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    15
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Riiiight, because terrible point guards make 19 assists in a game.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    157
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote smrt wrote: View Post
    Riiiight, because terrible point guards make 19 assists in a game.
    ramon sessions

    april 14 = 24 assists

    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/...PaB4?year=2007

    maybe he should be there too

  12. #12
    Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,729
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The difference is Calderon does it consistently.

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    67
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Consistently.

    Consistently blow layups, misses shots, gets muscled out of the way, helps the other team get layups, loses games for his teams.
    Everyone goes on about how all the Raptors are good players, but they lose all their games. They all suck, especially their starting point.
    Jose is terrible, Jordan wouldn't even take him for Diaw.

  14. #14
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    287
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'm so sick of haters on these forums. Shut up, keffyboy.

  15. #15
    Raptors Republic Starter drizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    271
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    He might do well in the skill competition, especially since there is no defense involved.

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    67
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'm a huge huge raptors fan. It's not my fault they suck. If you know anything about basketball you know that Calderon is a below average point guard. Way below.
    The raptors will lose until his contract expires. I'd put money on it.

  17. #17
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    6,799
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Well I'd like to think I know a thing or two about basketball... and I disagree with you.

    I think most around the league would agree that though he's perhaps not worth what his contract is paying him, he has an above average IQ, his vision is through the roof, he protects the rock, and though lately his jumper has been off, he's normally a VERY high percentage shooter. Check the stats. In my opinion saying Jose is 'Below Average' is pretty ridiculous when the guy is #5 in the league in assists, #2 in ast/to. Thats what PG's need to do FIRST and foremost. Defense, shooting, etc comes second. In my opinion. So above average.

    ADD: Scratch that, #1 in Ast/TO.

    ADD: Not to mention he's got more steals than Gerald Wallace, Derrick Rose, Devin Harris and Eric Gordon, among many others.
    Last edited by Joey; Mon Feb 21st, 2011 at 11:30 PM.

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    67
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Must lead the league in blown layups...

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    67
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Seriously, if he's as good as you guys say, why can't the Raptors trade him? Even if he was overpaid, some team somewhere must need a PG that good, and if he was that good, his salary wouldn't be that terrible.
    He's really overpaid because he's not very good. His salary should be around 2 million a year, but it's 10 million. He'll be a raptor for life cause he sucks and we're stuck with him so get used to many many many blown layups and losses.
    He sucks.

  20. #20
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    6,799
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Ok we get it keffy. You don't like him.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •