Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors possibly getting into a three way trade for Melo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors possibly getting into a three way trade for Melo.

According to Chad Ford Insider http://espn.go.com/nba/ The nuggets are looking for a young prospect (lottery prospect probably) +draft picks + cap relief.

The raptors could realistically get involved as a third party, this would be a good chance to use the trade exception. Denver is also trying to trade J.R. Smith and are looking for an upgrade for Kenyon Martin and probably Nene if the price is right. Is their any players from, New York, New Jersey or Denver that you would be interested in the raptors acquiring?
    -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

assets we could get in a 3 way trade with Melo going somewhere else

The only guys I would want on NJ that we could get (not gonna trade B Lopez) are D Harris and I always like duke guys so I would like to give Brian Zoubek (C) a chance. We could use another center, although he's a rookie he was a really good defensive player and rebounder at Duke.
    As for Denver, I really Ty Lawson (PG) and Nene (C) but I doubt that denver would trade either of them.

The truth is the only guys I really wanna trade on the raptors right now are Evans and Banks and maybe Calderon because we have too many point guards. We really have no idea what we have as a team as the young guns have improved but we have no idea how much from summer league. I guess I should just post the order of importance of guys I wanna keep on the raptors
    1) DeMar DeRosan, 2) Linus Kleiza 3) Andrea Bargnani 4) Amir Johnson 5) Ed Davis (when healthy) 6) Sonny Weems 7) J Jack 8) L Barbosa 9) S Alibi 10) Calderon 11) D Anderson
    12) J Wright 13) Dorsey, 14) Dupree 15) Banks, 16) Evans
    I think when you look at this team, there isn't 1 player I can say I know what to expect from them for the next season. DD, SW, AJ, AB, ED, LK or LB any one of them could break out and be our scoring leader. Calderon is capable of playing at a much higher level than he did last season. We do know that Jack's probably gonna be the leader off the court. So for now just get rid of the guys you know are not long term, add a few more young prospects to the bench. Unless we can add a superstar player or a top notch center, lets play ball and see who steps up.

Comment

@Rockstar Rob: We have too many PGs? We only have 2 that will actually play, and one of them is injured.

Comment

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=32jk468

Here is my trade as you asked. Working off the premise CHA is interested Calderon. I'm starting to think Calderon has the worst contract in the league at this time because there are 3 seasons left on it. Also working off the premise DEN is looking to rebuild very quickly which this would allow with great young players they have and would get in combination with another $25M in expiring contracts and draft picks to go DEN's way.

As always, most likely would never happen.

For the Raps they would have assets to trade versus just ability to take on contracts i.e. teams would get something back in Nene, Harris, and Diaw.

And in the trade above, DeRozan should be Andersen. Anderson can't be traded until Sept. 28 and the trade machine wouldn't let it work since they are nearly he same salary (2.4 vs. 2.5M) I went with it.

Also, Denver would get a couple of draft picks from NJ.
        Last edited by mcHAPPY; Wed Sep 22, 2010, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Not related much to the Raptors but it is very interesting that the Sixers, in their trade with the Hornets, just added another wing who is more of a SF to go along with the current group of Turner, Iguodala, Young, Nocioni, Kapono, and now Brackins. You could also include Williams as part of the group wings although he is a combo guard as well as Jodie Meeks.

I wonder if Iggy is going to be shipped as part of the Melo trade. If this were to occur, I wonder if Melo goes to Philly or if PHI acts as a third or fourth team.

BTW, total rumour mongering on my part here but having 3 young, athletic, promising wings and 1 expensive wing is a lot of wings to have on a team without a lot of playing time - unless Young plays some 4.

Probably nothing but the next week should be interesting before training camp opens.

Comment

Working...
          X