Colangelo Watch (Update In Post #14)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

raps4ever in tdot:
    Hi Steve, Do you still believe that BC, should be given an extension and finish rebuilding the Raptors? Or do you have any GM you can suggest. Should the Raps replace Triano w/ K Jabbar?
    Stephen Litel:
    I'm of the belief that after losing such a big part of your team, it takes time to rebuild. Give them time.
    Source: HoopsWorld.com

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      Stephen Litel:
      I'm of the belief that after losing such a big part of your team, it takes time to rebuild. Give them time.
      I will give him time alright until the trade deadline. Colangelo got to do something significant that will positively affect the Raptors on a long term basis coming the trade deadline. So far I have yet to witness the boy genius from Pheonix I heard so much about.

Comment

Based on team performance: No

Based on team revenues: Yes

Now, knowing how MLSE operates...I think it's safe to say that Colangelo will get an extension.

Comment

Every GM besides Colangelo to ever run the team for any significant amount of time has entered the club with little to no experience. They failed miserably going that way. It's proven to not work in Toronto. My money is on them staying with the guy who has the experience and respect around the league and giving him another shot at making it work. If he fails, all bets are off in what direction they take.

Comment

nubreed000 wrote: View Post
            Based on team performance: No

Based on team revenues: Yes

Now, knowing how MLSE operates...I think it's safe to say that Colangelo will get an extension.

Comment

Is MLSE responsible for the re-building of the team and not Colangelo?

WolstatSun
              Also was told BC wanted to trade for vets and make playoff push earlier in year before losing skid but was "voted down by other voices."
              3 minutes ago via TweetDeck
              Later on, it was reported on the meetings with Colangelo

WolstatSun
              Source with knowledge of situation tells me 99% chance BC is re-upped, and likely for 5 years.

Comment

Contract years of management can be dangerous. It's only natural for a manager in such a situation to first secure his long term life with the organization and then place the team second. I can believe that rumor. If it is true then props to the board I guess for pulling the plug on band aid moves. I want this team to win the right way. The youth movement is on and that's the best path now.

Comment

Ugh yeah why would he do that? I'm gonna pretend I didn't read that and go back to the world I previously lived in where BC was making smart rebuilding moves.
                  Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

So long as the directive has been handed down that the Raps need to rebuild proper rather than sell everything for a shot at the playoffs, which isn't even possible at this point, Colangelo is the man I want captaining the ship.

The dude is an impeccable drafter. Given the situation the Raps are in at the moment, that's exactly what they need.

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
                      Ugh yeah why would he do that? I'm gonna pretend I didn't read that and go back to the world I previously lived in where BC was making smart rebuilding moves.
                      Once you've been a Raps fan for more than 5 years you realize that living in a delusional fantasy world is an important skill to master - the reality is normally too awful to bear.

Comment

jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
                        The dude is an impeccable drafter. Given the situation the Raps are in at the moment, that's exactly what they need.
                        He is very good in drafts. I want to see him hold a roster together though. If he makes drastic changes again for the third off-season in a row I'm going to be pissed. That is, of course, assuming he's back...

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                          He is very good in drafts. I want to see him hold a roster together though. If he makes drastic changes again for the third off-season in a row I'm going to be pissed. That is, of course, assuming he's back...
                          Considering the guys under contract next year are Bargnani, Calderon, DD, Davis, Johnson, Alabi, Bayless, Kleiza, and possibly Barbosa, there could easily be 6 new faces (2 new draft picks and 4 more roster spots). Are Wright, Dorsey, Weems, Ajinca, Trey, Evans all going to back? I hope not all of them. Also, I wouldn't mind seeing some of the guaranteed contracts sent off either (actually only 2 guess which?).

Bottom line there could be 6 plus new faces.

Comment

Well, I'd like to see Dorey and Evans back in the paint next season. I think Dorsey is Colangelo's call. Evans on the other hand will have many teams knocking. Right off the bat the Heat come to mind as a team who could desperately use a scrappy blue collar big man like Evans. Bosh isn't going to do that work and Haslem can't be expected to do it all.

I don't care if Weems is out but I would like to see Wright here again even if what he brings is not desperately needed. They need guys like Wright who can make an impact while not given the luxury of getting a good flow due to lack of consistent PT.

Comment

TNT crew at ASG talking about Raps bright future.

great young players in barg and dd (actually forgot Ed)

cap space mentioned

more going on than the record shows

something to effect BC doing a good job up there

Comment

The only true shake-up BC can do is trade Bargs and we all know that's not happening EVER.
                                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Working...
                                X