No announcement yet.

Raptors sign Ronald Dupree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BC never seems to get tired of acquiring: (1) slow footed, Euro-shooters, (2) backup PGs, (3) D-league 'project' swingmen.

Comment

dupree's contract is non guaranteed according to sportsnet
      http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/2...aptors_dupree/

no big deal if he sucks.

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
        dupree's contract is non guaranteed according to sportsnet
        http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/2...aptors_dupree/

no big deal if he sucks.
        So if this is true and we don't know that it is given that the Raptors have not announced it as such then that puts one in favor of Weems still being in contention for a guaranteed contract.
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
          Ah man love for Weems

Okay no problem

Don't forget that problem he is having with paying off some money he still allegedly owes and is past due form his college days.

I don't recall which member of Raptors management mentioned it during the LVSL games but one of them said that Weems has to learn to pass bettor. Maybe I am reading too much into that comment.

In any case as far as I know Weems has a non-guaranteed contract at the moment and we don't know if Dupree's is guaranteed or not.

There is no point in having Kleiza, Wright, Dupree and Weems especially when we could very well see DeRozan also at the SF when Barbosa is on the court.

We shall see.
          I don't love Weems, but he impressed me a fair bit last year. I don't think he's a future All-Star, or anything, but he did impress me with his array of skills.

As for the money problem, I knew nothing about it, but apparently it's been dealt with, so it really doesn't matter, does it?

Weems probably could learn to pass better, but he's not a black hole. He had the 6th most assists per minute on the team, WAY ahead of DeRozan, who was behind even Bargnani. If anyone needs to learn how to pass better, it's DeRozan.

And Weems' contract may or may not be guaranteed, but as far as I know, a player with a non-guaranteed contract would automatically have it guaranteed sometime in December. You can't simply guarantee it.

And I have little doubt that Dupree has a non-guaranteed contract. Why on earth wouldn't it be? That would make no sense. It's not as if the Raptors are bidding for his services and their roster is pretty much set, already, so what would be the point?

I do agree that there is no point in having Kleiza, Wright, Dupree and Weems which is why Dupree is training camp fodder.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

If Dupree ever sees floor time, its either because the Raptors are winning by a large margin (unlikely) or losing by a large margin (likely).

In any case welcome our new POB.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
              Go look at Wright's rookie season.

He had a very good rookie season and after it a lot of NBA writers were raving about his potential because of that and his athleticism.

In his rookie season in 57 games he averaged 12.5 points per 36 minutes 6.6 rebounds per 36 minutes in 11 mpg while shooting 53% from the field. He was 20 at the time.

He also had an offensive rating of 111
              and a defensive rating of 104
              along with a WS/48 of .126

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...wrighju01.html
              Renaldo Balkman had a Orat of 118 and Drat of 103 in 2008-09. Jamario Moon (Orat:110 / Drat:102) 2007-08. Linton Johnson, Joel Anthony, Dasagan Diop, etc..., etc.... Seriously, Buddah, haven't you learned anything? LOL. Orat without USG% means squat.
              Last edited by golden; Thu Sep 16, 2010, 04:30 PM.

Comment

hi buddah, would you mind changing your avatar? my 4 yr old is asking me 'who's that?' =)

Comment

Jaworski wrote: View Post
                  hi buddah, would you mind changing your avatar? my 4 yr old is asking me 'who's that?' =)
                  Tell your kid she's an Italian model. Where is the problem?
                  -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                  -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Good then, he is learning to apperciate the female beauty early which means he will probably will not turn gay (not that there is anything wrong with that).

Comment

Or atleast change the picture to a good one lol - that one looks like she's victim to a central american slumlord...

But to go back on topic - Anderson doesn't have a guaranteed contract (or only partially) and is clearly the guy anyone with knowledge of how we're trying to rebuild would say "Why the hell is he in on their Roster?!"

Not that he's useless, just that he's useless on a team that needs Bigs who can play defense, rebound and who can run the floor on the break.... (he's a walking TPE of sorts and is going to get traded when BC pulls the trigger on the next big deal - he could wait for the deadline...)

As for Ronald "You-Me-And" Dupree, he's alot like a more veteren version of Dahntay Jones - an inconsistant athletic freak with a poor jumper.... But he's 29 and we don't need to get talent NOW we need to build talent for 2-3 years from now... Maybe he'll be our Derrick Martin (if he makes it through training camp)
                      When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Comment

Dupree wasn't even impressive in last season playing in Europe, at least until now Colangelo was signing European stars but this one is a head scratcher.

http://www.eurobasket.com/player.asp...PlayerID=30969
                        Last edited by Hotshot; Thu Sep 16, 2010, 06:31 PM.

Comment

I would be surprised if Dupree makes it on the team. The good thing is if he is the first wing off the bench or starting in case of injury, we can just select Harrison Barnes now.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            I would be surprised if Dupree makes it on the team. The good thing is if he is the first wing off the bench or starting in case of injury, we can just select Harrison Barnes now.
                            nah, worst teams usually get screwed in the lottery i think that the worst team should be gauranteed a top 2 selection.
                            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                              The Per-36 stuff is fodder. If you play one game, one minute and grab 1 rebound, you average 36 rebounds per 36 minutes.
                              Thank you for being one of the only people here with any sense.

Also, Dupree's contract is NOT guaranteed. This was confirmed nearly the second it was announced that we signed him. Exclusively a training camp body unless he shows us otherwise.
                              Joshua Priemski
                              NBA blogger
                              SB Nation's Rufus on Fire
                              www.RufusOnFire.com/
                              www.twitter.com/HoopPlusTheHarm/

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                                Dupree wasn't even impressive in last season playing in Europe, at least until now Colangelo was signing European stars but this one is a head scratcher.

http://www.eurobasket.com/player.asp...PlayerID=30969
                                it makes sense. he just doesn't giv a f*ck this season, he's just looking to sign young talent and see who flourishes and who parishes.

savin up cap space for the future and just building maybe properly from the ground up for once, instead of renovating the same old building.

or at least that's what i think and feel.

i think the only reason he paid amir that much and didn't lock up sonny weems was cause amir was getting offers and sonny wasn't.
                                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
                                X