Adelman tees off on NBA re: Rockets schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adelman tees off on NBA re: Rockets schedule

Makes me wonder what he'd have to say if he had the Raptors "constantly travel into cities where the home team is lying in wait" schedule.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ml?eref=sircrc

Also, if Triano cried like this, fanboys everywhere would be howling that he's giving his team an excuse to not play hard and that he should be summarily dismissed. The Rockets are among the most overachieving teams in the NBA, and Adelman is a widely respected coach. Just sayin'.

+1

Comment

Although I don't feel sorry for any team in the league because I don't think any schedule is probably worse than ours, but good for Adelman for saying something.

Comment

I can't disagree with the doctor as he is prescribing 100% truth.

Comment

I think that anyone who complains about their schedule is a fucking whiner.

I can't even fathom how complex it would be to compile the schedule for the whole league. Sure some teams are going to get shafted with a harder schedule than others, but I am sure that it's just the luck of the draw and not preferential. You can't please everyone.

These are professional athletes in amazing shape and they should be able to adapt and they should be ready to play any day, any time, anywhere.

Comment

drizz wrote: View Post
            I think that anyone who complains about their schedule is a fucking whiner.

I can't even fathom how complex it would be to compile the schedule for the whole league. Sure some teams are going to get shafted with a harder schedule than others, but I am sure that it's just the luck of the draw and not preferential. You can't please everyone.

These are professional athletes in amazing shape and they should be able to adapt and they should be ready to play any day, any time, anywhere.
            This.

Complaining about the schedule is for bitches. Deal with it and move on.

Comment

On one hand, I agree. Yet on the other hand, a professional athlete on two day's rest will always outperform an athlete on little to no rest, especially when the rested athlete has time to study your strengths and weaknesses.

I also agree that scheduling is an extremely difficult job. But it seems like every year, the Raptors have a next to impossible early season schedule which has them fighting uphill every year. Then look at a team like the Lakers, who seem to have an early season cakewalk every year. There's no such thing as a perfect schedule, but I wouldn't mind a different story to play out next year.

Just out of curiosity, would someone be able to pull up the strength of schedule for October/November for the NBA finalists of the last five years, as opposed to the average SOS? I wonder whether there's a trend.

Comment

Working...
              X