View Poll Results: Do you think Bryan Colangelo will get a contract extension?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 90.00%
  • No

1 10.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Colangelo Watch (Update In Post #14)

Post Thanks / Like

Is MLSE responsible for the re-building of the team and not Colangelo?

WolstatSun
    Also was told BC wanted to trade for vets and make playoff push earlier in year before losing skid but was "voted down by other voices."
    3 minutes ago via TweetDeck
    Later on, it was reported on the meetings with Colangelo

WolstatSun
    Source with knowledge of situation tells me 99% chance BC is re-upped, and likely for 5 years.

Post Thanks / Like

Contract years of management can be dangerous. It's only natural for a manager in such a situation to first secure his long term life with the organization and then place the team second. I can believe that rumor. If it is true then props to the board I guess for pulling the plug on band aid moves. I want this team to win the right way. The youth movement is on and that's the best path now.

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ugh yeah why would he do that? I'm gonna pretend I didn't read that and go back to the world I previously lived in where BC was making smart rebuilding moves.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Raptors Republic Starter jeff_hostetler's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

So long as the directive has been handed down that the Raps need to rebuild proper rather than sell everything for a shot at the playoffs, which isn't even possible at this point, Colangelo is the man I want captaining the ship.

The dude is an impeccable drafter. Given the situation the Raps are in at the moment, that's exactly what they need.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Employee wrote: View Post
    Ugh yeah why would he do that? I'm gonna pretend I didn't read that and go back to the world I previously lived in where BC was making smart rebuilding moves.
    Once you've been a Raps fan for more than 5 years you realize that living in a delusional fantasy world is an important skill to master - the reality is normally too awful to bear.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
    The dude is an impeccable drafter. Given the situation the Raps are in at the moment, that's exactly what they need.
    He is very good in drafts. I want to see him hold a roster together though. If he makes drastic changes again for the third off-season in a row I'm going to be pissed. That is, of course, assuming he's back...

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Matt52's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    He is very good in drafts. I want to see him hold a roster together though. If he makes drastic changes again for the third off-season in a row I'm going to be pissed. That is, of course, assuming he's back...
    Considering the guys under contract next year are Bargnani, Calderon, DD, Davis, Johnson, Alabi, Bayless, Kleiza, and possibly Barbosa, there could easily be 6 new faces (2 new draft picks and 4 more roster spots). Are Wright, Dorsey, Weems, Ajinca, Trey, Evans all going to back? I hope not all of them. Also, I wouldn't mind seeing some of the guaranteed contracts sent off either (actually only 2 guess which?).

Bottom line there could be 6 plus new faces.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I'd like to see Dorey and Evans back in the paint next season. I think Dorsey is Colangelo's call. Evans on the other hand will have many teams knocking. Right off the bat the Heat come to mind as a team who could desperately use a scrappy blue collar big man like Evans. Bosh isn't going to do that work and Haslem can't be expected to do it all.

I don't care if Weems is out but I would like to see Wright here again even if what he brings is not desperately needed. They need guys like Wright who can make an impact while not given the luxury of getting a good flow due to lack of consistent PT.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Matt52's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

TNT crew at ASG talking about Raps bright future.

great young players in barg and dd (actually forgot Ed)

cap space mentioned

more going on than the record shows

something to effect BC doing a good job up there

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The only true shake-up BC can do is trade Bargs and we all know that's not happening EVER.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    The only true shake-up BC can do is trade Bargs and we all know that's not happening EVER.

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

the prob with T.O teams is we always want to rebuild every few years... we give guys a chance & when the titles dont roll in right after we burn these guys out of town...

BC is a good GM... but even the best GM's Dont build championships over night... give it time...

my main prob. is Maurizio.... knowing the way BC operates.. he likes to have his managment team be able to have a voice & i think MG has a loud voice in that room, im sure hes the main reason we keep going after all these Euro's.. The so called Godfather of Euro-Ball is Killing US with all the turkydoo, & bargs... i doubt BC drafts Bargs without MG begging him to....

Maurizio Is the real prob. with this team... GET RID OF MG... NOT BC!

Raptors Republic Starter Raptorsss's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Colangelo should be extended only until 2012-2013 season, when the Raptors should be a legitimate playoff team again. He needs to be evaluated on how he improves a playoff team, since he has a poor record building around Bosh. He needs one more chance.
    -"You canít run from me. I mean, my heart donít bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"ďI ainít no diva! I donít have no blond hair, red hair. Iím Reggie Evans.Ē

Post Thanks / Like

I think if he's extended he's going to want something more long term than that. Otherwise what's the point in him signing on? It's not like he can't find a better offer on the market than a two year deal. I'm expecting a 4-5 year extension.

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

He just snagged James Johnson from Chicago, robbing them blind with Miami's 1st round pick! Sign the man to a long term contract. I dunno who's worse, Bryan Colangelo or Brian Burke?

Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    He just snagged James Johnson from Chicago, robbing them blind with Miami's 1st round pick! Sign the man to a long term contract. I dunno who's worse, Bryan Colangelo or Brian Burke?
    LOL hey James Johnson almost avg 20 points and 10 rebounds in the D league!! him and Trey Johnson are D leagues ALL STARS!! the potential is there!!! sign Colangelo to a long term deal so we can combine team Euro and team D league to the most powerful team in the league.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote hotshot wrote: View Post
    lol hey james johnson almost avg 20 points and 10 rebounds in the d league!! Him and trey johnson are d leagues all stars!! The potential is there!!! Sign colangelo to a long term deal so we can combine team euro and team d league to the most powerful team in the league.
    lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote phez wrote: View Post
    lol
    Aw man, don't laugh! It may be funny, but it just encourages them!

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

lol it's funny cause it's true.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
    What are the preseason win predictions for TO in 2010-11? 15-25? Get a grip and come equip as Bargnani is the Raptor's Franchise player now.

Bosh left TO because he wanted to- point blank, and yes your sh*t does stank.

BC and the truth are two different realities when discussing Boshs' free agency post all star break period- you believed that media hyped Bull Chit propaganda not I- recognize the lies, or not- Nell Carter.

Hissy fit? NBA Team's player's have been showing up at the start of September for training camp since Sikma was a Sonic- what do you really know about the NBA? Players can rest in the TDot- can they not? DeMar has been playing in the LA Summer Drew League as well as he played in Vegas- and? He's here ready to go to work but not one international player is currently in the TDot representing- that is a certified fact no matter what you believe or post to the contrary.

I think that you should go sit in the corner- son, you're str8 up over & done.

Fyi- leaders lead by example while toy boys like Bargnani follow so for now just follow the leader (YG'z!!!):

You are absolutely entitled to your opinion but your rant is prototyipcal of what is exactly wrong in Toronto sports. Since the Raptors joined the league in 1995, they have had 7 head coaching changes; 4 GM changes. In only 16 years of existence, that is alot of change and inconsistency.

While BC has certainly made some questionable moves, there is no denying that his moves were made to improve the team and to surround Bosh with capable talent. Who could have predicted that Hedo would have turned out that way. JO was decent when he wasnt injured. Lets not forget that BC is only GM to win a division title in team history, with a roster full of international (Euro) players.

Point being, BC has a credible name in the league, has had success in both Phoenix and Toronto. With the departure of Bosh, this is a fresh start for the Raptors, to start anew and build a new era and who better to head that rebuilding than a two time winner of GM of the year. Letting go of BC would set the raptors back a few more years and who out there, with BCs credentials, is available and willing to sign with the Raps?

Thread Information