Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jersey Changes?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jersey Changes?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99jcQ...eature=related
    is this legit? it looks real and pretty nice too

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

These changes have already been discussed somewhere. I like the idea of the maple leaf, but the claw was about the only good thing about the Raptor name.

Raptors Republic Rookie your mom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

could be true but i really hope not, this shit looks homo. light red leaf on solid red jersey? fuck outta here.

Raptors Republic Rookie CalibreMC's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

is there another link that is not youtube? I can't get youtube in China.....

Raptors Republic Rookie Afro_Daddy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

WOW! why would they take out the claw?

Post Thanks / Like

Time to go Huskies. Smart, strong, resilient, half-wolf, wild, northern, team-work.

Raptors Republic Rookie pistol pete's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Pele wrote: View Post
    Time to go Huskies. Smart, strong, resilient, half-wolf, wild, northern, team-work.
    I love those no-nonsense Huskies jerseys.

Raptors Republic Rookie abstract's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Pele wrote: View Post

The Huskies jerseys make the Raptors look like a college or high school team, and the name/logo only further perpetuates the stereotype of Toronto/Canada being a frozen wasteland.

As for removing the claw and replacing it with the Maple Leaf, I'm all about marketing the team to the Canadian market, but this is getting pretty ridiculous. The current management has totally stripped the identity of the original Raptors franchise, which had a distinctly Toronto feel to it, and replaced it with a generic Team-Canada replica of an NBA team.

Colangelo et al have hijacked the franchise that I grew up loving and re-branded it with an identity I have a hard time relating to, at least from a nostalgic perspective.

Raptors Republic Rookie JalenRose5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It looks like crap! why would they put a red maple leaf on the back? everyone knows we're from Canada, we're not a hockey team! I wish someone other than MLSE can buy the raptors and separate them from the Leafs! we're doomed!

Raptors Republic Starter Hassan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the whole jersey should be changed time to bring in something new and innovative

Raptors Republic Starter tonious35's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Call us the Huskies AND change the uniform. The addition of that maple leaf only makes us even closer resemble a sh@$% basketball team that we just witnessed this summer, Team Canada. It's like having Leo Rautins smearing a turd mark on your jersey.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote abstract wrote: View Post
    The Huskies jerseys make the Raptors look like a college or high school team, and the name/logo only further perpetuates the stereotype of Toronto/Canada being a frozen wasteland.

As for removing the claw and replacing it with the Maple Leaf, I'm all about marketing the team to the Canadian market, but this is getting pretty ridiculous. The current management has totally stripped the identity of the original Raptors franchise, which had a distinctly Toronto feel to it, and replaced it with a generic Team-Canada replica of an NBA team.

Colangelo et al have hijacked the franchise that I grew up loving and re-branded it with an identity I have a hard time relating to, at least from a nostalgic perspective.
    whoever thiks that is too ignorant and dumb to change their minds no matter what you do. might as well support it, who gives a shit what other people think anyways.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Raptors Republic Rookie your mom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I really wish they would bring purple back. That gave the team a distinct identity, since nobody else in the league had it as their primary color (to the best of my knowledge). Purple also looked sleek and sexy with black, and made for a very pleasing uniform.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote your mom wrote: View Post
    I really wish they would bring purple back. That gave the team a distinct identity, since nobody else in the league had it as their primary color (to the best of my knowledge). Purple also looked sleek and sexy with black, and made for a very pleasing uniform.

Kings
    Suns

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we should leave the claw. I mean feeling the need brand the jersies with a leaf will garner more negative press. Most ignorant American media outlets will find a reason to criticise. The leaf is already on the alternate jersey. Why do we need it now?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

So your saying that the Minnesota being called the Timberwolves perpetuates the stereotype of Minneapolis being a frozen wasteland as well. Minnesota is probably the closest thing to Canada climate and cultural wise outside this country so....

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote OTFP wrote: View Post
    Kings
    Suns
    Uh Lakers.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't like this. What was the problem with last year's jersey? Do we seriously need to put a maple leaf on the back? -- Is this team representing Canada now?

This reeks of MLSE.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Man, I hate that they took the claw away, replacing it with the f***ing maple leaf. Lame, lame, lame. Easy to imagine the kind of pro-corporate non-Raptors fan who made that decision. Not unlike whoever dragged the whole Huskies thing from out of the trash-pile. (Cuz) whatever a failed (and losing) franchise that existed for one year back in 1946-47 has to do with the Toronto Raptors of today, I’ll never understand. Except for someone -- probably that same old lady who removed the claw -- in MLSE earning a fat bonus for coming up with another way to separate a few sleepy Raptors fans from more of what’s in their wallets. It’s bonus time, yet again, at MLSE.

Raptors Republic Starter Ambidextrious's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Not really that much of a change but

I like it! The spacing with the letters and numbers look better. I like em' better than last years jersey's. Who cares how the US media is going to take it. There's only one NBA team in all of Canada, we should represent our country since its such a unique and special place. Keep the leaf!

My wish is that the raptors would change the franchise back to the Huskie's theme. That jersey is sweet!

Thread Information