Colangelo Watch (Update In Post #14)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    The only true shake-up BC can do is trade Bargs and we all know that's not happening EVER.

Comment

the prob with T.O teams is we always want to rebuild every few years... we give guys a chance & when the titles dont roll in right after we burn these guys out of town...

BC is a good GM... but even the best GM's Dont build championships over night... give it time...

my main prob. is Maurizio.... knowing the way BC operates.. he likes to have his managment team be able to have a voice & i think MG has a loud voice in that room, im sure hes the main reason we keep going after all these Euro's.. The so called Godfather of Euro-Ball is Killing US with all the turkydoo, & bargs... i doubt BC drafts Bargs without MG begging him to....

Maurizio Is the real prob. with this team... GET RID OF MG... NOT BC!

Comment

Colangelo should be extended only until 2012-2013 season, when the Raptors should be a legitimate playoff team again. He needs to be evaluated on how he improves a playoff team, since he has a poor record building around Bosh. He needs one more chance.
        -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
        -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

I think if he's extended he's going to want something more long term than that. Otherwise what's the point in him signing on? It's not like he can't find a better offer on the market than a two year deal. I'm expecting a 4-5 year extension.

Comment

He just snagged James Johnson from Chicago, robbing them blind with Miami's 1st round pick! Sign the man to a long term contract. I dunno who's worse, Bryan Colangelo or Brian Burke?
            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
              He just snagged James Johnson from Chicago, robbing them blind with Miami's 1st round pick! Sign the man to a long term contract. I dunno who's worse, Bryan Colangelo or Brian Burke?
              LOL hey James Johnson almost avg 20 points and 10 rebounds in the D league!! him and Trey Johnson are D leagues ALL STARS!! the potential is there!!! sign Colangelo to a long term deal so we can combine team Euro and team D league to the most powerful team in the league.

Comment

hotshot wrote: View Post
                lol hey james johnson almost avg 20 points and 10 rebounds in the d league!! Him and trey johnson are d leagues all stars!! The potential is there!!! Sign colangelo to a long term deal so we can combine team euro and team d league to the most powerful team in the league.
                lol

Comment

phez wrote: View Post
                  lol
                  Aw man, don't laugh! It may be funny, but it just encourages them!

Comment

lol it's funny cause it's true.

Comment

SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
                      What are the preseason win predictions for TO in 2010-11? 15-25? Get a grip and come equip as Bargnani is the Raptor's Franchise player now.

Bosh left TO because he wanted to- point blank, and yes your sh*t does stank.

BC and the truth are two different realities when discussing Boshs' free agency post all star break period- you believed that media hyped Bull Chit propaganda not I- recognize the lies, or not- Nell Carter.

Hissy fit? NBA Team's player's have been showing up at the start of September for training camp since Sikma was a Sonic- what do you really know about the NBA? Players can rest in the TDot- can they not? DeMar has been playing in the LA Summer Drew League as well as he played in Vegas- and? He's here ready to go to work but not one international player is currently in the TDot representing- that is a certified fact no matter what you believe or post to the contrary.

I think that you should go sit in the corner- son, you're str8 up over & done.

Fyi- leaders lead by example while toy boys like Bargnani follow so for now just follow the leader (YG'z!!!):

You are absolutely entitled to your opinion but your rant is prototyipcal of what is exactly wrong in Toronto sports. Since the Raptors joined the league in 1995, they have had 7 head coaching changes; 4 GM changes. In only 16 years of existence, that is alot of change and inconsistency.

While BC has certainly made some questionable moves, there is no denying that his moves were made to improve the team and to surround Bosh with capable talent. Who could have predicted that Hedo would have turned out that way. JO was decent when he wasnt injured. Lets not forget that BC is only GM to win a division title in team history, with a roster full of international (Euro) players.

Point being, BC has a credible name in the league, has had success in both Phoenix and Toronto. With the departure of Bosh, this is a fresh start for the Raptors, to start anew and build a new era and who better to head that rebuilding than a two time winner of GM of the year. Letting go of BC would set the raptors back a few more years and who out there, with BCs credentials, is available and willing to sign with the Raps?

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                        LOL hey James Johnson almost avg 20 points and 10 rebounds in the D league!! him and Trey Johnson are D leagues ALL STARS!! the potential is there!!! sign Colangelo to a long term deal so we can combine team Euro and team D league to the most powerful team in the league.
                        Why must we mock these little moves that have little significance to the on court product at this time? This guy is trying to find diamonds in the rough. This same process is how he found guys like JaMario Moon, Kris Humphries, Carlos Delfino, Sonny Weems and Amir Johnson. I have not be happy about any of his big trades he's made in Toronto besides the ones that bailed out past mistakes he made in prior big trades. As such I don't think we should be wishing for big, drastically team changing trades from him. He makes the most out of his small moves. I don't think it should be scoffed at. I think we should be thankful he spends the time looking to add pieces at the end of the bench who might offer a lot more down the road. No other GM in Raptors history was playing this game.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                          Why must we mock these little moves that have little significance to the on court product at this time? This guy is trying to find diamonds in the rough. This same process is how he found guys like JaMario Moon, Kris Humphries, Carlos Delfino, Sonny Weems and Amir Johnson. I have not be happy about any of his big trades he's made in Toronto besides the ones that bailed out past mistakes he made in prior big trades. As such I don't think we should be wishing for big, drastically team changing trades from him. He makes the most out of his small moves. I don't think it should be scoffed at. I think we should be thankful he spends the time looking to add pieces at the end of the bench who might offer a lot more down the road. No other GM in Raptors history was playing this game.
                          Hear, hear.

"And thats the end of that Chapter." -Max Power

Comment

Working...
                          X